October 26th, 2014

New stable release (20141026) of CM11.0 for S3 Mini is available!

If you’re updating from older CM10.1/10.2/11.0 version, you don’t have to perform a wipe!

• refreshed CM tree due to build server crash
  • Linaro’s toolchain update

• full f2fs support – the best filesystem for Android (tutorial here!)
  • SELinux

• MJ says:

Is video recording and voice recording fixed in this? cuz im having trouble with them 🙁

• miso says:

Huge battery drain
    All other is good

• Axel Hellwig says:

Can I run nfc as well. My S3 mini is with nfc

• Rizzo says:

Audio settings in profile manager works. Great job

• jorge|| says:

the battey duration its better on this one? please answer me u.u

• cachirro says:

Reaaly need your hepl guys. Everything was fine, i’ve did some small charges on the phone, but today the battery went to zero.

When i plugg the charger (tried 3 different now) it shows the spinning circle, and immediatly freezes there, removed the battery, but didn’t help, the phone doesn’t passes that frozen circle.

the phone is unusable 🙁

can anyone help me? thanks

• cachirro says:

i’ve managed to get it to turn on. Maybe even if it was locked on that circle freeze, it received some charge, so i’ve unplugged it, turn it on, and the boot worked fine, then i can plug the charger.

so i believe this is a bug, i have it to be turned on before plugging the charger, if it is off and plugged and i turn it on, that freeze happens.

• joao sa says:

that offline charging is just a image bug its charges anyways just that animated image does not work but the charging does so they just need to fix the animation

• cachirro says:

ok, it might charge anyway, but the phone doesn’t turn on, so, it’s not just animation problem, the phone is unusable. i have to get it on before plugging it in, which isn’t a normal behavior.

• Sashozs says:

If the battery is completely drained, it won’t turn anyways… As long as I can remember, this is not only this phone, but most of the devices do the same. As soon as it gets enough charge, it will turn on. So, I believe only the animation should be fixed.

• Frank says:

Adaway is back. And everything else works, too. Great release and work. Thanks

• ananinami says:

anyone having drop in WiFi speed issues?

• makefo says:

Is there a version without gapps?

• Hellge says:

please update carbon. thx 🙂

• Linaro’s toolchain update and built using NovaTP GCC4.9 toolchain guess we cannot trust the change log when you are lying about the compiler?

• clag40 says:

Go back to stock if your not happy. Or just stop being a Troll.

• FlamiN says:

Did it yesterday. xD I’ve been using Carbon ROM for so long that I forgot how it feels to have a great battery life. Now that’s I’m back on stock I’m glad to say that, after 9 hours of moderate using, my phone shows 51% stats. The performance may be slightly better on CM-based roms, but most users look up for battery life, since they don’t want to depend on electricity all day.
        I’m thankful to novafusion’s team and all the work they did! Maybe sometime in the future I’ll be back to CM because of greater battery life than on stock.

• Raffael Kyle says:

Yeah, its really better!
          You just need to root and remove all samsung unneeded apps and you’ll get a very fast and stable rom with 20h+ battery duration.

CM just gives customization but it is unnecessary.

• Egg says:

Or you can just install some touchwiz roms so that you won’t have to uninstall 1000 shitty apps….For me DMod v6 was the best touchwiz-based ROM….and also…there is KluroshuROM….but i did have a considerable low battery life with that…Anyway…the choice is yours 🙂

• Burak says:

Hi guys.I have a problem.Everything is good but my home button don’t wake up the phone.Only power button wake up.It happen without any reason.I don’t understand this.Can you help me?

• Justin says:

Is WiFi direct working??????? ‘

• Laurent says:

When I have my wifi and bluetooth enabled at the same time on my s3mini (doesn’t matter if one of them is connected or not), and I disable wifi, my phone begins to lag/freeze for aprox. 10-20s (rendering it unusable). I have done clean install, different roms (all CM-based), ART/Dalvik (ART currently used). I use “Interactive” governor and “deadline” IO. Any of you had this problem? Any of you ideas to fix this problem?

• nala says:

Hello.

Any chanse for CM for I8200 ? (S3mini Ve)
    Thx

• Bread says:

Please mega wipe Script for s3 mini i dont install cm 11 i try to install cm 11but restart to cm 10 please help me

• Seed Vicious says:

Again Team, Thanks a Lot!

• David Garcia says:

Battery life in this release: worst ever, but performance is the best ever, waiting for next release, ohh and Pegasusq is no longer bugged at deep-sleep.

• bigD says:

been using phone 8 hours now for calls texts and internet and still 53% so battery good in this release plus i downloaded a 1.3gb film. i8190n pegasusq sio

• DarkTwinkie says:

i got terrible battery life with this release also… no problems what so ever with deep sleep – wakelocks – location requests etc etc…just…terrible battery life…

• shaumaa says:

IT DISCHARGES IN CHARGER?! And that bug is present since I installed the rom for the first time in may. This is the bug you should look at, not SE Linux and security shits no one needs.. Exept for the most retards on this forum.

• txemafocus says:

en 12 horas se descargo un 48% en esta actualizacion la batería drena muy rápido ….me vuelvo a la del día 17 que me dura mas de 2 dias con el mismo uso

• Eren says:

thanks for 1GHz bug solve but cpu don’t get deep sleep.and battery is normal(should get better)

• laurent says:

just had a clockfreeze this morning…

• Arshak says:

Same here

• Egg says:

I had clock freeze yesterday !

• mamiho says:

Weird… From the time I started using cm’s by maclaw/novafusion I’ve never encountered clockfreezes…

• Al Bundy says:

i had the clock freeze in earlier releases. I still use the 20141008 and for me its the best one. i tried 2 later releases and had battery probs. i charge it every 2 days, never lastet that long before by normal use. right now, 13 hrs and still 52%. no problems with charging over night. only thing is, i cant watch youtube vids, maybe i need plugins or another browser. maybe you try 1008 rel. and if you are happy, stay with it until a better one comes out.

• Sora says:

Completely fresh install and I had clock freeze. Completely missed my alarm 🙁

• ap says:

all work fine, thank you

• Burak says:

Everything is good but i have a problem.My home button don’t wake up the phone.Only power button do it.This happened without any reason.It was working previously but it don’t work now.Can you help me?Thanks.

• Gustavo says:

Can someone explain me how to configure the sound, because my phone rings once and stays silent. I have not found how to set the number of rings. Thank you for your help.

• Seed Vicious says:

Hi Guy/Team!

I have a problem with the charge, after charge 100%, this night, continue with the power conected but discharging.
    When I see this, check the activity and found in th battery status saying “active” but in the task manager i can’t found any process over the 2% of cpu

Can anyone help me to undersatand what is “active” in the battery status?

Thank a lot, again Team/Guys you Rocks!

Keep riding on the crest of the wave!

• maxquiroz says:

Hello! Several times I have commented on issues that I have observed on the ROM, so that they could get corrected. However, all the times my comments have been deleted and I’ve gotten no answers.

I think that you are doing a great job here, but I don’t understand why my comments have been erased and other really offensive posts are allowed.

Anyway! good job and hope someday those issues are solved! Gotta keep hoping!

• Burak says:

• snacaman says:

Hi. Can anybody confirm that AOSP Camera does not record EXIF tag DateTime properly? My photos have 1970.01.01 01:00:00. Please look at this. Thanks.

• tee211 says:

This is my first custom android rom and I’m really impressed – it works great. The only problem I’ve come across is that the alignment of photosphere pictures is way off and Google Cardboard apps are also out of alignment. I would guess these are related – has anyone else found this?

• czmtbrider says:

Hello, will be this rom work on Galaxy S3 mini Valvue edition GT-I8200N ?

• Egg says:

So….my overall experience with this release :

– clock freeze
    – apps crash for no reason (especially whatsapp)….i guess the ROM is not so “stable” after all
    – HUGE battery drain – really now….You, NovaFusion team really do a good work here….but please….I would rather give up some features from the ROM and have a better battery life…so I don’t have to charge it TWICE a day (and it’s the ROM’s fault for that – i’ve double-checked)

The most annoying thing is that you say this is a stable release…WHEN IT’S NOT !…..Honestly…..I had nightlies that were more stable than this release.

And please…..refurbish that changelog – it has a lot of “issues” and doesn’t have all the “features” mentioned

Just so you know….i did a dirty-flash…..i have Xposed Framework installed…..and some low-consuming apps in the background……the problem with battery life is when i actually use the phone (otherwise….the deep sleep works better than ever)

Look…i don’t say this ROM is shitty or anything else…..but i just want a ROM that i can rely on and really count on the fact that if the site says is a stable release and have no issues….then it should be like that !

And for the smart-asses that may comment with “If you don’t like the ROM then make one yourself” or “stop complaining” …or something like this…..YOU (smart-asses) should shut the f*ck up….i have just presented my opinion regarding my own experience with this release….so don’t even dare to comment on that !

(And I believe I was as polite and gentle as it could be !)

In conclusion…..Thanks NovaFusion for bringing this ROM to our devices….but i expect some improvements soon 😉

P.S. : Sorry is I misspelled some words or if i didn’t use correct tenses…..i am really tired…..it’s 00:52 in Romania and by the way…I’m 16….(and have pretensions of taking the Cambridge – level C1 )

And away from the subject…if you know what are the means necessary for preparing my portfolio for college in England, Canada, France…etc….I insist that you contact me as soon as possible on my e-mail ([email protected]) or on Google+

Thanks in advance and keep doing you work NovaTeam !

• thomas says:

They always call their Releases as “Stable”… I used Novafusion for serveral month… And what can I say? Bugs, Bugs, Bugs..

No stable Version released ever!!!

Now, since few month I used Slimkat by Android-Andy…. its perfekt!!! and stable!!!

No problems!!!

• You should not complain
      I’ve always installed cm roms and have always seen with certain problems but look who try and care for people always have access to the latest android market so devices have midrange or range come down.
      they do very well.
      Here in Latin America we use a proverb. “gift horse will not look at the tooth”, “Do not look a gift horse in the mouth”
      There are no perfect roms, I’ve even seen that official roms tend to improve.
      the final product for me is very good and of high quality, considering you know the device is not designed for this firmware.

If you want a stable rom install the stock rom designed for the phone.
      but please do not criticize the work of others when we are practically giving an opportunity of enjoying the good work they do.
      While this forum is to detect and report problems, I do not think it necessary to require reporting or rudely

Usted no debería quejarse
      Yo he siempre he instalado las roms de cm y siempre he visto que tienen ciertos problemas pero hay que ver que lo intentan y se preocupan para que la gente tenga acceso siempre a lo ultimo de android en el mercado asi tengamos dispositivos de gama media o gama baja.
      lo hacen muy bien.
      aqui en latino-america utilizamos un refran. “a caballo regalado no se le mira el diente”,
      No hay roms perfectas, inclusive he visto que las roms oficiales tienden a mejorar.
      el producto final para mi es muy bueno y de alta calidad, teniendo en cuenta que el dispositvo no esta diseñado para este firmware.

Si quiere una rom estable instala la rom stock diseñada para el telefono.
      pero por favor no critiquemos el trabajo de los demas cuando nos estan practicamente dando la oprtunidad de disfrutar del buen trabajo que hacen.
      si bien este foro es para detectar e informar problemas, no creo que sea necesario exigir o informar de forma grosera.

• Egg says:

Ok…so to clear that….i am barely complaning :))…..i just requested a refurbisged “features list”, changelog…..and maybe a better battery life

.I’m sure that there are others who want that too…and we can agree that the fact that the rom states that this release is “stable” is, for me and others too, false

• thomas says:

everything ok!!!!

but why they always call it “stable”?

CM 11 by Nova… never have been stable…

Or what?

• mamiho says:

Weird… Only bug I had form previous release is about calls/messages sounds… And oc kernel from xda. Battery: I can play rr3 8 hours straight till phone actually says about low battery. Clock haven’t freezed even once since beginning of using this room. Everything but that one thing work perfectly for me… Maybe you should simply do a clean install?

• Παύλος says:

Ok buddies you seem like quite demanding. I just would like to know, how much money have you contributed?. It’s always comfortable to criticize without any compromise the work of others (even better when you get it for free).
      CM and carbon are great roms. They have issues, like other unofficial roms, but they’re certainly the best around.

• Egg says:

I do not agree with this…..In my opinion slimkat is the best for now, since it delivered the best battery life and performance on my s3 mini

• Dario says:

Swap Memory & Overclock Please!
    Thanks Novafusion.

alguien sabe como hacer Swap Memoria? necesito Swap para la room

• daRookie says:

Huge battery drain – empty in 7 hours with normal use – worst ever – > back to stock!

• birnet says:

what about Android 5?

• xanderbane says:

I want to notify the only bug I found until now (on my device): it doesn’t read my SIM card (only the agenda, all the rest is fine). The SIM is a GSM 128K branded TIM (Italy)! I don’t know if it is a known bug from previous versions but, if you could, would be nice to see it fixed. For now (or from now on xD) I’ll synchro with GMail ^^

• Matias says:

My battery is broken after installed this ROM. So if someone is going to install this ROM, I say that is a mistake.. Don’t install it. This ROM broke your battery .

• WhiteWolfSix says:

Matias, it is just your experience, not other ones. I run this ROM for several days and have no battery issue. 🙂

• Zwenn says:

Normally I´ve got battery problems directly after installing. But after some reboots and letting the device get used to the update I´m back to normal which is about 2 days.

• Thomas says:

Perfect performance but HUGE battery drain. Thank you for your hard work.

• Zwenn says:

Still some bugs:

– clock freeze this morning
    – unable to use the dialer on first attempt, only white screen without numbers. So I have to go back and press dialer again.
    – after reboot the device shows 2G why it is actually on 3G. You´ll only realize when you turn on mobile data. So like above: You have to “turn on” 3G and go back to 2G to actually be on 2G.

• Ivo says:

I have a problem… Sometimes when the phone is sleeping the clock widgets stop and the alarm doesnt work… Im going to update now i hope u find the problem

• Vannam Nguyen says:

I have installed the ROM and It said: Theems Provider has stopped. And the I Pressed OK AND THE ERROR GOES ON AND ON…. How to fix this? I can’t turn off My phone or use It.

• Ivo says:

The clock freeze sometimes when the phone is in stand-by, then the alarm doesent work, hope u fix it please

• Enrico says:

Hey Sirs..
    it’s a great job..just have a huge problem (it’s a problem i’d got on every version from july 14 ’till now) with battery and maybe i found the matter..
    Sometime the battery totally falls down in about 3/4 hours, with the phone in the poket and display off. It seems to be totally random and the battery status says it’s the system that use all the battery. With gemeni app manager I found that system tries to get the GPS position even if the GPS is off. As result the phone get really hot and battery dies really fast. Blocking system from getting the GPS position seems to fix the problem.
    Do someone had the same problem?
    Sorry if I haven’t been that clear, I did my best.. =)

• Buggy says:

It’s probably 1gHz Bug, which killed a lot of batterys.
      This is an novafusion bug not CM – other rom developers for s3mini solved this issue 6 moths ago. It’s a shame because there are quite a lot of users who are thinking of bying a new mobile instead of bying a new battery, which can get damaged by this bug. WARN THEM!!! DONT WRITE: ISSUES NONE
      Second bug witch is NOT CM bug is the clock freeze.
      So please write issues: still 1gHz bug and clock freeze until you find a bugfix!

• s3 mini lover says:

17 hours = empty battery (no internet and game) 🙁 plss fix this battery life

• slevin says:

I have only one question, where is fm radio app? Add it please.