August 26th, 2013

New release (20130826) of CM10.1 for S3 Mini is available!

If you want to say us thanks by donating us using PayPal, feel free 😉

If you’re updating from older CM10.1 version or migrating from Oliver’s CM10.1, you don’t have to perform a wipe!

• gps/bt driver update (yes, as yesterday’s PAC there’s fully and fast working GPS)
  • GLONASS navigation support!
  • new YouTube app issues resolved
  • new audio ALSA driver!
    • better audio quality (for example on headset more exact bass)
    • low-latency audio mode
    • optimised for Android only
  • optimised OMX (video) core for Android only (~50% less lib size! – from stock ~80KB to ours ~40KB)
  • optimised libblthw – faster camera
  • implemented new MaclawRIL
  • logcat cleaned from no-needed services

• RIL (call/messages/3G)
  • bluetooth
  • native Wifi tether
  • camera (normal/panorama/camcorder)
  • full CM10.1 functionallity
  • App2sd support
  • SIM Toolkit
  • no flicker
  • full hardware video acceleration (720p)
  • 3.0.84 kernel
  • New BT/GPS/Wifi/audio drivers – no longer buggy Samsung’s ones!

I’ld be glad, if you would share links to our download page, instead of direct links to download.

• OliverG96
  • tom3q
  • lupohirp

Before you’ll ask for help, check our FAQ. Maybe answer is already here?

If you want to say us thanks by donating us using PayPal, feel free 😉

• Niceeee !!!! THANK YOU MACLAW :))

• Evolez says:

Thats the shit man. You are the legend of this device.

Thanks alot

• Gianluca says:

nice but why my battery go down fast ???

• Alejandro Q. says:

I don’t know but my battery goes more than better. In 24 hrs using it I just reach the 50% and it was a very complet functionallity with wify, gps and calling and texting. best perfomance ever.

• Seaf says:

Very nice rom (again) Maclaw! Can I ask, when are you planning to do ROM based on 4.3? (Yes, I know, I bother you with this question all the time, but Im really looking forward for 4.3)

• Nobunaga says:

maclaw, now i’m used cm10.1_golden.maclaw.20130801 if i wanna change to cm10.1_golden.maclaw.20130826 do i need wipe my data ?

• aavvaallooss says:

Yesterday I´d changed from yours to OliverG96´s. Today I´ll change again to yours. You want to kill me, don´t??? 😉

• Macław says:

I don’t know why you even changed to Oliver’s. We had everything in last release what he added yesterday 😀 Also only here you have fully working wifi, wifi tether and bluetooth.

• chetan says:

is now bluetooth data transfer working properly means as fast as stock one please reply fast

• geckoliz4rd says:

Downloading it right now… 😀 😀
    Maclaw Team always the best for s3 mini.

• DocMAX says:

Is Bluetooth AD2P working NOW?

• Amancio says:

The bug of 1GHz on lock screen is solved? 😀

• TDS says:

Hmm, i can’t get a GPS fix, neither satellites are found :-/ Previous found around 5 to 8 and fixed 2 to 4.

• Oliver says:

Bluetooth AD2P is not working fine, I can be a beta tester if you want just tell me what I have to do

• xlony says:

where r smartassv2?

• Macław says:

Smartassv2 was made for 2.6.x kernels and it’s not correct to use it on 3.x kernels. Whole 3.x kernel has been made for use with Interactive governor, with giving you best performance & battery life.

• John Doe says:

You’re the man:)

• Sally says:

Great!! I love your fantastic work! Please, work on offline charging and BLN and this Rom will be perfect!

• JiaWei says:

Do I need factory reset if i switch from aokp_golden.maclaw.20130811 ? Or even flash to PAC rom? Sorry for asking 🙂

• Florim says:

Hi. First, I have to say that this build is great. But I have an issue: when i answer to an incoming call it is a little delay until the caller can hear me(1-2 seconds). How to cancel this delay? Thanks for this ROM.

• Sandero says:

Thanks, guys!
    Maclaw, were the problems solved inaudible person being called? Or must also juggle swing volume?

• Is there no realy bug on the new relaese?
    And a full funtionality great cm performance rom?

• ehabsubh says:

i am use now cm10.1_golden.maclaw.20130801 how update only flash from cwm new verison without gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip or what ,,, thankyou

• Can i restore my data from stock 4.1.2?

• Sandero says:

Thanks! Maclaw, were the problems solved inaudible person being called? Or must also juggle swing volume as in previous releases?

• acquah34 says:

am worried about battery life ….is it better than original samsung stock firmwre?

• Klaus says:

Hi Maclaw,

great, I was on the former 10.1 since the beginning, and now I updated. I love it!

One thing, though. I’d like to use Velis Auto Brightness, as there’s no auto brightness on the S3 mini. But with CM10.1 the app can’t decode the EXIF Data (notably exposure). I can see it on linux, but obviously the standard libraries don’t seem to be able to. Any hint?

Klaus

• rmc says:

Any chance to get haptic feedback on menu/back buttons?

• Sven says:

At last something i forgot. the mobile youtube page is stucking after some seconds. Picture freeze and sound is remaining.

• aavvaallooss says:

Not happened here (Never)

• Sven says:

I’m wondering why my previous comment has been deleted. So i will try it once more:

Your current release has still a bug with bluetooth audio. It is not possible to call or receive calls. In the previous release there had been a static noise on my side. Now the static noise is on the opposite and calls are interrupted after some seconds. I have tested it with two different cars (skoda superb II and audi a3) and no bluetooth calls are working.
      This had been in your previous release and it still remains. I’d like to test it for you with different bluetooth hardware, when you have changed or fixed audio drivers and settings. Could you provide a rom with the original samsung drivers for testing or give a patch which replaces the drivers? Currently bt audio is unusable.

The second one is the call volume. Receiving a call the volume is too low and you can’t increase it directly. You need to decrease the volume first and then you’re able to increase the volume. But the last setting is not saved.

And at last i have recognized the phone is hanging, while watching a mobile youtube video (app not testet). Video is stopping after some seconds and the audio remains playing,

• Sebastian says:

Same problem with the youtube videos, sometimes they work sometimes they don’t, the screen freezes but the audio keeps playing until i kill the app, also i tried using Dolphin Browser and installed Flash Player from Adobe site but it’s still buggy.

• TIbasic says:

I’ve got a problem, when I connect my Anker battery, it doesn’t load m’y phone with this ROM, once, the mp3 player turned on, as if i pluged a dock…

• Renato Aguiar says:

Very good! It’s working fine in my S3 Mini. Thanks.

• Complex says:

maclaw send this to the cyanogen mod web site meybe they’ll aprove this as a official port ;D

w8ting for a new AOKP version ;D
    the camera flash buttons are set the wrong way….

BTW can you add the “in call volume boost button” from the stock FW or something like that? i think the sound is too low some times

Anyway continue with the good work

• spanman says:

Bluetooth transfer still very slow so I can’t use my bluetooth headset when driving. Hope this can be fix soon. Also the low audio during calll is still there for me, need to lower and raise volume to hear the person. Everything else works for me, gps lock withing 15 seconds when indoors using waze gps app.

• lost911 says:

thanks Maclaw for the great job!
    I have some troubles with GPS in this release: TomTom crashes when I activate GPS,but if the GPS remain deactivated the navigator runs without problems. no problem instead whit Google navigator.
    any ideas how to fix it?

• reressourcehumaine44 says:

What about USB OTG ? Does it require an extra kernel module ?

• Mevlüt says:

Hello Maclaw..

sound from the headphones is fine, but when I call. calls from the headphones is very little sound.

How can I fix this problem?

• Jedidiah Shenazar says:

the screen is dark when making a call,i can’t using my phone when im call

• MERT ADA says:

Plz work on offline charging 🙁

• Tyre777 says:

For youtube temporary fix, download official youtube app from googleplay. Next time you open youtube in browser link playing videos to the downloaded youtube app. Should work fine

• jimmyc11 says:

Hi if I flash my galaxy s3 Mini with this, will i have mobile data because I tried it with another cm 10.1 release and i had no network and when i went to check it just said error while searching for network.. thanks

• Lukas says:

great job so far !
    any news about cm 10.2/jellybean 4.3 ?

• Luke says:

Hello guys, thk u 4 the great work. In my case everything works great except when I receive calls the screen stays off. I have 2 push the home button first 2 unlock the screen. Anyone any clue? Klaus seems also have the problem! 😉

• Smauli says:

Hello Maclew,

I have internet and flat every time I’m on my mobile network then goes away and I have to start receiving my new phone? can you please fix it?

• Gigi says:

Thanks for the great work, everything is fast and stable, battery on par with stock (sometimes even slightly better). I’m on a french I8190XXAME1 and the only serious issue I have (as also reported by others) regards bluetooth speed which is INCREDIBLY LOW (~5 Kb/s). If you can live with that, this rom is great for daily use 🙂

P.S. GPS speed and accuracy in this build really left me amazed 😀

• TIbasic says:

I can plug my phone only on the official Samsung loader if i want do load it…

• WRostom says:

The Youtube app is still buggy, the app crashes a lot and also the video freezes and the audio keeps playing then it crashes again

• Alan says:

And the cm10.1 nightlys that you say 1 release every week for ace/gio??????

• Marcos Gonzalez says:

Thank you maclaw! You are awesome!

• Michael Pua says:

Bluetooth headset noisy can’t use. YouTube hang. Xama2 here. Thanks for wonderful work maclaw. Stil the best ROM for s3mini.

• Rui says:

Thanks for your work 🙂
    Now, about the 2 problems:

1-Camera flash buttons are wrong. I think there is a fixed version of camera app. I’ll try to use it, but just let you now there is a fix. I think the other cm10.1 rom doesn’t have this issue.

2-Like many mentioned youtbe is not working very weel. Plays fine small videos but long videos sometimes it works, others don’t. Same problem as other users reported. Video freezes but sound never stops. Doesn’t happen on stock.

• Andrew says:

Anyone has terrible battery life on wifi?

• my capacitive button are dead after flashing this rom and also aokp and pac. how can I solve this problem? This rom is great. Sorry my english, still learning 🙂

• mateo says:

be possible to carry this AOKP bln thanks

• Pepito says:

You MUST release you modified sources for OMX core. They’re under GPL license.