December 29th, 2013

New release (20131229) of CM11.0 for S3 Mini is available!

• stable release
  • new RIL is stable now
  • Camera app sources has been finally repaired and now Camera is being compiled again
  • removed no needed codecs from OMX implementation
  • boot should be even faster
  • Odin package also updated

• auto EFS backup
  • built using Linaro toolchain

• Benzonat0r
  • tom3q
  • lupohirp

Before you ask for help, check our FAQ. Maybe answer is already there?

• Sarlanga says:

In download section says “Only some ROMs currently supports NFC feature.” but i can´t find it.

• Let’s try … thank you.

• herbert says:

fix youtube please a don’t like this rom because youtube can not play videos in QHD .any way thans for all Maclaw group !. ^^

• Johnie says:

QHD is for displays with 960x540px. The S3 mini have 800x480px…

so why you want play videos with an definition what is not supported by your phone?

• A.Jewsbury says:

Thanks for super quick release MaclawStudio well done!
    Has media/YouTube playback (play/pause crashing and YouTube pixelation) been fixed though??

• AbeYz says:

Low volume bug in calls still there.. I remember this bug from your 4.3 CM and you resolved that, can you resolve this bug in 4.4.2 to?

• asddsa says:

i play youtube and it buffer then didnt play

• PEASE FIX IT says:

Blackscreen in BarcodeScanner App
    and
    Incoming calls do not hear me the first 2 seconds
    and
    Hardkeyslight not working properly

• Bodo says:

Location is not selectable in the Cam

• Heisenberg says:

While I’m using pou, it scratches:((

• Cml says:

hmm it has become slow, takes ages to switch between the pages in menu

• Ricardo Orozco says:

It’s your problem, man. This release it’s very fast, and I have no lag at all; you should check your CPU governor and what apps do you have installed, some stay at background.

• balle says:

i’m still on 10.2 but what governor do you use? i switched to abyssplug because it looks like it’s charging faster. but i don’t know which ones work well for our cpu and kernel…

• user0815 says:

Cam app keeps crashing. Installed Focal –> only black photos. Any idea?
    S3 mini I8190 – CM11-20131228-UNOFFICIAL-golden

• mainbrain says:

Is there any way to get audio to the docking station. There is an option in audio settings, but I can’t activate it.

• Samvel says:

screencast…?

• Thank you… . Screencast?

• Johnie says:

It is selectable in cam options…

• Artyom says:

Thanks for auto focus in video. But instagram and barcod scanner can not work( black screen in camera mode)

• Bodo says:

no isnt no location selectable

• Melih says:

Thank you for your work guys! You’re the best.

• TDS says:

Some apps, like WhatsApp (not FB or so), ignoring mute. They still play notification sounds.

• makiller says:

Yeah, same for me here.
      It’s very annoying, since I’d need my handy to be completely quiet at some times a day.
      I always hope nobody will notice it, but sometimes I get angry views 🙁

• Vlad says:

Please I need help, I have the last release of cm 10.2 and my phone reboot when I receive a SMS with the screen off, anyone knows how to fix it?

• PLawler says:

BlueTooth won’t turn on here, gets stuck in endless loop. Looks like it’s back to trawling the XDA forums for me. If anyone here could check their BlueTooth and let me know by Reply if yours is crashy or rock solid, it would be greatly appreciated.

• PLawler says:

*I should have said ‘BT gets stuck in endless crash loop’.
    To be clear:
    1. Enable BT
    2. BT turns on
    3. Then BT crashes
    4. BT tries to turn itself back on
    5. See (3) [although after about 3 or 4 crashes it gives up]

• Starkus says:

NavBar please ?

• ns181997 says:

To enable / disable them, as far as I know you simply have to edit the build.prop:

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 (show on screen buttons)

the build.prop file is in the root directory/system

• Johnie says:

Every andriod since 2.3 have the navbar. The only thing you must do is to activate this in build.prop or with an app…

• Starkus says:

I tryed this, but the navbar dosen’t apears. I tryed one app on google play who edit the build.prop o active the NavBar, but don’t work too.

• Johnie says:

“Softkey Enabler” from Playstore works fine with the S3 Mini.

But i think is senseless because, S3 min also have 2 Softkeys…

• balaborian says:

Please… i have a problem with navbar… but about buttons… mine don t work when using ROMs… I saw that this is about international/AT&T purpose… can u help me ?

• Kaan says:

sound is still buggy in some apps such as pou and twittee but it isnt writed in known issues. is it happens only on my phone?

• kosharik_FIN says:

I have some bugs whit sounds too. Sometimes playing short audio files repeatedly gives some kind of really loud about a second lasting noise. That’s why I had to turn my SwiftKey button press sound off. Also when playing terraria sounds are cut randomly and music doesn’t play after some time. This didn’t happen whit stock rom.

• kosharik_FIN says:

Also when listening music (local files, not streaming) on background and playing games, short loud corrupted sounds appear here and there randomly.

• mohs18 says:

Thank you !!! finaly focus works during video recording !!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

• TDS says:

If I go to missed calls and click into a number the Dialer has a FC. Can you reproduce and fix it?

• Marco says:

Does anyone ishaving troubles with your calendar? Mine is not showing any events. Any adviace?

• Jesus says:

I installed the 28th release (first time I install a ROM) and I wonder if it’s the same procedure to install this one. also, the problem with the cam and Youtube are fixed? thx the crew for making this!

• Ludovic says:

Offline charging does not work, when I charge my phone and want to shutdown it, it reboot automatically.

• Ludovic says:

And PLEASE, could you introduce SD Card in Camera please ?

• kemdmqoises says:

For offline charging there is a trick, first disconnect the charger, then you must remove the battery from your phone for a few seconds, then insert the battery and finally connect the charger, and battery is charging in offline mode!

• Bodo says:

ME TOO
    (And PLEASE, could you introduce SD Card in Camera please ?)

• Nico says:

Clock always freeze in deepsleep.. Alarm doesn’t ring..

• Domingo Sassone says:

i have installed 10.2

Do i have to skip “wipe” and “clear dalvik cache” also? do i have to flash the new gappas or 4.3 works?

in case i don’t like this new rom. How do i go back to 10.2?

• When you go from 10.2 to 11 you have to do a clean install… That means you have to wipe everything and install the Gapps file of the version… If you are upgrading, for example installing the release of today, you don’t need to wipe, is still 11. Going back is the same.

• Johnie says:

Only install the .zip and the new GAPPS. Because there are an update script in the rom.

For downgrade you need to do a FULL wipe. Because there are NO downgrade script in rom.

• SilverGun says:

Is the issue where music players crash when pausing a song still there?

• Squall says:

for recording in SD card download this fixcam and install with cwm.
    forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2424141&d=1385825817

• Cătă says:

Nope. The camera still doesn’t work with other apps.

• bc says:

Read previous post yesterday’s posts or days before posts and you will see your answer. Almost everyday someone talks about camera not working or black screen in third party apps etc and almost everyday someone answers .

• Johnie says:

Yes it works, you only have to enable this in dev options!

• pur_club says:

Random shut down !

• Radena says:

Fixed here… It works great now.

• Daniel says:

Thanks for your work maclaw.

I think for now the most buggy thing is the sound, there’s problems switching to speaker, delay when you answer a call, mute doesn’t work properly (whatsapp for example).

Also the clock freezing problem is very annoying because we can’t rely on phone alarm to wake up.

Keep up the good work 😉

• joao sa says:

Can you please make The foldermount app to work because when im going to transferiu an APP to SD card it just says unknown error

• AbeYz says:

Not working for me..the problem is in calls, incoming and outgoing calls if you put on speaker during a phone call the speaker starts very law you need to vol down and then vol up and its back to normal again its not generally problem just in phone calls

• Gerardo says:

With this rom the battery on my phone only last 6 hours on stand-by, Does anyone has the same problem? I made a clean install and everything.

• vicevirus says:

when will h/w+ works?

• opick says:

how to disable permanet HW overlay??please dont delete post

• John says:

* The camera still doesn’t work with other apps.
    * The speaker sound is very low.
    * Reboots automatically.
    * The speaker sound is distorted when twitter updates.
    * No changes are saved when the user selects another default application to view missed calls.
    * Can’t share files from instagram.
    * GO Backup & Restore Pro not working properly, the app does not read external memory.

• Reaper says:

Hello Maclaw, is there any way we can install apps to an external sd card partition using this release? I really appreciate your work, thank you.

• patze85 says:

my phone started to eat a lot of battery since this update, ca 40% in about 7 hours (standby!)

• Pr0st says:

Battery life is great. Apollo pause / start works again. Still have to do the developer option trick to use the camera in other apps. 1 random reboot, en that is really anoying.

• patze85 says:

btw, 3rd party chargers are still not supported! i’ve got problems charging my phone in my car and at home with a 3rd party charger (no problems with other phones)

• Rafael says:

I’m looking at the reviews, and I see that for most problems, and make a dalvin Wipe cache solves!

• Cătă says:

I’m currently having problems with the clock. Today my clock didn’t ring, the lock screen worked perfectly, but the clock that we see when we’re on the main screen freezed, it doesn’t get updated. It hasn’t got unfreezed until I mangled with the clock settings on and off.
    That was ok for today, but I’m a student and the finals are coming, and the clock is more critical for me, than any other feature, like the camera.
    I’ve set the clock now to update itself, and don’t rely on the network, and I’ll see how it goes, but this isn’t a final solution. It might be buggy only when the clock is set to update itself based on the network.
    Also there are some freaky things happening after I got a call today:
    http://i44.tinypic.com/29e3ivp.png (upper left corner)
    http://i43.tinypic.com/iyidxv.png (gadget button doesn’t show how it should)

• KingGehl says:

Best rom for the S3 mini by far! Very fast, great battery, thanks for the hard work even over christmas!
    Any news about the features you´re working on? Looking forward to it, guess they will be usefull as always.

Greetz

• MrStueck says:

Is there some oppertunity to disable the three-dot-inapp-menu-button?
    Its so anoying!

• Nico Samuel says:

Does anyone reboot automatically whrn using application??

• makiller says:

Let’s face it: the 1Ghz bug is back. 🙁
    (For me it was never gone, unfortunately)

• Samvel says:

1080p video? Thanks work maclaw/))

• ocin says:

Does anyone reboot automatically when using application?? It happen on my phone when battery precentage below 40%

• Dlamalice says:

Flash led is greyed in camera option.
    Is it a bug ?

• Heinrich says:

The changelog states that this is a stable release, and it really seems to run flawlessly on my S3 mini. I flashed it on Dec. 29, and I couldn’t find any bugs yet!

Does that mean, that the following releases are less stable than this one, or will there be even more stability improvements?