August 28th, 2013
Android Open Kang Project

New release (20130828) of AOKP for S3 Mini is available!

If you want to say us thanks by donating us using PayPal, feel free 😉

• gps/bt driver update
  • GLONASS navigation support!
  • AOKP sources update
  • new YouTube app issues resolved
  • new audio ALSA driver!
    • better audio quality (for example on headset more exact bass)
    • low-latency audio mode
    • optimised for Android only
  • optimised OMX (video) core for Android only (~50% less lib size! – from stock ~80KB to ours ~40KB)
  • optimised libblthw – faster camera
  • implemented new MaclawRIL
  • logcat cleaned from no-needed services

• RIL (call/messages/3G)
  • bluetooth
  • native Wifi tether
  • camera (normal/panorama/camcorder)
  • full AOKP functionallity
  • App2sd support
  • SIM Toolkit
  • no flicker
  • full hardware video acceleration (720p)
  • 3.0.84 kernel
  • New BT/GPS/Wifi/audio drivers – no longer buggy Samsung’s ones!

I’ld be glad, if you would share links to our download page, instead of direct links to download.

• OliverG96
  • tom3q
  • lupohirp

Before you’ll ask for help, check our FAQ. Maybe answer is already here?

If you want to say us thanks by donating us using PayPal, feel free 😉

• noven says:

it is possible for pac rom update?
    nice work maclaw!!! :)s

• MERT ADA says:

Can we do offline charging ? 🙁

• chetan says:

is bluetooth a2dp fixed in this release if not when you are going to fix that

• Does A2DP work on this release?
    Great work, by the way. Cheers.

• aliff says:

will it work on gt-i8190n (nfc)?

• aliff says:

ok thanks! can u give me the instruction how to install it…im still new…your help would be appreciated…great work maclaw!

• Razvan says:

1. Install a custom recovery. I recomand Clockwork 6.0….(last version has touch enabled).
      2. Flash this. If first time installing this do a full WIPE.

• Razvan says:

Maclaw did you fixed In call low volume? Or are you planing to?
    it’s really anoying for every call to have to lower and then raise volume to fix it.

• spanman says:

Working very good GPS locking fast, calls sms working. My only problem is same as other versions slow bluetooth transfer which I need for my bluetooth headset and low volume on calls (I know I can to lower and raise volume). Hope these two issues can be resolved then this will be perfect rom.

Thanks keep up the good work and updates.

• Arnau says:

Stuck on 1GHz always… but on all CM and AOKP roms (On Oliver ROM too)

It’s my device, sure…

• Razvan says:

yup. it’s your device. i have CM and don’t have this bug. i have the simple version. not the L(latin) or N(NFC) version.

• Harry says:

I just updated – and it’s so super-smooth :). Thanks a lot, Maclaw!!!

• Costin T says:

I went to sleep with 80% battery …I woke up after 7 hours and phone was shut down with battery 0%

• jebus says:

After instal the firmware the buttons beside the home button doesn’t work… What can I do?

• Terry Boxer says:

Hi Maclaw Studios. I’m loving the s3 mini updates. Thank you.

This is probably the wrong place to ask a random question line this but I’ll give it a shot..

Since my girlfriend has a Sony xperia u, I noticed it has a similar chipset and hardware. I’m wondering if at all possible you could port your cm or AOKP roms to them. They have half the ram but it might be possible to downgrade some of the system apps to make a smooth rom. Of course if this isn’t possible or you simply don’t want to then never mind.. I won’t complain. 🙂

• alvaro says:

The only problem that i have, is that in a Incoming call, the screen dont turns on until i press home button.

• RealCaracas says:

Hi!! his rom looks awesome on my s3 mini, gonna try for a few days, then post results…

About bluetooth a2dp problem could this fix the problem?

• RnBish says:

Hi, Why I did not catch the connection?

• Freaky says:

some wifi connections doesent work … cannot connect … stuck in authentication (password authentication) … same on cm 10.1 … the passwords are corect … not all wifi’s … what’s wrong?? …

• RealCaracas says:

Hi! Great ROM! Best so far in my S III mini… This are the bugs i found on a day of use:

1) When accepted incoming call you have to decrease and then increase the volume to get a good volume.
    2) When using the speaker making a call, you have to decrease and then increase the volume to get a good volume.
    3) Youtube video app crash after 1 or 2 minutes of playing.
    4) Some audio apps crash when you try to change volume with the in app control when using headset… This can be fixed unchecking in sound options “Safe Headset Volume”

If this is fixed then this ROM is getting more close to perfect!