February 21st, 2015

New stable release (20150221) of CM12.0 for S3 Mini is available!

For flashing Lollipop, we recommend you to install our TWRP recovery (available on Download page)!

Do full backup before installation and wipe data/cache (factory reset) after installation if you don’t updating from older CM12.0 release.

You need to perform a wipe if you’re migrating from software different than CM12.0!

• updated CM12.0 sources
  • fixed caller issues
  • reaplied all of the patches
  • fixed lots of minor bugs (mostly CM-bugs)

• RIL (phone/SMS/3G)
  • GPS/Glonass/A-GPS
  • camera (taking photos and videos)
  • f2fs filesystem support

• video taken by stock camera app is green, but some apps like Camu taking correct videos without any issues
  • less than 2% of users are reporting issues with mobile data – just add new APN manually with settings proper for your provider and apply it to make 3G working

• onurmx says:

bu adam bizle taşak geçiyor THANKS NOVAFUSION

• Dagobert_78 says:

Hi. not update of CyanogenMod 11.0 since 31.01.2015 , why ?

• Giancarlo says:

Maclaw, proszę poprawić ten błąd: nie procent naładowania pokazuje podczas ładowania telefonu od.

• smtkc says:

orrrrrrrrrrroosspuu çocukları yapa yapa bunu mu yaptınız THANKS NOVA TEAM VPN NOT WORK…

• Batuhan says:

Ammina koyim birader 6 gun bunuun iciin mii beklediik amk THANKS NOVAFUSİON 🙂

• Smtkc says:

Ben böyle orrrrospu çocukluğu görmedim para kazanıyo ibineler bide bu işten adam gibi bi sikim gelir diye bekledim bug düzeltmiş ananın ammına sok o bugları VPN. not work we are best nova ibine nova

• yasin says:

Yapcaaniz guncellemenin ta anasini avradini siksinler emi yavusaklarr thx novateam great work 😀

• Lucas says:

Thank You so much.
    I’m experiencing since the last release (15/02/2015) offline charging issues (GT-8190L)
    But the ROM is great!

• Jef says:

is f2fs fully working?

• fezao monstro says:

facebook,instagram video,and music works?

• LEVENT says:

where is ace 2 ?????????????? i do not see ace 2 rom <:/

• Fernando says:

Instagram videos and Cienpolis apk still forced close

• Carlos says:

Hola, quice entrar al recovery desde el menu de reinicio y el movil ahora no enciende, saco la bateria, pruebo con la combianacion de teclas (power, home, volumen up) y el movil muestra la pantalla de inicio de samsung, pero luego parece apagarse aunque no vibra al hacerlo.

Si le doy al boton de encendido, pasa igual, me muestra la pantalla de samsung y luega nada.

Que puedo hacer?? De antemano gracias.

• keyvin says:

– En Configuración / Pantalla, Estancia Inteligente No Existe

– No Muestra La Barra De Carga Al Cargar El Teléfono Apagado

• nasrodz says:

Touch Down buttons do not work
    My Alhom button exception it works
    What is the solution

• petrica says:

Thake you novafusion! The rom is great, even the video recording doesn’t work, good job and i will wait for you to fix the camera record!

• Hi all developers I’ve an idea to improve cm12 Lollipop rom..look this please

1: Offline charge not work
    2: Nothing sensor
    3: No extra volume in call
    4: No recoding calls
    5: Calls everytime crashs
    6: Add more tiles in notification bar like cm11
    7: Video take by camera still green
    8: No camera pics storage in EX sd card
    9: Add touchwiz and accuweather widget (for touchwiz lovers)
    10: Add swipe to call/send message in contacts like stock s3 mini roms
    11: Add memo widget
    12: Wifi tethering not work
    13: No import contacts by sim (unlock sim)
    14: Improve battery life
    15: Add file manager like stock s5 my file
    16: Add homepage to browser and downloads storage in Ex sd card
    17: Add Fm radio
    18: Enable “move app to Sd card” like cm11

• Mistik says:

İs Wifi direct working??

• coolness says:

messaging crashed even with full format/reset.

• Joe_APXC says:

Thank you, NovaFusion! Updating faster as a week is over! I will install this update because of caller fixes, if this works, it would be very very cool! Thanks again!

• Joe_APXC says:

Caller issue is not fixed :/ Incomming calls still get canceled by itself without doing anything… But i know you can do this, take every time you need 🙂 Thanks anyway!

• ryan says:

did you wipe your system first
        wiping your system will get remove the problem in the caller code

if you install without wiping
        the problem will still be there because the code did not get replaced

• Abdu says:

Messaging app in this release is not responding when I open a message or want to write new message

• Johann Matuliauskas says:

Hi Novafusion,
    I cannot switch to f2fs for /system. Every time, I format this partition in f2fs, it worked, but when I install ROM CM12, then it reformats again in ext4. data and cache works with f2fs. may it be, that system with f2fs is still not functioning?
    Greetings
    joma227 from Germany

• nemo1303 says:

Plesse update cm11, there are still alot of users.

• Armando says:

I have an issue installing this release.
    I can format /system to f2fs, but after installing CM by TWRP i get back to ext4.
    During installation there is no option to choose f2fs or ext4

No issue with /cache and /data

• karl3105 says:

Same with my I8190n > in newer CM11 version there was a Setup Dialog during Recovery Installation (with TWRP 2.8) for using f2fs on System Partition. In CM12 there is None. I wiped/changed the System Partition to f2fs but during recovery Installation of cm12 (20150215 and older) the Partition is reforming to ext4!
      Greets Kai

• Tom says:

Same to me…

• kai says:

Same issue! No setup during recovery Installation like in the last cm11 version. Cannot use f2fs for system partition! Greets

• Dexter says:

I can’t get into recovery or download mode since the latest release, why??

• afrenza says:

having the same issue. even if trying to reboot from main screen into recovery or download or using third party tools to boot into these options. then the device will start up and remains for hours in the starting screen (CM logo). try rebooting, remove battery, nothing. can get into recovery or download mode.

• You have to be holding down the home and vol + before the S3 logo pops up, took me ages to figure out

• ryan says:

turn off your phone

take out battery for 30 seconds

insert battery for 30 seconds

turn phone on

go into settings

go into about

tap on build number until developer is enabled

go into developer and turn on advanced reboot

hold power button

click reboot

click recovery

• Antonio says:

I see no difference between this update and the penultimate.

• vope says:

Great work !

Still the same bugs compared to 20150215 :
    – Some bad French Layouts (I can help if you need)
    – Bad French translation due to CM12
    – BLN Control doesn’t work
    – Flashlight Long on-time.
    – So many random reboots !!
    – No EAP-SIM !!
    – Battery drains so fast
    – Bug with Flashlight icon. It desappears when toggle
    – Bug with off-line charge (picture is frozen)

• Geo says:

Hey novafusion! Are you looking to develop Ubuntu touch for the s3 mini in the future? Congrats for the awesome job!

• @lt.core says:

Dev please the next update add apps from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-unlimited-screen-recorder-t2937770, please you can make this apps without cable data on pc to CM12 Lollipop V5.02 / 5.1 for S3 Mini… 🙂

Thx’s.

• I’m a CoPilote GPS user and I found some issues with NovaFusion CM 11 and CM 12: CoPilot crashes and it has problems restoring informations from the ALK cloud.
    Regards

• Richard says:

It’s hactic with the reboots, but better and better. Thank you!

OFF:

Guys, please english!

• Defco says:

F2fs in /system partition doesn’t work, like the older cm11, it gas worked only when you developed the ROM installer

• Jayden says:

So I have a glitch that’s not very rom breaking but its still annoying
    I use keepsafe for my photos that I don’t want people seeing
    When I go to add a new photo it begins to load my photo library
    Then it keeps saying android.process.media has stopped
    And it says that about 5 times
    Not sure if its a ROM issue or the app but it never happened in cm11

Thanks for your amazing work NOVA!!

• PhilPrice (bluegoose900) says:

Any idea why the Capacitive keys do not work on my I8190N ? I am on baseband AMJ2 (the latest one I think from Samsung) – this is the only issue I have with the CM12 ROM (from 20150215). Other than this issue it is solid and fast ROM. Great work.

• Vannam Nguyen says:

Uhmm.. I updated my CM12 and now my Music app crashes…. Please Help!!

• Vannam Nguyen says:

I already solved it! Just remove the media storage and then flash CM12 again!

• Yizac says:

Meaning i should remove my SD from the phone(where i have my songs) and then flash? No factory reset needed? Did it work for you in the long term?

• CodeLenz says:

I just uninstalled Play Music (directly in the play store) and Installed it again. Its working now.

• Vannam Nguyen says:

Go to settings – apps – media storage – remove – boot to recovery – flash this rom again – wipe dalvik – boot to system. That’s what I did.

• Vannam Nguyen says:

I mean not remove, but remove data. Sorry, a mistake! 😀

• if i follow your steps, is that will remove all my apps?

• Yizac says:

I think now i can live in peace, it worked! Thank you so much, i was so frustrated from not listening to my music in the phone T_T Thanks a lot dude(or dudette)

• Yizac says:

So yeah… Now it crashed again :/ i did delete the media storage again and stopped crashing but now i dont have access to my multimedia, need to reflash again, but if thats the case its really pretty annoying having to flash everytime i wanna hear music :/ Thanks for the fix either way

• Marian says:

PROBLEM: Can not send a message that closes automatically. …. Can not add songs from your SD card to ringtones. …..

• is there are a selinux mod ? cuz the xposed is out but i cant use it

• isaacjude says:

Carbon! Anytime soon?

• Alex says:

Energy saving mode does not work.

• SElinux permissions please, for xposed porpuse’

• kinqrude says:

TWRP and CWM NOT INSTALL !

Detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/mmcblk0p22 -WAIT

• Marcos says:

– random apps close,
    – slow keyboard response,

Please add all of these to known issues so that they can be properly adressed

Thanks

• Roman says:

after installing Google Apps, the sound stopped working on charging

• Jao says:

My Messaging app keeps on crashing, am I the only one?

• sebas says:

I can’t install the minecraft apk

• sno0op says:

Very good to excellent work , I see great progress in this room .

– Call Application and slow most of the time
    – Very slow to open and close flashlight.
    – The screen goes black and sometimes back.
    – Notifications of Sound and others are slow.
    – Instagram closes times. Facebook closes all stools that come in.
    – After full charge had problems with 1ghz bug had to turn off the power and remove the battery.
    – Slow recharge the system accuses 10hrs to complete .
    – I realized that a self consumption on my 3G data package. I do not know if something related .

• Peter says:

Does file encryption work?

• SELinux access please for xposed modules!

• HesH says:

Messaging app stopped when I try to open an message. Any idea to fix it? Also network connectivity was dropped suddenly after end voice call

• Jao says:

I have the same issue. :/

• Igorinho says:

I have same problem!

• chonax says:

Same. I just install Textra, chompSMS or other sms app and works fine

• Stephan says:

+1 – when I open a SMS in the messaging app, the app crashes.

• wavelet says:

As far as I have found it is:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.mms/com.android.mms.ui.ComposeMessageActivity}: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer
      at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(A ctivityThread.java:2329)
      at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Ac tivityThread.java:2391)
      at android.app.ActivityThread.access$900(ActivityThre ad.java:147)
      at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Activit yThread.java:1296)
      at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:10 2)
      at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
      at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.jav a:5256)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
      at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCa ller.run(ZygoteInit.java:898)
      at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit .java:693)
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer
      at android.app.SharedPreferencesImpl.getInt(SharedPre ferencesImpl.java:239)
      at com.android.mms.ui.ComposeMessageActivity.onCreate (ComposeMessageActivity.java:2007)
      at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5 933)
      at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(I nstrumentation.java:1105)
      at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(A ctivityThread.java:2282)
      … 10 more

• mohaamad says:

its work for i8200 ?????

• Mani says:

Is it OK to ask, what is the difference between daily release and stable release?

• I’ve just installed. The Google Play Service are asking for updating but it’s impossible todo. Some Google apps are crashing, like, Hangout. I think it is because Google Play Service error. Someone know how can I fix it?

• Antonio says:

Whats’Up audio recorder does not work
    Facebook video does not work
    Icon charge off line does not work
    SD card does not work
    …….

• Antonio says:

Anyway thanks for the work you are doing.

• JAEL says:

Not open the SMS / MMS.

• Faisal says:

Why is it that users from software different that cm12 has to perform a wipe?? Will you guys release a version where users from cm11 won’t have to wipe?

• Gadi9 says:

Great work Novafusion, but I have two issues in my smartphone (I8190N):

-Offline charge don´t work
    -APP SMS don´t work. I don´t read SMS and I don´t sent SMS.

• Ricardo says:

Thank for this update.

– Calculator slow and lose cursor at large operation

• Leo says:

In my dial I love to see exacly when some1 called me, NO how many minutes/hours/days ago it was. I cant find where to switch it ! Is there such an option ?? Also Cant see alarms number in my history calls. I need it in my work. CM works fine, much faster then android. Thanks for your work.

• mohammad aliwe says:

Thanks for the work but their is some games that did not work like castle clash and clash of lords 2 … pleas fix this problem as soon as possible

• Brets says:

I’m Facing problems in cellular data connectivity…
    Sometimes my phone loses connectivity or enter in “Emergency Calls mode”.
    When tap “Data Connection” icon on Notification Drawer nothing happens.
    Tried to enable/disable “Air Plane mode” with no success.
    The one way to “reconnect” is to reboot the device.
    Any ideas?

• Lucio says:

Video cam not work

• No funcion a la aplicacion de mensaje, se detiene.

• Skylife says:

I have a problem with the screen, When i use CM( any version) I cant turn off the display, i can but it will turn on automatically.
    But when i use AOSP it doesnt happen…please help, i like cyanogen more

• Majkeeelo says:

In this update is better, but sometimes i still have a problem with incoming calls. When I receive a call, it breaks after 1 second.

• Ave_Hornet says:

Jakieś wieści na temat Ace2/SAdvance? postęp jest?

• Alulau says:

With latest releases my batery started to drain really fast and it’s almost new, just two months old

• Angel says:

Are you planning to make OTG working soon? I really need it 🙁

• Skylife says:

My screen wouldnt stop waking by itself. It only happens in CM11/12
    But when i use other roms it wouldnt happen. I dont want to use other roms because i just love Lollipop.

• Mani says:

Since I liked your TWRP guidance colours I am copying this note here for your consideration.

“According to the Pew Research Center, an Internet user is 7.4 times more likely to click on content if an image is attached to it. Branding and marketing experts carefully utilize color schemes and images to persuade us to buy certain products.”

Why don’t you use more of those combination here? Since I used it once, I don’t remember whether what appears on top here is the same or slightly different. If it is the same then good.

For reference the link is here.

• Dexter says:

Thanks novafusion
    But i have some bugs, like random reboot

• Benji Daniel says:

the download page wont show an software when i click on s3 mini

• AlbertoDR says:

Xposed makes everything crash and causes a bootloop – not even working after flash by TWRP or ODIN
    Fix permissions on TWRP breaks everything and causes again a bootloop – not even working after flash by TWRP or ODIN
    System on f2fs doesn’t work; once again crash and bootloop – not even working after flash by TWRP or ODIN
    Obviously clean install each time. I tried more than once but always the same result.
    Are you experiencing the same problems?
    Back to AOSPA for now

• Tom says:

SMS application crash immediately, Hangouts receives SMS but cannot send any. I deleted strange tripled(!) APN settings, but when creating a new one, can’t save the settings. So, I can’t send SMS in any (normal) way…

• bassel hesham says:

Thank you Nova for giving us chance to experience lollipop.
    But please fix all caller and contact bugs, offline charging bugs,apps crashing bugs,youtube crashing bugs, camera video’s bug and please enable navigation bar in settings

• Silvio Luiz says:

Same problem remains… Caller is not idenfied

• Silvio Luiz says:

Great job. Wonderfull ROM

• Ferhat Budak says:

Why dont u update cm11. It has a lot of bugs. It has been 2 months since the last update.

• Alfred says:

+1 … I think arrived the end of CM11

• Mani says:

I think CM 11 is perfect now.

With passage of time, and little bit of change in user settings here and there, my battery life is just about to reach 3 days any time now (more than 2 hours and 20 mins talk time too)!

If at all I come across any hitch they are all very minor in nature. That happens even with STOCK ROMs also as far as I know.

Let us ALLOW the team to work with, and perfect CM 12 Lollipop, as they seem to be rightly doing!

Those who have issues still with CM 11, I think the best way is to go in for a clean re-install with proper wipes.

When I started first with custom ROMs during Dec 2014, it took me about 4 trials to get it right, as I was always making a small mistake here or there!

The patience to reinstall is THE small price we must pay if we want to get out of arrogance multinational STOCK ROMs!

In addition to any contribution of course!

• isaacjude says:

Carbon Update? Is it coming anytime soon?

• graiion says:

Can I use a 64GB Transflash/SDcard in my GT-I8190L with this ROM? or do you recommend me to use a 32GB one

• Hadol says:

SMS/MMS Aplication dont work. Only me?

• icesehman says:

superb & beautiful ROM..everything is ok for me. i can call, receive call, browse internet, etc. only problem when i try to touch or change the setting for SMS..error ‘unfortunately sms has stopped’ . Waiting for new release to fix this very small problem. TQ from Kuala Lumpur

• icesehman says:

correction – after changed sms setting

• kaan says:

I have Message error stopped..

• vince says:

Hey guys, grate work, still got some bugs:
    -Facebook video not working
    -Instagram video not working and randomly closes
    -Chrome looses alignment of web pages, especially google searches

• marco says:

With Bluetooth connection when I receive a call, it breaks after 1 second.
    No problem with normal use

• Mateusz says:

Cant open sms app………………………………………………..

• Roverto says:

¡¡¡Internet free!!!

• shahramlp says:

Hi guys. i have a question for you and i’m a rookie so if my question is idiotic don’t laugh too much.here is my question : what if we install an android which is not for our phone? i mean for example this one which is for s3 on ace 2 ? thank you all

• Vannam Nguyen says:

Messages has stopped…..

• Emankcin says:

I have a problem with the Facebook App. I don’t get any push notifications. In the Facebook App settings I can mark the checkboxes but after a second it returns to a clear box.

Someone the same problem? Any solutions?

• Mycroft797 says:

Why do users migrating from software other than cm12 have to perform a wipe? Will you release another version users from cm11 can update without performimg a wipe?

• Lia Lotta says:

Floating browsers (all of them: link bubble, hover browser, dolphin float, javelin,…) and fb messenger popup always automatically close after a few seconds, without crash reports or anything. Any idea how to solve that?
    Besides that, beautiful work on bringing cm12 to s3mini!

• vince says:

What version of GAPPs should I install? All the versions seems to fit but I’m not sure if its actually working OK