December 28th, 2013

New release (20131228) of CM11.0 for S3 Mini is available!

• bugfixed in new RIL
  • big optimization p. #4 (last)
  • Odin package also updated

• auto EFS backup
  • built using Linaro toolchain

• Benzonat0r
  • tom3q
  • lupohirp

Before you ask for help, check our FAQ. Maybe answer is already there?

• Uhm… was there a bug in the RIL implementation of yesterday…? Really? I didn’t had any troubles yesterday.

• With this update are already solved the problems of YouTube and instagram!?

• Pr0st says:

Do you guys never take a holiday? Love what you do, My s3 Mini is so much faster.

• Bodo says:

low volume bug is back

• Roger says:

Play/pause music and videos still doesn’t work.

• Christof says:

• Great see Cyanogen updated the translation to others languages, the was incompleted. The ROM is really getting improved

• Jurgen says:

Really like this ROM. Does anyone have problems with SMS blacklisting?

• jesus eduardo says:

I have a problem, when I install CM-11 (4.4.2) on my s3 mini me is perfect but when I install the google apps often freezes and I have to reboot to get well but as 10 minutes again freeze and not let me open anything. why?

• Schwendes says:

After flashing this Rom the Battery Lifetime only 4h, the Android System needed 74% please fix it. Thanks !

• David says:

Well i have not tried this one yet.. the last version in terms of battery lifetime was the best until now 🙂 16 hours , cheching facebook every 30 mins using skype and some web searches and still got 65% battery left !!!
      When i was charging the phone last time it rebooted itself don´t know why..

• Stasiu says:

The same here. Battery usage is just ridiculous now. Almost 45% of battery is getting drained by the OS, even when the phone is hardly used.

• Pr0st says:

Still no compass and start/pauze witk bluetooth or Appollo skips a track.

• Starkus says:

NavBar please.

• dog par says:

Add that line to the last line of your build.prop file then reboot to take effect & voila, you have pie controls & nav bar.
      qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

• Johnie says:

“New for phones in Android 4.0, the navigation bar is present only on devices that don’t have the traditional hardware keys. It houses the device navigation controls Back, Home, and Recents, and also displays a menu for apps written for Android 2.3 or earlier.”

But you can enable it in build.prob or with an APP. 😉

• Melih says:

Oh yes we really need it. Most CM users ‘ capacitive buttons are dead huh? It would be really nice but there’s no way to enable navbar I guess.

• Luchó Rocha says:

Search for Universal NavBar Aroma Installer

• Hoang says:

yes, pause/play with youtube still has problem, the same problem with yesterday release

• PLawler says:

BT gets stuck in an endless crash loop if I attempt to enable it.

• Merkur9 says:

Does somenone else experience problems with “barcode scanner apps”? I just get a black screen from the camera… Any ideas?

• thocaos says:

I’ve a problem with speakerphone when i receive an incoming call. the screen show me that the function is active when i press the button for this feature, but nothing go out of speackerphone.

• Juan Rios says:

even sim toolkit does not appear, either aplicaiones connects to the camera needing a black screen

• Some files in my internal storage aren’t seen, do you have solution for that?

• RianChsrndl says:

hello maclaw ! thanks for today update, btw yesterday i use 20131227 and when i turned on and turned off wifi, the network suddeny become airplane mode.. anyone had some problem like me?

• Ludo says:

My phone shutdown itself 2 times until i flash the CM 11—20131228.

• FoReNeO says:

my homescreen disappeared, just stay one

• eswarc1 says:

Battery drain like Sony devices

• Hello, I wanna know two things:
    1)Which version is stable for S3 mini?
    Because there are version 4.4, 4.3, 4.2 and 4.1, but Maclaw doesnt say which is stable.
    This is what im saying: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9862/6a1h.jpg

CyanogemMod.org has stable category, why Maclaw doesnt have it? :/ I just wanna a stable version (based on CM) for my s3 mini…

2)Just one more Question: If , for example, I install this version android 4.4 (based on CM 11), if Maclaw launch a new version with bugs correctly, but it is android 4.4 (based on CM11 too), Just normal udpates that Maclaw do every week.
    Can I update Over the air? Just clicking on smartphone with Maclaw CM 11 (android 4.4) Config-> About smartphone -> Software Update ???

With my s3 mini (android 4.1.2 original samsung firmware) I just do that, check software updates on smartphone and if there is, I click download and install over the air, Maclaw android 4.4 (CM 11) has this function too? Or I will have to install all thing again? format smartphone and all bureaucracy? :/

Thanks you!!!

• Troels says:

I’m not sure, but I don’t think you can get OTA updates from Maclaw. The most stable version – I think – is the older 4.2.2 (CM 10.1) from Maclaw – and it seems like there is a lot of work to be done before one would use 4.4 for daily use, when third party apps have problems with the camera etc.
      I’ve installed 4.2.2 on my fathers phone, and everything (except NFC) seems to work pretty well, that’s how I know.

• Nice, but for example… today (December 29) Maclaw launched a new version of CM 11 for s3 Mini (http://maclaw.pl/2013/12/29/release-cyanogenmod-11-0-s3-mini-24)

If you are already using Maclaw CM 11 version in your s3 mini (for example: you are using version December 28, this version above of this topic page) and if you wanna update it to the newest version (December 29), will you have to Download it again from Maclaw.pl and install manually in your s3 mini? –‘

Because I thought that Maclaw had OTA updates like Samsung oficial Android (with touchwiz) has.

It seems very bad and premature :/
        I think before creating new versions for Android s3 mini, based on CM, Maclaw should create the option to install it via OTA, I dont know about you, but I think OTA updates are very important today…

Thanks!

• suhi SLO says:

Hmm? So i was playing with graphics option ended with clean swipe. Now on clean OS a bunch of problems came out. CAM not working, reboots, Google keyboard- in extra language settings flickers, lost my root, can’t access extra options…

• ArtyomV says:

Fix bug with Instagram and other camera app.
    And i have bug with wallpaper

• Ludovic says:

My phone shutdown itself 2 times until i flash the CM 11 – 20131228. And Google Maps doesn’t work in guidance mode, if i don’t use any options like no pay road, i live in France.

• damianos says:

I confirm. Google maps in guidance mode doesn’t work.

• Samvel says:

For me all works fine! Thank you Maclay!!!

• Pr0st says:

Everything works, only some small bug. 1, Compass does not work. 2, Pause/play in Apollo skips a track. 3, No agenda on lockscreen. 4, Incoming calls do not hear me the first 2 seconds. (could be T-Mobile)

• Nico says:

ClockSync still not working correctly… Alarm doesn’t work on time.

• hi !

great rom, i only have one problem, no matter how many times i reinstall it.

every time i get a whatsapp the phone reboots. anyone else have that ?
    how could i fix it?

thanks a lot! greatest rom ever!

• i get an email from this site the moment i hit “post Comment”, the phone did the “new email sound” y REBOOTS!!! so the problem its not only with whatsapp, it seems to be with gmail to.
      ill be posting if i keep getting reboots with other notifications.

greetings!