July 7th, 2014
Carbon 4.4.4

New release (20140707) of Carbon 4.4.4 for S3 Mini is available!

If you want to say thanks by donating us using PayPal, feel free ;-)

• Carbon sources update
  • fixed deep sleep issues
  • faster boot
  • better battery managment when BLN is enabled
  • updated toolchains
  • Calculator app bugfixes
  • battery stats should be more accurate right now

• Carbon functionallity
  • full f2fs support – the best filesystem for Android (tutorial here!)
  • auto EFS backup

Also would be great, if you wouldn’t create the mirrors ;-)
If you want to say thanks by donating us using PayPal, feel free ;-)

• andrew says:

Omni ROM please

• ItsPeet:Carbon says:

Yay!!!!! I’m happyyyy

• Jsalmasi says:

Podrían ser tan amables de decirme si el celular carga apagado? el único problema que tengo

They could be so kind as to tell me if the cell load off? the only problem I have

• hasseos says:

Ooh no twitch improvement… Well i have to keep waiting

• Jsalmasi says:

Hice una instalacion limpia y aún el teléfono no carga apagado, desde hace varias versiones pasa lo mismo

I did a clean install and still not charge the phone off, for the last several versions is the same

• Piero Ulloa says:

Hey, I can migrate from CM to Carbon without making a Wipe?

• yes ,you can because i do it and it work

• SAM says:

Is the camera workin??

• s4m says:

Hello, Maclaw :) As first, i want to say thanks for your great work, now using your CM. I have two offers for you. First – maybe you can make the backlights on keys in CM lighting only when user touching that keys, not all the touchscreen (liike in a stock)? And second offer – maybe you can port Ubuntu Touch on the S3 Mini? :) Thank you for your work!

• Anton says:

wi-Fi Direct doesn’t work! Fix please!

• muli352 says:

.. just one question, anything new about Android L on S3 Mini :)

• billy@boy says:

check omni rom is only 65 mb

• kajetan says:

Switching network operator doesn’t work. Can I fix that or do I need to go back to an older version?

• D says:

Video recorder crashes when you stop the video (both google and stock camera) the video is still saved into the gallery but the app closes as soon as you stop recording.

• Lazsero says:

For me switching from Edge to 3G and back doesn’t work…phone loses network connection. No data, no phone calls. Sometimes switching flight mode on-off resolves it temporarily, but takes a while. Sometimes I have to reboot.
    I am using 2G only to make sure I have constant connection with my provider, but it’s way too slow… :(

It’s been like this for several months with various Carbon and Cm releases. Updating baseband didn’t help…

• Elmario says:

Try disabling mobile data before switching networks.

• Lazsero says:

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I’m not switching operators, but the phone is switching between 2G and 3G automatically depending on the network strength/coverage. This is all phone works, as it is a basic function. Therefore it doesn’t make any sense to disable mobile data.

• Yoniverh says:

holy sh*t!!!!!! boot is EXTREMELY fast :D

• Has anyone wondering what is with the “device tunables” menu from Carbon Fibers in Settings ? I searched for an answer but didin’t find anything useful

• piotr says:

Dlaczego gdy ustawię w opcjach limit procesów i art to po restarcie wraca do standardowy i dalvik?

• Michele says:

Big problem with sound, multimedia sound level cursor always 0 and aren’t be changed.

Missing option to place profile selection on power menu.

• dargan78 says:

hi everyone,
    my problem (BIG PROBLEM FOR ME) is that alarm does not ring at the set time ,but when i turn on the screen immediately alarm rings,although the time set for the alarm went.
    is there any solution?

• Elmario says:

There’s an app called ‘calendar event reminder’ Giving you full control about when and how you will be reminded about calendar events and alarms. For me it’s vital and i couldn’t use these shit android phones without it.

• FlamiN says:

I’ve tried again to switch to a custom rom, I mean Carbon, and still my bluetooth isn’t working with it. A few weeks ago I’ve put CM11, Carbon, Slim and Clockwork mods ( 4.4.2 I think ). One of them didn’t boot ( I don’t remember which ) and the others didn’t let me use bt. Is the problem at my device? And it’s bt won’t ever be compatible with a custom rom?

• FlamiN says:

Found another bug. I can’t get rid of the alarm. If I delay it for 10 mins, the alarm stays on the screen and it shows a message in the status bar ( about the delay ) like forever, without any chance of closing it. If I choose to stop the alarm ( the eye icon ) it’s still showing and “ringing” ( it does not ring, but my alarm volume was up ). The only way to get rid of it is to eliminate it from recents, but that delay message will be there ’till a reboot.

• Erick says:

I have many reboots !!!!!!!

• Has anyone had problems with microphone ? I can’t record a thing on my sgs3 mini (whatsapp, recorder), but when I’m in call it’s all fine.

• -Evu says:

Mobile network signal is crashing after this update, I barely can send messages or make calls. To get a message I need to restart my phone.
    I Already tried full wipe including System, Data and other partitions and then restoring an 24day release. None of my efforts have helped to fix it.

• Minor bugs and a major one, the constant and random reboot.