October 18th, 2014

New stable release (20141018) of CM11.0 for S3 Mini is available!

If you’re updating from older CM10.1/10.2/11.0 version, you don’t have to perform a wipe!

• BT/Wifi config update
  • RIL class improvements

• full f2fs support – the best filesystem for Android (tutorial here!)
  • SELinux

• WhiteWolfSix says:

gonna test it…

• mikaelec says:

I am very disappointed in battery life for the roms as of late. I used to be able to get around 2-3 days on full charge, but now I never can go a full day. :\

• Dominik says:

Me too… And as there’s a bug in offline charging, I never see the battery symbol itself but only the circle that gives me absolutely no information about the state of charging. The bad thing about it is, that this circle never disappears and the display doesn’t turn off. And as mikaelec said battery life is very poor, my battery will be almost empty every morning if I forget to remove and re-insert the battery every evening. As that is very very annoying I’d really like you to fix that as soon as possible, because I really like your awesome ROMs for S3 mini

• WhiteWolfSix says:

I have no battery issues these days so your bettery issue is more individual than general.

• WhiteWolfSix says:

Well, to be more specific. I have fully charged my phone yesterday at about 2 p.m. CET, then updated phone to latest release and tested it for a while. After whole night phone just switched to deep sleep using Battery Doctor the battery was about 75%. Now, after nearly 22 hours from last battery charge, battery shows 69%! That means there is no battery drain in the latest ROM release there.

• mikaelec says:

Well, what can I do to achieve such high battery life? : D

• Zwenn says:

check if your phone is on 2G. Sometimes even though it says 2G it is on 3G instead. You´ll notice if you turn on mobile data and it shows a 3G/H sign. In that case turn on 3G and then back to 2G. Now you´ll really be on 2G. You can save energy using your phone on 2G instead of 3G.

• WhiteWolfSix says:

Well, I can just say what I do for such a battery life.
            1. I use phone mostly for making calls, then for checking the emails and checking news and messages on social media
            2. I chat on FB and other social media mostly from my PC that is more comfortable and power saving my phone battery
            3. I use Battery Doctory (BD) for better battery management during charging the battery. I stricktly allowed in BD to autostart only those apps I really need to run, other apps are on the forbidden list.
            4. I use Clean Master (CM) for better apps management in which I use a feature that kills processes after the display is switched off. This can be used in BD too, but CM has better settings for that purpose.
            5. I use Greenify in combination with Xposed Installer for another level for apps management
            6. Finally, I switch WiFi, Data, BlueTooth and GPS on, when I need them only otherwise they are turned off.

• Rizzo says:

I stay on the 20141008 version. After that version i recordnize these battery and clock problems and also there is no sound setup in the profile manager. All this things worked perfekt in the 20141008.
    By the way i installed every version on the clean way.

Nova Team plesase fix these problems. Thank for this gread job.

• Erik says:

What is the difference between “ODIN and “RECOVERY” download ?

• WhiteWolfSix says:

Rizzo, I have just checked soud setup in the profile manager and I can’t confirm that there is no sound setup there. Problem would be probably on your side only. Also I have no battery issues as I sad few minutes before in previous post here.

• Rizzo says:

I made a clean install in ver 20141017 and 20141018. In both ver there is a sound setup in the profile manager. But i can t change the value. I can change the sliderbar but value wont be save. Its frozen to “2” in all profiles and sounds. In ver 20141008 it works perfect. Sorry

• WhiteWolfSix says:

Rizzo, oh I see it. Your previous post was a bit unclear to understand what is your problem. Now I can see it and I think it would be seen by developers too. If you report some bugs, be more specific to help to identify them.

• Eren says:

I have 1 ghz bug.how can ı fix it???

• Fernando says:

Hi people, I’ve got problems with online and offline changing, does anyone else have these bug? Please tell me if not to make a clean installation

• Michal says:

I have a stock rom for S3 mini (without root). Should I install TWRP, ODIN? What? could you please describe steps?

• maxquiroz says:

Hi! Before everything, thanks for the great job!!! It’s great to have an Android 4.4.4 rom for S3 Mini!

The only problems that I have are that two applications that linked to twitter can’t do it anymore (nike+ and charitymiles) both of them used to link to twitter automatically, but now both of them tell me “Twitter authentication failed”; also Whistlecam doesn’t recognize the mic input (whistle).

Hope you can fix tthem!!!

Congrats!!!

• Mark says:

Do any of the people having problems with the ROMdo a md5 check before installing? I have had several miss matches in the downloads lately, which will cause problems if installed on the phone.

• omri says:

Is there any agreements on a release with no clock freeze? or at least how to prevent it from happening?

• SDK SMD says:

waiting android 5 lollipop in custom rom tx

• WhiteWolfSix says:

You’ll be waiting for longer time, mate and there is no assurance it will be ported on S3 mini. We can just hope for that. 🙂 When porting of Lollipop on S3 mini will be done, it will be done and developers will surely let us know about it. I am also sure they know about release of Lollipop. 🙂

• are you sure they will be lollipop for s3 mini?

• txemafocus says:

INCREÍBLE DURACIÓN DE BATERIA UN DÍA Y 9 HORAS Y ME QUEDA UN 71% DE BATERIA

• capital steez says:

What about sph-m480 Samsung galaxy s3 mini will I be able to do it

• vmct92 says:

Thanks

• Barni says:

Hi guys,

First of all sorry for my English. 🙂

I have a big problem after upgrading (l always did it without any problem until now) to New stable release (20141018) of CM11.0 for S3 Mini via TWRP. Everything gone well until I rebooted the phone (as the installer asked to). Now, my phone has boot looping and the TWRP doesn’t boot either – just stuck at the “teamwin” logo (recovery’s logo). It seems, my phone is dead and has a hard brick. The only thing what is working on it is offline charging. PC doesn’t recognise my phone via USB.

Please help me – what can I do in this case? Or my phone is incorrigible and I have to throw into trash?

Thank you for your help!

Best Regards,
    Barni from Hungary

• norberto says:

Si si android 5!!!!

• Erik says:

With this update, the 2 little problems are solved. My agenda is synchronizing, and I can open the CONTACTS.

• Fabianno says:

Where can I download the v11? Please.