June 22nd, 2014
Carbon 4.4.4

IT’S MILESTONE RELEASE! We recommend to install it!

New release (20140622) of Carbon 4.4.4 for S3 Mini is available!

• Carbon sources update
  • it’s 4.4.4 guys!
  • brand new system installer
  • f2fs: support for /system partition – just flash release, and /system partition will migrate itself!
  • ability to move apps to external memory

• Carbon functionallity
  • full f2fs support – the best filesystem for Android (tutorial here!)
  • auto EFS backup

• Lexion says:

Thank you, downloading now ù.ù

• Eaon says:

calendar storage FC

• Lexion says:

Do not believe it xD
    was not fix the camera xD
    Google translate 😉

• David says:

finally…. HOVER!!!!! Thanks so much!!!!!

• george says:

1) does it have russian language? 2) what avout camera bug?

• Yoniverh says:

new system installer shows what it’s doing if you flash the ROM. Thanks Novafusion

• djohny ram says:

sucessfully instaled, but /system is not f2fs… still ext4

• hasseos says:

Twitch/youtube streams still do not work

• ItsPeet:Carbon says:

Thanks Nova!!!
    Fully f2fs, had to switch to ART after boot but no problem.
    Camera works too.
    No noticable performance increase with f2fs… but no issues so far! 🙂

• Johnie says:

System still runing with 1 GHz, no way to solove the bug.

• TeraGiga says:

By changing the governor and i/o scheduler in the settings/performance maybe can help you. I use pegasusq and sio (great standby time, if use frequently approximately between 5-6 hours). After changing it, try to reboot. Hope this works for you. Just try until the core status clocked between 200-1000Mhz. 🙂

• aHMET says:

where is the link? I can`t find it please help me!

• Alfredo says:

Le tengo que flashear las GApps 4.4.4?
    Descargando, falta probar. Gracias!

Do I have to flash GApps 4.4.4 too?
    Downloading, not tested yet. Thanks!

• Fex says:

Si vas a hacer un flash sucio sobre la release anterior, no hace falta Gapps 4.4.4. Yo hice así y no tuve ningun problema.
      Si haces una instalacion limpia no se.

For dirty update it’s not needed to flash new gapps. Not sure if you are doing a clean install.

• Alfredo says:

Gracias man, tenía la duda de algún posible conflicto con las apps y demás pero tengo la ROM corriendo bien. No me falla la cámara como otros dicen, ni 1GHZ bug. Todo perfecto, ¿Tú que tal?

• Fex says:

A mi la camara stock no me anda, pero de todas maneras uso la Google Camera, asi que no me afecta.
          Con respecto al bug de 1Ghz, vi que todo el mundo se queja, pero no se donde fijarme si me está afectando o no. Tengo aproximadamente 1 día de bateria que es lo mismo que tuve siempre.

En qué pais estás? Probaste de cambiar el baseband?

• Alberto says:

For me the Carbon ROM is the perfect fit for the S3 Mini. Great Job!, however, in this release I noticed an increased battery drain, camera does not work (I installed the google camera which goes ok) and I also noticed CPU working all the time at 1 Ghz. In either case, thank you very much for the great job you are doing.

• cool333 says:

And S Advance! Please guys!

• ItsPeet:Carbon says:

Entity scores 8400, IO storage speed and multitask are much lower 🙁

• Jypog says:

Mobile data turns on automatically!

• vittorio120 says:

this rom support nfc?

• El Oso says:

Thanks guys!!!

Memory speed(Sandisk) test now scores 9.5max(before f2fs it was 8.5max)

Camera is not working(camera tile works)

In Profiles, if i set to unsecure unlock it does usual unlock(using pattern)

If i move facebook to external memory every restart it asks for password again

• Michael says:

Where is the link? I cant find it please help me

• Alberto says:

I installed The Carbon ROM. Yesterday I wrote about some problems regarding the camera not working, fast battery drain and CPU all the time at 1000 MHZ, today, one day after installation, the camera is now working, the battery lasts one day and a half but CPU is almost all the time at 1000 MHz. I do not understand how did the phone fixed by itself, but is doing better. Anyway, for me Carbon ROM is the best ROM for this phone. Congratulations!

• TeraGiga says:

• Elmario says:

Too bad. I got plenty random reboots and very often a black screen for about 30seconds using this release.

• Jsalmasi says:

no carga con el celular apagado

• Jsalmasi says:

se me descargó totalmente el telefono y cuando lo enchufé no quería arrancar, quedaba pausado en un pequeño circulo que ni giraba, luego de un rato lo desconecte le saqué la batería y prendió con poca carga del resto perfecta la rom ningún otro bug

• 1. My home hardware button does not bring me home nor show the recent, even the home in the navigation bar nor the one on slimpie. (I can use the hardware home button to open my device)
    2. No vibration
    3. The tile setting does not work
    4. Does the device tunables in carbon fiber is empty (is it suppose to be?)
    5. Device seldomly locks
    6. How can I replace the camera with a working one?
    7. Switching from notification to quick settings needs improvement

Thanks for your hard work and hope these helps

• nostro says:

There is no sound in alarm clocks.

• liongame says:

Can someone tell me how much the battery lasts with moderate to heavy use?

• gooler says:

The MD5sum doesn’t match the one published on the download page:

$ md5sum carbon4.4_golden.nova.20140622.zip
    ac94df086a024423b33045a42a564636 carbon4.4_golden.nova.20140622.zip

While the download page states:
    Download: carbon4.4_golden.nova.20140622.zip
    MD5: 3ac8cc8dee27c3bc4861211da5cf63ec

• Mohannad says:

Does any body facing a problem with the call sound level in both loud speaker and handset speaker?

• Fex says:

If you are having issues with network connectivity (cell, not wifi) I STRONGLY recommend updating your baseband. See this post:

I replaced my stock AMG3 (you can see your baseband version in Settings -> About phone) with the latest ANF3 and the difference is HUGE. I get a lot more signal and stability.

See that you download the appropiate version for your phone 8190, 8190L or 8190N.
    Always remember to: 1) flash baseband zip 2) reboot 3) reboot again
    No need to flash kernel, just baseband.

• Anton says:

Wi-Fi Direct doesn’t work!

• Can anyone help me with the IMEI corruption of my phone, please???????
    I need help!!

• … and I don’t have IMEI’s backup.

• Alex says:

Try to do a Factory Reset, after reflash Carbon. That solved my Problem with an older Version. I was totally scared of that, tried to restore EFS but nothing was working. Just a simple Factory Reset. Hope that can help you out.

• CrashOverride93 says:

I tried this many times before and didn’t work.
          The IMEI folder of my phone is completly corrupted. I said it before…
          Can anyone share me the IMEI folde, editing before the informatiin of the files to generic info for that I write this filed with my phone’s information.

• thedy says:

I have problem with my wifi connection, my mifi midem is near to my S3 mini, but the signal is still low

• Herbert says:

Hi,
    after installation it changes my pin, so i can’t get in. Does anyone know what’s the default pin?

Thanks in advance.