October 27th, 2014
Carbon 4.4.4

New release (20141027) of Carbon 4.4.4 for S3 Mini is available!

If you’re updating from older Carbon version, you don’t have to perform a wipe!

• Carbon sources update
  • fixed issues with track info sending to some car BT systems (for example I had this)
  • small SELinux policies changes
  • removed no longer used part of STE patches
  • BT/Wifi config update
  • huge sources cleanup
  • RIL class experimental rework
  • toolchains update
  • installer updates
  • more APNs added as default
  • fixed very rare issue with mounting extSD
  • SystemUI stability improvements

• Carbon functionallity
  • full f2fs support – the best filesystem for Android (tutorial here!)
  • auto EFS backup

• Can anyone tell me, is carbon better than cyanogenmod?

• Hayden says:

Has more customization 🙂

• partusman says:

It’s made the battery last a lot more for me. Although last time I used CM was months ago, and it was a battery drainer, at the time at least.

• pegleg1112 says:

I’m going to try carbon if its how you said it is, cheers guys 🙂

• Hopefully its how you say it is, cheers 🙂

• Andrés Vinueza says:

Is the more customizable rom I have used so far, battery life depends on your usage and on the features you use like peak that I guess has some impact in battery if you enable it, but it is a great rom

• vxx says:

it’s basically cyanogenmod with more customization.

• Elmario says:

Carbon is based ony cyanogenmod. So they are both technically very similar or even same for the most. So saying like one was faster, more stable, more battery using or such are more esoteric like real.

Carbon just has advanced confoguration, allowing customization of many existing GUI parts, and just a little portion of extra software, like active display.

• webwiller says:

I’ve been using CM11 for over 1year…just 1 month ago I decided to try-out Carbon and I’m really IMPRESSED! Great customization, no bugs whatsoever for time being, fast & reliable! ( I used to have some CM11 isuues now&then…) Not saying CM11 is bad but by now I keep my last choice! 🙂 Enjoy the ride!

• leidenfrost says:

thanks novafusion for carbon update. BTW i just saw the almost stable release lollipop build on nexus 5 wow it’s great i can’t wait to get it to our s3 mini *happy face*

• ItsPeet:Carbon says:

Woohoo! Thanks Nova!

• ItsPeet:Carbon says:

S3 Mimi seems to be flying! Good performance!

• y.sss says:

wifi direct works in this release????

• i have found some bugs in the add alarm screen, sometimes the wifi turn offs at the same time the phone goes to silence, i have choose 2G preferreed network to save battery and it change itself to 3G s3 mini i8190l

• bruno says:

what about the battery? is it better than cm11?

• Julio says:

No, it sucks! 60% in 5 hours

• mkxmx says:

I have tried differentes roms, CM, Carbon, Pacman, AOSPA from other developers and they all suffer from 1ghz bug because is Samsung fault. Just remember to turn off wifi when you restart or shutdown your phone. Just come back to CM and my S3 mini its flying like a rocket

• Hellge says:

<3 THX! Carbon is the best ROM on s3mini ever!

• El Oso says:

Thanks Nova, Testing…

• Venomstep says:

It drains my battery

• nostro says:

Battery drain is terrible- 20% in about 4 hours !

• this again with the same bug from previous versions, does not save the home shortcuts/widgets from apps that were moved to the microSD, terrible!

• Junior Matos says:

I use CM 11-20140628-UNOFFICIAL-golden 4.4.4 on my SIII mini. Carbon plays Netflix fine or havê the same problem?(error 1018)

• Megasama says:

I wanna answer the call with the home button, it fails… I wanna try it please help me… I know… Go to accesibility and choose the option but it didnt works… Help me thanks…

• Junior Matos says:

I use CM 11-20140628-UNOFFICIAL-golden 4.4.4 on my SIII mini. Carbon plays Netflix fine or havê the same problem?(error 1080)
    Do i lose my data if update to this rom ?
    Is this cm11 already on f2fs ? How do i check it ?

Tks.

• Just wanna now if it also had clockfreeze bug that cm versions have.

• ade says:

please need a cyanogenmod for samsung galaxy note 2 please

• rgg says:

Work In i8200 s3 mini ve versión??

• José Ignacio Santa Cruz says:

Battery charging has some problems. Indicator stuck in zero and doesn’t reflect any charging regardless The phone has been plugged all night.
    After resetting it get’s the correct charging state.

• Alex says:

Unfortunately, CeanogenMod Account has stopped(((

• Adrian says:

I’ve tried all NovaFusion ROM’s for S3 Mini and all of them are missing the CyanogenMod option: “Prevent accidental wake – Check the proximity sensor prior to waking up screen.” Anyone who knows if there is a hidden option to access this display settings? Thanks!

• Tama says:

Carbon is more fast than CM11. Cool

• dargan78 says:

clock/alarm freeze is my best friend,every morning we spend time together

• kroller says:

My heads up notification become completely transparent in this build. Am I the only one?

• norberto says:

Vamos lollipop!!! Estamos en la dulce espera!!!

• mkxmx says:

No seas impaciente, Lolipop ni siquiera ha salido al mercado y aun falta que salga su variante AOSP para que Cynoagen pueda hacer su CM12 y de ahi Novafusion pueda hacer el port. Todavia va para rato

• Alex says:

Ace 2 Please!

• james says:

s advance please!!!

• djibiza says:

battery is running out much faster than the previous version,

• jolly says:

downlpad not working for me. I’m running on Cynogenmod 11 but I would like to try this carbon rom. Unfortunately,the link doesn’t give me a download. help?

• Luigi says:

Thanks. I still prefer previous version where everything works just perfectly, including battery life. Sent from i8190.

• Helmut says:

I have a tiny problem since this update (or since the update of the Nova Launcher)
    If I set mobile data to off, go to power save (short press of the power on key) and and go back to normal mode (by pressing the menu key), mobile data is back to On. I fear, it’s turned on when going to power save draining more battery than necessary.
    Has anybody seen a similar effect?
    Thanks for a hint,
    Helmut

• CommanderMamado says:

anyone please advise how i can get higher sound ???

• clack/alarm freeze with bugs is fully crazy,this’s bad!

• matias tirimaco says:

carbon will update to 5.0 too?

• Elmario says:

One day Carbon Rom Team will adapt to 5.0 for Sure, but hey! Carbon 4.4 still doesn’t even have all features of 4.3 based Carbon, yet! And after Carbon Team made a new version novafusion needs some time for porting this to S3 Mini. And then…..
      WAIT! There still ist no stable Carbon 4.4 Version for our mobile, without 1GHz Bug and clock freeze, yet!
      And I would really prefer having one single current Version that my phone could achieve it’s daily work with, than having hundreds of incomplete and unstable versions of any future osses!

• Juergen says:

Hi, I’m using Novafusion’s build dated 20141027 on my Samsung Galaxy S3 mini since a few days. I experienced the following issue: bluetooth connection to my car (Ford Fiesta, the so-called Ford SYNC) works properly the first time phone and car are paired. After turning off the engine (bluetooth disconnects then of course) and turning back on, phone connects and disconnects every 5 seconds showing a “com.bluetooth.android” error (bluetooth on my S3 mini is turned of and immediately turned on again, then turned off…). If I remove the previously paired Fiesta sync and then try to pair phone and car again (like I would pair those devices for the first time), it works. Any idea what this could be? Bluetooth connection to my car worked fine using SLIMkat and stock kernel.

• dk236Tom says:

I tried this carbon image around a week.. iam going back to cm for alot of reasons:
    it hasnt the batterytime like cyanogenmod
    the gps sensors doesnt work on most of my apps
    the Backup apps i use for sms and contacts doenst work with carbon, my complete sms history for a week is gone..
    the Clockalarm doesnt work .. wth?
    the whole image is buggy as hell, my s3mini does some wierd things.. had some strange sound and graphic issues, it reboots onandonandon… never seen that bevor
    it tells me my google apps are closed for some reason, but they still work?!?
    this is pre-alpha release for me! i never touch carbon again! for sure…

• shabbir says:

Carbon 4.4 is best Custom Firmware please build carbon android L and thanks for carbon kitkat

• Pabloski says:

Hey people, I need some help. I don’t know why but when i open the Google Chrome it allways appears in floating mode. Can somebody help me?

• Wojciech says:

I have funny issue with charging battery via car usb charger. Phone is not charging. Charger i working fine on other phones. usb chargin and ac/dc charging i working. Is there any solution for this?