January 30th, 2014

New release (20140130) of CM11.0 for S3 Mini is available!

• stable release
  • switching from STE blobs to sources [part #4]
  • RIL: signal stability & national roaming improvements
  • Odin package also updated

• auto EFS backup
  • built using Linaro toolchain

• Benzonat0r
  • tom3q
  • lupohirp

Before you ask for help, check our FAQ. Maybe answer is already there?

• Johnie says:

Very cool save Picture to SD-Card on camera works now . 🙂

• teardrop says:

Hey there, thanks for all your work guys. Really awesome. I probably have stupid question. If I update from a previous version, do i have to backup all my stuff and reinstall the gApps?

• Tiago says:

Now that you are making changes on ril, i noticed that when someone calls, the caller ID shows (if contact have picture) a “half-picture” on screen, until i answer the call. After i answer, the picture is set correctly. Anyone have this issue?

• pecao says:

Could you please release an CM 10.2 update with this new RIL? Last release’s signal is very poor.

Thank you!

• ibrahim farajat says:

you are incredible Maclaw ,,
    respect for you and your team 😉

• Felipe Raposo says:

What does “switching from STE blobs to sources [part #4]” mean, afterall?
    I’ve asked this question before, and someone said that he thinks it’s the processor driver being ported from a blob solution to a source released by someone. Is that it? How many “parts” is there?

• Felipe Raposo says:

Oh, and also. How is the OTA project? Is it working already?

BTW: thank you for this great ROM.

• joel rodriguez says:

In my smart don’t work media scanner, and in some programs not appears new downloaded files, i see the problem in the programs how keep safe and hide it pro

• The Joker says:

After updating from yesterdays release, Google Play Services don´t work no more. What could be the reason?

• and my PC wont recognize my phone after i flash Cm11 on S3 mini
    i dont know what cause this

• Heinrich says:

Maybe it’s because in latest CM 11 builds USB debugging is inabled by default. It may help to disable it first (in settings / developer options) and then try to connect again.

• Ludovic says:

OTA doesn’t work for me.

• patnic says:

Can you please answer these questions:

Are you using the leaked STE sources to make these releases better?

When will we have OTA? It would be much easier and faster to update directly from the phone!!

• Binu Abraham says:

”switching from STE blobs to sources [part #4”.. Will u tell us how many parts left ..

• Thomas says:

Found some photos on my SD card.
    Great Maclaw!!!!

• Armando says:

A friend told me that he experienced poor battery life when selecting ART instead of Dalvik. Has anyone felt the same way?

• b says:

art is experimental even by google. how can you expect that it works 100%?

• Armando says:

I’m not saying I think it will work perfectly, I know it is experimental feature… I just wanted to know what’s the people’s experience using both Dalvik and ART.
        Sometimes it is difficult to know if battery life is better or not, because it depends on many factors, but according to my friend, he definitely noticed a big change, like spending 50% battery charge in just 1 hour listening to music with headphones (I’m not sure about this, I haven’t test that myself)

• Ste says:

I use ART daily and i don’t have any problem, the phone is fast and smooth. This is my current battery life: 14h 20m and still 51% battery left (i’m using abyssplug governor)..
          I mean, you must try ART 😉

• Fred6681 says:

I’m on ART for a while and I noticed that the batery goes down fast but since yesterday it’s much better now for me

• Argie says:

since a Little less than a week, my device started to suddenly shut itself down,,,, sometimes when a call comes in, the screen goes black and the device turns irresponsive, only way to get it back is doing a forced shutdown (8 sec push)….

im the only one with the sudden shut downs issue?????

• ninjonas says:

can pls some one tell me when they are going to release a new update to carbon rom? i just want to know

• Radek says:

Hi Maclaw,
    thank you for great ROM, but why you wrote no issues where there is some minor issues? For example i still have problem with powerbank / offline charging and two way call recording…

• Eric says:

Please :c YouTube Livestreams

• Jebnael says:

Can somebody please paste the download link? I cant enter to download page. It doesnt shows anything when I clic S3 mini, I mean, nothing happens.

Help me please with the link… Thanks a lot people!

• Hi Maclaw,
    Thank you for great ROM.

How I can move apps to SD?

• Hello, first, thanks for the great rom.
    Only problem I’m having, and many here are surely, is the sounds of applications. For example, “Pou” application when I leave the sound on, makes a shocking noise when open, as if it were a drill and freezing the clock at times, so very disruptive for those who use an alarm. Furthermore, no problem with the rom.

• Masterdark says:

Hey please, microphone doesn’t work on Tango

• FrankBR says:

and the new STE kernel, can be used?

• nicolay says:

Great ROM..
    thanks Maclaw and team..

everything works fine for me.. no shutdowns.. great battery life..
    no call problem… GPS ok.. all I need and use works fine..
    think i’m lucky.. cause I don’t have issues like the others

• Marcelo Leal says:

maclaw the guys here in Brazil greatly respects his work!! keep it up

• wencernet.com says:

Thank you. I’m using cm11.0 20140117 and I experienced that when the phone goes to sleep for long time, after unlocking the phone, the time in the status bar was not updated.

• John says:

Help us please!

I use the application “exDialer – Dialer & Contacts (is much better than sliding from the implementation that comes by default in Android KitKat)” as alternative dialer but the system ROM does not save changes when I leave as default application, it always asks me to select a dialer or to view missed calls.

• ircmer says:

Quizás quisiste decir: ¿Esta última versión 30 lleva un launcher?, algunas personas me han dicho que si, pero yo lo he reinstalado 3 veces y nada no me sale …
    Does this latest version 30 carries a launcher?, Some people have told me so, but I have reinstalled 3 times and I do not get anything …

• Launcher? A que te refieres…? CyanogenMod 11 usa el Launcer de Google para Kit-Kat, el Google Experience Launcer (GEL) y es verdad que es diferente a los anteriores, pero es muy bueno. De cualquier manera puedes instalar el que quieras, aunque la mayoría se han actualizado a tener una interfaz parecida a la de GEL tienen muchas opciones de configuración y temas.

• ircmer says:

Apparently in this latest version (30) I have been told that appeared a new launcher (Launcher3) into the boot configuration, but yesterday I put that version did the corresponding wipes cache / dalvick and does not appear to me, so ask if you had included the launcher, thanks.

• bp says:

I think this CM11 ROM still can’t be labeled as “stable” based on my experience for the last month trying updates almos daily. Main problems I’ve seen: battery draining / signal loss / time not updating correctly / sound problems (Pou, for example). Is there maybe something I haven’t taken into account?

I’ll try CM10.2 and see…

• Bellini Cahuana says:

Pleeeeaseeeee fix youtube quality, is the only issue that I’m facing further of the scratching sound everything else is perfect

• Argie says:

OK….. this release is everithing but STABLE.. sudden shutdowns continues, and deep sleep deep freezes the clock. today i woke up late, grabbed my s3 mini furious, and when i unlocked it, the time was 4:00 am (real time was about 8:30am). and one second above the time updated itself and the alarm icon started to blink crazy, and the “missing alarm” notification started to show and hide very fast, blinking and getting out of control.

if someone of you knowns a way to download again a release like 20140120 or earlier i will really appreciate that.

besides of that, camera now haves the option of save to sd card!! great!

• Bernd says:

Thanks for this ROM and Thanks for your Hard Work.

• Jebnael says:

It doesnt work well for me.
    1. Mail accounts (gmail and hotmail) keeps long time saying that “couldnt get sinc) until they do.
    2. Exchange account says that service has failed and it got closed (I dont know why). I got fixed by itself.
    3. It NEVER gets into Deep Sleep mode. Drains almost 12% battery / hour.

I made a clean install. Odin mode (yesterday).

• Mike says:

are this rom support 1080p video playback…?
    thanks… 🙂

• Myrlin says:

Many thanks, Maclaw & team, for a great ROM. As an Android newbie, replacing the stock ROM and subsequent tweaks have all been remarkably painless.

I have a question. What is the status of:
    (a) NFC
    (b) WiFi Direct

Thanks to everyone for all their hardwork

• petter says:

I dont wanna sound like an asshole but maclaw you talk about radio and ota and even release a nfs rom once, when this features are going to be avaible is like if you promise an utopy by the way

my phone shut down him self when i was sleeping I notice in the morning when the alarm doesnt wake me, the phone is restarting him self pluging in the computer

I now all take time in life but I like more the surprises so just talk about stuff you can make in a short time please, your rome is amazing but need a battery optimizacion im using an special battery with 1700 mha and the system just drain all the battery.

have a nice day maclaw, thanks for work everyday to make the rom pretty close to perfection

• manuel says:

URGENT need help with upgrade 30 google play yesterday NOT serve me Services says: PROBLEM OCCURRED WITH RED this happens with youtube, google play, google + etc. please help