October 22nd, 2014

New stable release (20141022) of CM11.0 for S3 Mini is available!

If you’re updating from older CM10.1/10.2/11.0 version, you don’t have to perform a wipe!

• installer updates
  • trying to make offline charging working also with ext4 /system (please, test)
  • fixed issues with track info sending to some car BT systems (for example I had this)

• full f2fs support – the best filesystem for Android (tutorial here!)
  • SELinux

• Dekkerm says:

Maybe it’s just me but TWRP (2.8) won’t install this version. When I swipe to start the installer TWRP restarts and returns to the home screen.

• WhiteWolfSix says:

Try to start installation again. It has happened to me as well several times.

• Dekkerm says:

You’re right. Thanks. Downloaded file again and tried again and this time it worked. It still does not charge off-line properly when system formatted ext4. It does actually charge but circle is on screen instead of the battery animation.

• MarQus says:

Android 5 please 🙂

• Justin Daines says:

Is usb OTG working in this version

• Adrián says:

Could it be possible to add Dynamic System Bars? It’s now open source https://plus.google.com/107979589566958860409/posts/jXoa2zuogGj

• Alex says:

ace 2 please.

• Axel says:

My S3 mini NFC has gone after rooting cyanogenmod 11.0. What can i Do now? Axel

• Erik says:

I just used the PROTECTED APP function. New I have no access at all tho these apps. Can it be undone ? THe SETTINGS App is also protected !! Please help !

• Frank says:

Adaway from the Gapps does not persist across the new upgrades and does not install when manually done so in the installer via recovery, either. All other apps persist as usual across upgrades. Any ideas?

• miso says:

Offline charging still not working,please fix it
    Battery drain is huge
    anyway thank you for your work

• Tuoyo says:

WHEN CAN I PARTITION SD INTERNAL WITH THE EXTERNAL… HELP ME PLEASE I NEED TO MAKE MY TWO MEMORYS IN 1 SO I CAN DOWNLOAD MORE GAMES AND STUFF… THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR MAKING THIS HAPPE KITKAT 4.4.4 😀

• Faby says:

Andorid LollyPop Please that fix chargin good

• Fernando says:

Offline still not working, I’ve used f2fs and ext4 on system

• Rizzo says:

Audio settings in Profile Manager still doesn’t work.

But something makes me wonder.
    I made a clean install with TWRP:
    – Format internal storage
    – wipe all data, I mean all options but not Micro-SD
    – install nova zip
    – wipe cach/dalvink
    – reboot

Looks good….

Now, when I look at the profile manager there are my old settings and profiles?!
    How can it be, I kill all data or not?
    Is there an internal storage, where those settings would be saved?

And also I could change the audio sidebar for the audio settings. But the new value won’t be saved in the profile.

• WhiteWolfSix says:

My observations of most asked/commented issues:

Re: Battery – this release is good for battery life, i.e. after the whole night before that the battery was fully charged, my battery showed about 92%
    Re: Clock – my alarm worked this morning without any problem (I had no clock freeze last couple of releases)

• laurent says:

When I have my wifi and bluetooth enabled at the same time on my s3mini (doesn’t matter if one of them is connected or not), and I disable wifi, my phone begins to lag/freeze for aprox. 10-20s (rendering it unusable). I have done clean install, different roms (all CM-based), ART/Dalvik (ART currently used). I use “Interactive” governor and “deadline” IO. Any of you had this problem? Any of you ideas to fix this problem?

• Zwenn says:

I’ve had that for several times. But i would say my phone lagged for about 5 to 10 sechs. But yes I know what ur talking about.

• clag40 says:

Has anyone had a problem with gallery not working??

• laurent says:

• Ilicib says:

After trying to use the phone with this Rom, After half a year, I am giving up. At the begging it was acceptable, battery lasted for almost 2 days, the clock was working and I did not had any crash. Now all are messy and is very unable. I got back on the stock and I will never be back.

• Breno says:

I gave up to, but instead I installed slimkat. It’s good so far, I just didn’t like the nova launcher installed by default, but everything is working great.

• Justin Daines says:

Pls guys this is really important to Me IS USB OTG WORKING? IS WIFI DIRECT WORKING? Pls answer guys. I’m really sorry about the caps but I really need an answer from you guys

• webwiller says:

I did everything on the f2fs migration (without losing data) tutorial though ADB & everything went fine. But when I checked filesystem with TWRP I noticed that /cache and /data are f2fs but /system is still ext4. I understood that /system partition would have migrated itself though intallation…am I wrong? I tried to change filesystem (TWRP) but the phone did not boot anymore and got stuck on “SMSG SIII Mini” screen. I installed CM11 again and it was back to ext4 (/system) but it works alright (few small bugs). How comes? How am I supposed change /system into f2fs ? Thx in advance!

• Hugo Arganda says:

I just can’t get the back and menu touch buttons to work, anyone know how to solve this problem?

• K. says:

Please release MIUI V5 thanks

• zap2675 says:

Since release 20141018 all System Settings shortcuts are disabled in my S3 mini. Did this happened to anyone else? I have installed ROM first, then latest GApps and, right after that I wiped Dalvik and Caché and then rebooted the phone. Any clues?

Also, offline charging problems persist.

Despite that, all else is working fine, with reasonable battery life though I’m sure it could be better.

• M says:

Dear Devs, thanks a bunch for this great port. have two issues with this release on brand new s3 mini:
    – SIM contacts cannot be imported (or even viewed for that matter)
    – Browser crashes on start

p.s. you have an online bug/issue tracker?

• Hi For all
    thanks for this Rom> I wonder will it work to galaxy s3 mini ve I8200??
    PLEASE ANY ONE RESPOND AND IF POSSIBLE WITH VIDEO

• Stifler says:

When will a final version?

• Wu says:

Clock freeze like never before

• nostro says:

SlimROM- please update

• Olli says:

The battery consumption is very very good ….. so far I can work much longer with the phone !!
    I found a mistake: In the status bar I can not turn on or turn off the GPS

• Phone restarts randomly when in an application. Reboots and most of the battery is gone and then it keeps rebooting. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Joshua says:

Why is it so hard to download things off the website..

• Olli says:

The battery consumption is very very good … so far I can work much longer with the phone !

I found a mistake:
    In the status bar I can not turn on or turn off the GPS !

• WARNING. If your phone dies, do not blame MaClaw. Blame Samsung. My Phone is dead. It was struck today by the Samsung Ebola Sudden Death or Black Screen problem http://www.oneclickroot.com/how-to/how-to-fix-sudden-death-problem-on-galaxy-s3/

• ErcoleDalma says:

Please fix video-preview player because doesn’t work (only audio not video). Some problems with also phonebook (it crashes with google contacts upgrade).

• txemafocus says:

cámara no funciona bien cuando activo no abre me dice aplicación cámara se a detenido. y bacteria drena rápido para mi no va bien e vuelto a la actualizacion del día 17 que va genial y batería me dura mas de 2 días con uso moderado y alarma funciona bien.

• Alfred says:

A mi la camara me va perfecto.
      La bateria dura bastante.
      La alarma de momento me despierta a la hora.

Deberias de instalar esta ROM formateando el movil y con el ODIN.
      Saludos,

• Andi says:

Hi, since i have installed the latest version, i am facing the clock freeze issue. In all versions begore, i never had this problem. What’s went wrong now ?

• Olli says:

please fix the gps error in the status bar (you can not turn the GPS on)

• When i try to send a video by whatsapp. It’s broken. It’s not possible to send a video by whatsapp. rest ok!

• ipungbotax says:

Wow.. will try this room..
    I get it

• ipushpeople says:

USB tether does not work

• ipushpeople says:

I was wrong, it works

• Saunders says:

New version???????

• Andi says:

Is there any tutorial available, how to migrate back /data from f2fs to ext4 filesystem without loosing data ? Thanks in advance.

• where can I get this costum room link please?

• SGS3miniUser says:

The mod works great.

There is just one (but critical issue): I cannot boot into recovery mode using the Vol+/Home/Power combination. This is critical because if the system does not boot properly, I’ll not be able to wipe the cache etc. I had these troubles during installation, and after re-flashing several images I it finally booted once booted so that I could run “reboot recovery” from a root terminal (which started TWRP, which worked well).

Does anybody have a similar experiences with an i8190? Or know how to solve this?

Then: Is there a way to remove the Google search bar at the top of the screen?

• Andry says:

You can, read the tutorial page please.

• MarcoBini says:

The flash light for rear camera can’t be enabled. Instead it can be enabled for the front camera, but there is no flash for this camera! Silly bug, isn’t it? I’m using oct 13 release. Is it just me or someone else is having the same situation?

• Saunders says:

Big gap for novafusion no update in 4 days hopefully they fixing lots of stuff

• Thomas says:

The battery drain is something i can’t stand. Even without wi-fi or 3g and with the screen at minimum brightness. Before the update my battery lasted roughly 2 days which is normal. Hopefully you will fix it! Thank you for your work!

• Dendix says: