October 21st, 2014

New release (20141021) of CM10.2 for S3 Mini is available!

If you’re updating from older CM10.1/10.2 version or migrating from Oliver’s CM, you don’t have to perform a wipe!

• small SELinux policies changes
  • removed no longer used part of STE patches
  • BT/Wifi config update
  • RIL class improvements
  • huge sources cleanup
  • RIL class experimental rework
  • toolchains update
  • installer updates
  • minor changes in device tree
  • more APNs added as default
  • fixed very rare issue with mounting extSD
  • SystemUI stability improvements
  • multimedia patch rework
  • Odin package also updated

• camera (normal/panorama/camcorder)
  • CM10.2 functionallity
  • no flicker
  • full hardware video acceleration (720p)
  • full f2fs support – check our tutorial to enable it
  • 64GB+ sdcard native support (exFAT)
  • auto EFS backup
  • New BT/GPS/Wifi/offline charging/audio/sensors drivers – no longer buggy Samsung’s ones!
  • built using Linaro toolchain

• None!

• tom3q
  • lupohirp

Before you’ll ask for help, check our FAQ. Maybe answer is already here?

• shifashf says:

Is charging issue is fixed ?
    On previous release its take long time to charge and offline charge nt working.

Hope Its fixed n this release.

Thanks !

• Somehow Instagram video services are not working again.. but everything else is ok.. Thanks for the ROM Novaa!..

• negcreep says:

Do the CM10.2 releases suffer from ‘clock freeze’ as CM11?

• Lory says:

What about CarbonRom? It’s been a while you know..

• Pedr0kz says:

if i’m updating from CM11 i have to perform a wipe?

• asgardius says:

If offline charging does’nt work you can try the CM 11 version released 2 days ago. On that rom the offline charging issue has been fixed

• Christof says:

Thanks

• Diego says:

Works smooth to me, also, I think RIL is better now, my tester is mi girlfriend, in an usual call, connection lost after 5 mins(sometime is really good :P), now is working stable, no signal lost.
    I hope this help me with my Kernel´s wakelocks.
    Some new TVs are capable to connect your phone by WiFi Direct, I found impossible to connect to visualize photos, but i can play videos by google.
    Way to go Nova! thanks!

• mario says:

i like 10.2. good rom
    maybe the recovery has bugs i think. also because offline charging works through the recovery software. maybe also the battery drain is a resolution of the recovery. well, thats what i think.

• Miister says:

I installed the last two versions and first I had problems with the update for the facebook app. It was written, there would not be enough memory space to install the app. I had several GB free on the phone and on the sd card memory so that could not be the real reason. I deinstalled facebook and now i can’t install it anymore. Furthermore I cannot install Threema anymore. It says there is an unknown error code “-24”. Does anyone know what I could do? I tried to reinstall the Play Store and Play Service but it dind’t help. The installing of a newer CM 10.2 Version (with cleaning cache and dalvik cache) also didn’t solve the problem.

• mario says:

safe your important things, like images and other data on sd-cart. the restis safed to goole normaly. then go in recovere and format all partition:
    – internal storage
    – data
    – cache
    – dalvik-cache.

NOT EXTERNEL-STORAGE and NOT EFS

then make a clean install.

• Mark Dammer says:

I am getting loads of GSM and RIL errors in catlog. One re-ocurring one is: “error in decoding sms CB pdu” followed by the long Java error blurp. And there are lots of errors of the category “use-Rlog/RLOG-RIL” followed by crytpic error messages with RX/TX and lots of hex numbers.
    On the outside this ROM works fine for me – so thanks alot for another good 10.2 release

• DerArndt says:

Great Work 🙂 Thx NovaFusion 🙂

The only thing is the battery life 🙂 it is not so great like in cm11 🙂 it drain extrem when i use 3G Network

• nico says:

Many mobile networks disconnects, battery drain, no MTP mounting on Ubuntu 12.04
    Downgraded to previous release (August)

• seyit says:

openvpn troidvpn droidvpn not working ! pls fix

• mcfuture says:

Very bad akku performance, compared to the previous release. I changed nothing, like sync or apps. I got often wakelooks, by google apps.

But i like your releases, good work! And I waiting for the next update 😉

• Jakob Staerk says:

I also had trouble with battery drain, however i found that it was exchange – and have pinned it down to an upgrade of gmail, after which the google accounts have a lot of options synced. After i have adjusted what needs to synced on my gmail accounts. Battery drain is more acceptable.

I have a minor issue when locking the phone to 2g only (to conserve battery) that sometimes the phone looses signal for a minute or two.

Anyone have a hint on how to adjust the snr level when switching from 2G to 3G, i would like to stay on 2G until the 3G signal is a bit stronger. The phone will switch at a time, where you barely have a 3G connection.

• Lucas says:

Please, FIX the offline charging.. OFFLINE CHARGING NOT WORKS! Just fix it and all its ok!!

• javier says: