January 29th, 2014

New release (20140129) of CM11.0 for S Advance is available!

Flashable with any recovery!

If you’re updating from other CM10.1/10.2/11.0 version, you don’t have to perform a wipe!

• changes as from latest S3 Mini releases

• auto EFS backup
  • built using Linaro toolchain

• sometimes wifi failes to start

• TeamCanjica

Before you ask for help, check our FAQ. Maybe answer is already there?

• Ariel says:

What kernel version does it have?
    Wifi problems yet? mmm

• Pack says:

Thank you Maclaw! Downloading now =D

• Knuckles says:

So… whats the diffrence?

• Darcik says:

Seems CM sources updates as is in Maclaw post 😛
      And still wifi issues, but we will see. 😉
      Anyway tnx Macław team. 🙂

• LuciIT says:

I can move my photos to sd card

• isaacluz says:

CM sources update
      changes as from as from latest S3 Mini releases

From S3 Mini Post:

CM sources update
      stable release
      phone (Dialer app) is working very fast now
      small tweaks for stability
      added command line bluetooth tools for debbugging
      huge UI smoothness improvements
      video playing improvements
      huge device cleanup
      resolved all issues with 2g/3g toggling
      preparing for OTA (WIP)
      Odin package also updated

• TPD Aluh - Aluh says:

What is different from release to release version 1.29.2014 to version 1.13.2014, Maclaw?

Please give me an explanation:
    1. Is the function of camera storage to sd card is working properly?

Before that, I say thank you (without pressing the button) B)

Success to hard work. 🙂

Native Coastal Village.

• Jitty says:

haizzz…… why arent our phone updated ocassionally? the last update was 16 days ago… 🙁

• Blue04 says:

Is there any possibility to incrase camera quality? :p
    in other roms the size of pictures goes up to 2-3mb, but here only 800kb?
    So whats up and can you fix it, please 🙂
    At Least Thanks for your very nice update 😀
    Keep on Work! 😛

• soit77a says:

in camera settings change quality from super fine to 100%

• TPD Aluh - Aluh says:

Yeah, I also have the same case related camera shots are not in accordance with the default settings. It should result in Megabytes, not in Kilobytes. Please Maclaw The fix for this.

Other features that are currently perceived to work well. Thanks. 🙂

• TPD Aluh - Aluh says:

Yes, U’r right. But if we should make arrangements for image results 5Mb of course the camera can produce accordance with the arrangement in principle. It is true, that if we point settings to 100% will result in an image that is sized MB, but still below 5Mb settings.

Hopefully in the future The Maclaw Team can fix this problem.
        Previously, Thanks for the enlightenment. 🙂

And also to The team Maclaw. 😀
        Success…

• Ce says:

Set photo’s quality to 100%

• Piero Ulloa says:

A build for S advance!

• Darcik says:

Hmm, install update and gaps, system started – all ok.
    Restarted and stuck at Samsung logo.
    Installed again – nothing helped.
    Restored backup.
    Tomorrow I will try again, maybe. 😉

• OMG! Thank you so much 😀

• pepe says:

Nice!!!!

• Coffeecore says:

Thanks, best rom there is for our device! (included carbon).

• karavanss says:

thanks a lot. about la test kernel?

• WujekSamoZło says:

Very, very good work!

Thx Macław.

• lolo696 says:

whether our phone is 11 cm apart ROMs??

• I hope that you fix a bug camera quality and the start of Wi-Fi

• vlk67 says:

if I make nandroid backup of my cm10.1, then I will install maclaw cm11, Can I restore my cm10.1 if I was unhappy from cm11?

• Ce says:

Now I can save the photo on Sd with stock camera, and the browers has hide option. Great !!

• YouTube videos are not working…do you need a logcat?

• 8balls says:

Thanks Maclaw for this ROM. You’re the KING.
    TeamCanjica is nothing.

• Jacek says:

Does BLN work in this build? In previous build it doesn’t work despite it’s in rom features.

• gixxergabi says:

Very big Thanks!!!
    Great job!!!

• Happymaker says:

Which governor and I/O-Scheduler are you yousing guys?
    Prefer ART or not,because in build before it is runnig slower than Dalvik.
    maybe you can tell the best combination and reached benchmark :p

• Ce says:

Can you add notification on lockscreen as carbon ?

• blaster says:

please wifi bug fix, and low volume on calls and speaker

• For now, i still have wifi bug, 2G/3G toggle going crazy, pixelated youtube and Netflix not working.

• TPD Aluh - Aluh says:

Maclaw, maybe I want a little review related to this ROM creation of your team (if allowed) :

1. Stability ROM is stable, both in terms of UI responsiveness, issue (Vol + / – telephone caller is normal). Please be maintained. But, it is the sound is a bit small, mainly in the general volume settings in the settings of the ROM version. (May be fixed in the future) 🙂

2. The quality of the images from the default camera features are still not consistently match the settings specified by the user. (but storage features enable the camera to the sd card already as expected).

3. Phone Dialer feature has also good, mainly responitas of its proximity sensor.

4. Issues that sometimes the wifi button is active or not (in my experience, is not a problem in this ROM version) CMIIW. 🙂

5. Battery Issues to this day (in my experience), it is still too wasteful, this may be caused by the application of the ROM’s innate system, such as Google+, Choome Browser, or similar whose size (in my opinion) highly heavy to operate in SGSA. 🙁 CMIIW 🙂

6. Perhaps, there is more to add?

7. Lastly, not forget to remark Thank you very much for the work you guys.

Keep on to work for us, until the approach the final release!
    Success. 😉

• Angel says:

Problems with playing videos

• Mis says:

Macław wiekli plus dla ciebie ze nie zapominałeś o S advance gdybym wiedział gdzie mieszkasz przyszedł bym z flaszeczką do ciebie

• Lewenter says:

This is a PROFESSIONAL work! Mthx Maclaw!

• Nupur says:

After flashing this rom my phone goes to airplane mode on its own !
    (This error appears: To place a call, first turn off Airplane mode.)
    I am unable to connect to my Network Provider (Displays “No Service). When I look at my options it displays “Flight Mode On” under the power button options. I turn this off but it still shows Flight Mode on.
    and sometime while unlocking the device it takes time to appear lockscreen.
    plz help and tell me how to fix this issue.

• pratik says:

Wifi not connecting also tried tethering hotspot. no Luck.

• Happymaker says:

maclaw…could you please fix something for our rom?
    For example the video quality in watching YouTube or overall in the internet..
    It’s important for me and us 😉
    perhaps you are able to fix camera quality too.it looks pixeled…

regarding the camera quality…yes,it is change fro super fine to 100%,but quality is
    still very bad as stock or harsh jelly etc…

• Chinta says:

Thanks for updating, but I have trouble with sound when I open path/playing poy. I heard “bzzzz” from speaker 🙁 but great job for you 🙂

• Pranav Pandey says:

i can not install the g apps package from external storage provided by maclaw studios.it says insufficient space.i have a 32 gb memory card.any solution to this problem???

• Arun S says:

The best ever ROM from Maclaw. Wifi is working 100%, there is no problem. everything is working…Flawless Custom ROM from Maclaw..ur the best..

• Coffeecore says:

One day you will also face the wifi problem, for me it worked flawless for a week, after than I had 1 wifi issue (no big deal ofcourse).

• TPD Aluh - Aluh says:

Why not just optimistic thinking, dude? Let us pray together, hopefully Maclaw can solve these problems.

Although no one knows when the next release!

• Arun S says:

Wifi Toggle issue came back like a ghost after 3 days of flawless usage. I also had the problem of ‘insufficient storage space in system partition’ while installing gapps. but when i logged in most of the apps were already installed. so don’t know which one is missing but i yes there was a insufficient storage warning and gapps install was aborted.

Else everyhing is working good as said earlier.

• pratik says:

speaker volume during call is also low. …I have installed Gapps successfully

• Nupur Bhusa says:

I’ve flashed this rom but I am unable to connect to my Network Provider (Displays “No Service). When I look at my options it displays “Flight Mode On” under the power button options. I turn this off but it still shows Flight Mode selected under my Network Settings?
    and I am also having battery issues it drains very fast.
    I’ve also tried and flashed cm-10.2-20140104-UNOFFICIAL-janice rom still same problem
    Plz help and tell me how to fix this.

• gawlo says:

Czekam na poprawę wi-fi . Denerwujące jest też to ze po odebraniu tel. i przyłożeniu do ucha jeszcze wibruje . Ma opóźniony zapłon . Ogólnie dobra robota .

• Juan Zamora says:

Battery drain very fast. Everyhing else is working 100%

• Eric says:

Does MaclawStudio’s TWRP Recovery v2.6.3.0 for S3 mini also works on S advance??

• kavenk says:

My samsung galaxy s advance i9070 bootloop after flashing this rom and Gapps.. everything still okay until I install gapp and failed.. after that I factory reset and wipe dalvik and then reboot.. samsung logo appear and appear again.. I try to recover mode but the phone always ended on bootloop.. can help me? Please?

• Blue04 says:

make all wipes and reflash maclaws Rom first without gapps.
      reboot and well done 😉
      If anything goes wrong just Flash stock Rom via Odin 😀

• ahmed says:

works perfectly .. thank you maclaw.
    but call volume is too low when i turn on the loud speaker.to make the loud speaker work i have reduce the volume and again increase it.
    but thank u for the great effort

• Oneil says:

Help anyone?

I’m trying to upgrade to this latest version. And I don’t want to repeat the hassle work of reinstalling apps logging in and the all the things you do when you have you phone for the first time. I have read that you don’t need to do wipe when installing. I would just like to clarify it with no wipe being said, it means that I just have to download the ROM and gapps. Flash it to my phone? Will everything still be there (tweaks, apps, cpu settings, kernel, etc.) And no conflicts and slow downs?

Thanks !

• Nishad1982 says:

It’s amazing. But WiFi fails to start. Without wifi I am just blank.
    Please fix the wifi issue.

• sanalmadathen says:

Really it’s a great work.But the google play app is not there. What may be the reason ? Also my external storage (micro sd) is not visible to the file manager. How to mount it. Expecting your support.

• Realhewlett says:

Helo, First tanks for your work guys, I really love it. I have this rom and I noticed that the phone doesn´t go into deep sleep mode. I had install better battery stats and shows that the problem are 3 kernel wakelocks, someone else have the same problem?

• Darcik says:

Do you use Sweepe2wake from GalaxySAdvance settings apk?
      If yes phone never go to sleep state.
      And sometimes when charger is disconnected “phone thinks” that still is charging and dont go to sleep state.

• pritz says:

grt work but the notification sounds (msg notification) doesnt get lowered, battery drainin problem, the haptic feedback is way too strong and cant be lowered, when haptic feedback is disabled there is no options for touch key sounds on the back and menu button

• bharat says:

hello sir,
    i want samsung’s Touchwiz launcher in cm11 in s advnace. how to install this launcher please help me…

• vamshi says:

google maps always freezes

but this rom is very good compared to other cheers 🙂

• Raman says:

If the chief functionality of the phone ie incoming calls is having very low volume then its very hard to use.

But great work.. it saved my phone to be thrown to junk.

Thanks again.

• My phone is stuck in boot loop… I even tried CM 10.2, but phone stucks at boot loop after install. FactoryReset/Cleaning Cache doesnot help. Even my backup is messed and I cannot go back. So my phone needs serious help 🙁
    About CWM recovery latest version.. I notice it got updated to 6.0.4.4 after installing CM 10.2… but that also did not help. When I again installed CM 11 now it shows 6.0.4.7…

Not sure if trying to install all these (CMs and backups) back and forth will screw my phone further.. or is it already a brick 🙁

Installing Official JellyBean through Odin also doesnot finishes setup.. and is not working for me

How can I again use my phone again, with CM11 or stock version.. ?

Please help.

• Apoorv says:

Hi
    Thanx for providing an update for my Galaxy S advance. But I am facing a problem after upgrading my phone. My phone is not charging properly. It sometimes shows charging icon while the charger isn’t connected while no charging takes place. Even while being connected it doesn’t charge. I am only able to charge it after shutting down my phone.

Please Help

• asif says:

Hello,

First of all thanks for your hard work that we are able run such a good Rom on are device with kit kat version.

just wanted to know one issue which i am getting, i am not able to setup my corporate mail account on the device.

can you please let me know where am i going wrong its a web mail.

• M says:

Hello all,
    very nice ROM, I love it, but I have problem during setup of my corporate mail, it need the device encryption, after the encryption device does not see the SIM card and obviously phone does not work.

• lakshya agrawal says:

hey devs,
    awsom work and the rom is cool…….
    i found a small bug and i am sure of that coz it was working in my old stock rom…..
    the bug is that sometimes touch fails to work and i have to reboot my phone…..
    please tell me a way to overcome this problem(if it is something related to the settings) and also could you tell me the settings for bossting my phone performance(i am new to roms)……………
    thnx a lot and awsom work keep it up