January 16th, 2014
RELEASE for Ace & Gio

First release (20140116) of CM11.0 for Ace & Gio is available!

This software is in experimental stage. You’re using it on your own risk!

For flashing our KitKat you can use any recovery!

• first release

Features (what should work)

• GPS and A-GPS
  • Bluetooth with A2DP
  • mass storage
  • built using Linaro toolchain

• camera doesn’t work
  • if you find any, let us know

• androidarmv6
  • tom3q

• thanks maclaw….!!!after a long time back..

• Thanks Thanks Thanks !

If the bugtracker works I’ll post any bug I’ll find

• mat92 says:

Thank you so much Maclaw and Marcin! I’m very glad to see that Ace/Gio realeases are back 🙂

• Tri says:

download it and directly flash to my ace, it seem failed to boot because after waiting around 5 minutes its only black screen (no boot animation). I flashed using CWM 5.0.26…

• david says:

thank you maclaw and marcin after a long time… we missed that 😀

• eduardo zeas says:

• Kevin b says:

Ace and Gio, seriously ?! YOU ROCKS !!
    THANKS !!!

• Prictor says:

Thanks Maclaw for the new release for Gio. Just one question, how is battery life?

• Joe says:

I’m also interested in battery life 🙂 I have two batteries, but still a important point 😉 mfg Joe

P.S.: Even in Austria there are many Fans of MacLaw 😉

• ccaustic says:

Finally! Thank you Maclaw, you rule!

• FinnTheHuman says:

Google Play Services and Android Keyboard (AOSP) give FC all the time.

• Malandirix says:

Just black screen when boot up, md5 is OK so…

• darkfox says:

EPIC FAIL my dad sold his ace las week xD

• André says:

Thanks alot dude been waiting a long time and checking your website almost daily

• Me says:

I just put Kit Kat on my old Gio. It got a new life! Thank you so much! You guys are my idols!!! 🙂

• FenoMen says:

When Google Apps for Gio/Ace

• Tiago says:

When I toggle\untoggle loudspeaker, volume goes to minimum (while the actual setting is on max) increase or decrease volume by one and goes back to normal.any one having same problem or know the solution? i8190

• kondziooo says:

Installed via CWM 5.0.2.6. Works really nice. Unfortunately there aren’t gapps in it. Can’t wait for update : )

• Zar says:

How long does it take to go beyond the charging screen?

• ravi says:

oh my god… i can’t believe maclaw…

thank you thank you thank you very much…

wonderful job maclaw & team…

again thanks…

• Benedick Antonio says:

Please fix bugs as soon as possible sir =)

• Stannieman says:

Camera troubles… Driver problems again?

• Peppe says:

Thank you Thank you Thank you you are the best

• HansE says:

Thank you, thank you, will sure install next update on my gio. I was checking this site few times a week to see if gio was still being developed on.

• Mohammad says:

a white screen comes after i reboot my phone when installation finished,please fix the problem.

• FenoMen says:

Google Apps don’t install corectly for me, Android 4.4 CM 11 work corectly without GAAPS with GAPPS don’t start system

• maniek says:

You crazy bastard! 😀 please repair camera and add some gapps. Feel free 😉

• rapkiller says:

I tried to flash it with cwm5.0.2.6 and it doesn’t boot, I tried to flash it with cwm6.0.3.7 and it doesn’t boot. The problem is after the samsung logo that I get a whitescreen. Can anyone help me please?

• Richall says:

Thank You, i love 4.2.2 no bugs, but i cant instal gapps 🙁 can you help me ?

• bob says:

redownload the rom

• ThatGuy says:

Can’t Wait To Test!!! 😀 😀 😀 Thank you Maclaw Team!!!

• marciba says:

thanks for this relase i hope you will update it like s3minis roms

• Joe says:

Thank you guys 🙂 Checked the website daily^^ Finally its here 😀 Some issues are there, but i can wait for updates 😉

• a says:

Should this work better than CM10 or worse?

• Vadim says:

Thanks maclaw!!!

• batman38102 says:

Damn good job Maclaw and the team. Thought u guys left developing for ace and gio but good to see you guys back!

• willytheidiot says:

After months…..
    Nice job guys !!

• Phil McNugget says:

You are a kurwa team! Keep up the good work. Everyone that has paypal should at least buy you a beer.
    Donate, people! 🙂

• 11awad says:

thank you guys for making it possible

• hrincon says:

Just when all hope was lost… Thank you guys!

Are you working on AOSP KitKat too? That would be great…

• Nelson Kerber Hennemann Filho says:

Great to see that Ace/Gio is still alive. Congratulations to the team. I hope that other projects like CM9, CM10.1, AOSP ICS and AOSP JB gets updates too.

• Flashing using cwm 5.0.2.7 (by phiexz from XDA) did not work. Flashing using 6.0.3.2 (by itachisan and erikcas from moltenmotherboard) did work. However, there are no GApps. Downloading them from the CM wiki and flashing using the abovementioned CWM version did not work (installation aborted – status 0). Research suggests that it needs 6.0.4.5 or newer. Some sites claim to have this version for Gio – do not install it, it bricks your recovery! Apart from that KK feels extremely fast and responsive. Nice work!

• Tri says:

try to manual copied gapps via root explorer, there is not enough internal rom space if you flash the gapps.

• Wojciech says:

No root, not usable yet. Also, there are speculations you have stolen yajnab’s work. Well, at first glance it seems true, but I’d like to hear your version, please.

• pop says:

Thanks !!!

• pop says:

Gapps from Gio Download section, installs without error, but phone gets in a loop after unlocking SIM; Gapps for CyanogenMod 11 installation fails with msg Error in (Status 0).

• pop says:

Can we have a working gapps version for this rom ? Thanks.

• Snyper says:

hi.
    The google play don´t appears, and I can´t add a acount google.
    Thanks

• ccaustic says:

Hi! Would you say CM11 is faster than CM10? Because CM10 on my Gio is a little bit slow (it takes a few seconds to recover from “sleep” and apps take a lot of time to load). I’d gladly have CM9 installed but unfortunately my GPS doesn’t “lock” on that rom. If CM11 is at least equivalent to CM9 in terms of speed then I’m sold.

• BertVI says:

I had the same problem on my Gio and fixed it by changing the cpu governor to SmartassV2. I tried multiple but found this one to work best. In theory it should consume more battery but I still get about two days out of a single charge, with data connection always on.

First you need to activate the developer features.

Then you go to Setup > Performance > Processor >Governor > SmartassV2.
      I also overclocked to 825 Mhz and set minimal to 125 Mhz.
      Choose to set on startup.

This works great for me, I hope it will help you too.

KitKat might be a bit faster as they say it needs about 15% less resources in comparison with Jelly Bean.

• Not Working my Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830B.
    Please Help-me…
    :'(

• Dack Murillo says:

THANKS Maclaw and Marcin! Plese repair all bugs of this rom!! convert this release in Stable whitout any issues. 🙂

• For those who are having trouble booting from the Samsung Logo, try installing Mardon’s MA6 KitKat Kernel… Mine works perfectly fine after flashing that kernel…

• Araayk says:

Maclaw thx before to still projecting in GIO ROM, i still use this HH 😀 and i found a little problem (maybe someone can help) this rom doesn’t support link2SD ? i tried to make mount script and then successful (ext4) but after it linked to ext4 all of my app always force close :(,
    maybe the other have the same problem with me
    or just me have the problem like this 🙁
    or this ROM (CM11) still in project 😀
    one more, i need gapps 🙁
    thanks, sorry for my bad english language hehe

• François says:

I can not install google play. How? Otherwise very good custom rom.

• Galaxy Ace User says:

I installed the ROM with Mardon’s MA6 Kernel and it works fine. But apps on extSD do not work. When i open one, it says that the app is closed imediatly. Theres no enough internal memory so i have to use the extSD partition. Any ideas?

• daktyr says:

Dzięki Maclaw!!! Nie spodziewalem sie, ze jeszcze cos wyjdzie na Ace. Czekam na kolejne wydania:)

• sintronics says:

waiting for second release for CM11.0 with camera working 🙂
    cheers, tank you for your efforts maclaw

• ThatGuy says:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!, PLEASE CONTINUE DEVELOPMENT FOR GIO AND ACE! 🙂 Cant wait for working camera 😀

• ThatGuy says:

Using These Slim KK Gapps https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-W0zjAtOcMtX1ZobnBTN2RkblE 😉 working fine. (Original Thread on XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2579123) . 😀 Hope this helps 😀

• ThatGuy says:

This ROM is definately my new daily driver!! 😀 Thank you so much Team!! 😀 🙂 please can you continue developement of KitKat for Gio/Ace Please 😀 🙂

• ThatGuy says:

Where do we send logcats?

• mickverm says:

I was really glad to see a new release of gio/ace
    But it kinda saddens me that almost 2 weeks have passed since the first release, I hope they re preparing for a big release to surprise us anf i hope they don’t have abandonned it again gor a while.

Can’t complain really, it’s working atleast 😛

• Madhan says:

Waiting for the latest update with bugs fixed, thanks

• david says:

why google play store isnt included ? and will we have a new release ?

• Waker says:

Thank you so so much! Been waiting for this! Thank you!

• ThatGuy says:

Also, Bluetooth wont work for me 🙁 Where transparent status bar 😉

• Hey Maclaw Team, here’s a reminder that there’s annoying people like me spamming just to get KitKat on their shitty phones while we waste our lifes. Thank you, and keep the good job.

• Roberto says:

Hi Maclaw thanks for the hard work there are some issue with google play and the google account (it disconnect and disappear) if you release a new version i’ll try it immediatly.
    Thanks

• Waker says:

Installed CWM 6.0 installed MA6 kernel, no more white screen.

• Nedas says:

it’s awesom everything works except bluetooth isn’t working for me 🙁

• mania107 says:

when you make good version of kitkat for gio?

• Pablo says:

soon please

• Thank you so much for the great work … I have only one advice concerning: I just installed the Cyanogen mod. 11.O (kitkat) on my Galaxy S3 Mini, everything is fine but when I attempt to use Dialer (touch the microphone icon next to the contacts search) crash, return to the Home Screen resitiusce and I always get a message saying that the ‘Dialer application has stopped unexpectedly. The Cyanogen Mod I installed with Odin 3:07 S3 Mini with original firmware (I8190XXAMJ2_ITVAMJ1_Italy_Android_4.1.2). Can you help me? thanks

• Reza says:

Please do not forget Ace! we are your loyal fan 🙂

• yyy says:

Dział bluetooth? Kiedy będzie działał aparat?

• łututu says:

Jak kolega wyżej, działa? i kiedy aparat będzie działał?

• Fahri says:

dude link is broken

• Edouard says:

Hello, thanks for your work.
    When a bug free version for the ace ?

• dead&broken says:

damn, can’t logon to google account, http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/GApps/4.4.2/2-27_GApps_Minimal_4.4.2_signed.zip <those gapps installed and nothing

• Waqas Wasil says:

I Have Gave Up The Hope For Stable CM11 Or AOSP KK 🙁

• mickverm says:

For those who are still waiting for CM11 for gio/ace from maclaw, just go here http://jenkins.androidarmv6.org/job/cm-ota/
    no offence maclaw but I don’t expect much anymore

• Waqas Wasil says:

Already Using the stable release (2 April 2014) with MA6 Kernel for CM11 by Mardon and the result is a very smooth and fast KitKat Experience

• JD says:

Hi, thanks for the tip! When I follow your link I don’t see ‘Gio’ anywhere. Are you sure the ROM’s there are intended for Gio? If so, is there maybe an install instruction somewhere, that says for instance what ROM manager to use and wich steps to follow?

• norberto says:

hola mac por favor actualice kitkat para ace, gracias

• tmisz says:

Świetna robota. Czy; a jeżeli tak to kiedy można spodziewać się poprawionej wersji do galaxy ace. Pozdrawiam i jeszcze raz gratuluje.

• polimer14 says:

jakieś nowiny odnośnie nowego CM 11 lub CM 10.1 na gio?

• tome says:

czy jest jakaś szansa nonowe CM do galaxy ace???

• Mania says:

when we see a stable version of kitkat for this device?

• he says:

Will there be update for Gio where camera is working?

• Still waiting for Ace… more than 4 months… Maclaw no longer cares about Ace/Gio, even tho these phones are more used than the Ace II and S Advance according to his own surveys…

• Roberto says:

No news for Ace update?

• Joe_Ace says:

The Ace category is gone… Now it’s dead guys, there will not be a stable release, so i changed to “Ace of Spades v3” Rom, which ist 2.3.7 but looks same as 4.2.2 and runs more smoothly as this Cyanogenmod… R.I.P Ace development by Maclaw

• ccverak says:

GIO S5660M here, I have CWM 6.0.4.7 and I installed CM 11 with gapps posted here, it didn’t work, I’m getting
    FC on Google Play Services, Android Keyboard (AOSP) and Location services all the time, should i need to upgrade kernel or downgrade CWM, have anybody the right combination?

• Ramin says:

bluetooth for me not work
    When come the next update ?

• Lelouch says:

hey is there any update soon for the gio with working gapps ?

• Andreas Kruppa says:

As Maclaw obviously stopped working on GIO ROM I started browsing the internet for other options and stumbled upon this: http://download.androidarmv6.org/_builds/gio/
    It is Kitkat 4.4.4. Just installed it and it runs smooth, even the camera works.

• Sam says:

Hi Andreas, could you let me know which kitkat version you downloaded from that link, I tried two, the cm-11-20141115-NIGHTLY-gio.zip and cm-11.0.0-RC12-GT-S5660-gio.zip but get error in philz touch, other cm11 rom works, but then camera not working

• D. Maseko says:

I have installed the os but my gio is stack. With a cyanogenMod logo,can’t go further. Please I need help.

• Just… just look at how long it’s been… A YEAR. A WHOLE YEAR.

Luckily, I won’t have to worry about this kind of problem in a loooooong time…

• ccverak says:

Any idea of porting CM 12?

• yoga says:

how to dwonload this??
    i can’t found this ling in dwonloads

• ikikinoko says:

It’s been a long time for this ROM, and I really need this since I’m using my cooper back again. I also experienced the same problems as you guys did, and here is my suggestion:
    1. Flash back my cooper to 2.3.6 using XSE (I’m Indonesian) firmware.
    2. Flash CWM-6.0.5.3_1-cooper.zip (by Mardon) from stock recovery.
    3. Reboot to CWM recovery, do full wipe, and flash cm11.0_cooper.maclaw.20140116.zip.
    4. After cm11.0 .zip is completed, flash Mardon’s MA6 kernel (I’m using MA6.kernel.cooper-20140124.zip).
    5. Reboot system and see what will happen (wish it’s working).

I also flashed Mardon’s latest build (MA6.kernel-cm11.cooper-20141019.zip and MA6.kernel-3.x.cooper-20141226.zip) but didn’t work at all. Just looked at Tri’s comment, so that I tried to flash the older version as same as the date he posted (20140124) and successfully worked.
    If you want to upgrade MA6 kernel, just flash .zip after 20140124 build and see if it’s working or not.

I hope it’s helpful, and thanks to Maclaw (and his comrades) for his last effort for this cooper. I will not forget this.