August 1st, 2015

New stable release (20150801) of CM12.1 for S3 Mini is available!

Please, test it and report any bugs!

For flashing Lollipop, we recommend you to install our TWRP recovery (available on Download page)!

Do full backup before installation and wipe data/cache (factory reset) after installation if you don’t updating from older CM12.0 release.

You need to perform a wipe if you’re migrating from software different than CM12.0!

• recreated CM buildtree
  • trying to get more of CM compability with legacy devices, like S3 Mini – part1

• RIL (phone/SMS/3G)
  • GPS/Glonass/A-GPS
  • camera (taking photos and videos)
  • f2fs filesystem support

• video taken by stock camera app is green, but some apps like Camu taking correct videos without any issues
  • less than 2% of users are reporting issues with mobile data – just add new APN manually with settings proper for your provider and apply it to make 3G working

• Racer says:

Fix Instagram videos pliz.

• mirko8054 says:

I am having problems with this rom, screen is getting red borders every 2-3 seconds, and when rebooting App Optimization was not done, back to prevous release..

• Michael says:

How do you update from the previous version to this version? Do I have to download the zip, move it to my phone and then install it in recovery mode using “Install”?

• tmantti says:

Yes. But you can download zip using your phone. you don’t have to move it from computer. remember install gapps too! (If you are already using CM12.1)

• Cuando va a funcionar el video

• system not responding :/

• snowblind says:

why is back button not working

• SPKJ says:

The screen get red borders

• vope says:

Hello 🙂
    some bugs have been corrected ? ! 🙂

• Michael says:

No errors with red borders for me, this release is running great.

• denInfestør says:

there are even more bugs!

• vope says:

even more ?
      Well, for me, I don’t untersand why there is a new bug (compared to first CM12.0 and CM12.1 release) with data icon. The exclamation point disappears whereas it shouldn’t.

• orhan says:

performance rather deteriorated. There are also problems in the battery. Users also better if you add the feature. MA-based version of the android meanwhile when future?

• serkan says:

periscope video error :/

• newbie says:

It’s a newbie question sorry for this:
    Is the past improvement always be in the new released?
    Like ArchiDroid’s Optimizations.

• Ggfggytt says:

Please for the love of god update carbonLP

• vine , periscope and instagram video error.

• I’d like to ask everyone…..has ANYONE found a CALL RECORDER working just fine with Maclaw CM 12.1 for S3-mini i8190?! I Do really need a trustable recorder…anyone managed to setup “Boldbeast” correctly? Or “Call Recorder” by Skvalex?
    Thx in advance u all! 😉

• Jose Cardama says:

Day 31, the developers still don’t release a Carbon update.

• Sky says:

Ok this one is minor bug, one that I can totally live with but I just thought I’d mention it in case it’s an easily resolvable issue.
    Whenever I try to use the search assistant to set an alarm I get an error message saying “unfortunately clock has stopped.” The search assistant works fine and even confirms that the alarm was set but because clock crashed it actually wasn’t really set.

• Sky says:

Actually just realized that the stock clock app doesn’t work at all (the CM clock doesn’t have an alarm). It crashes every time as soon as I launch it. Only the widget works. Hopefully you guys will work out a fix at some point.

• infoNauta says:

In last release I had this problem. To the clock work I have to disable this app (clock) in Configurations > Apps, clean your datas and enable him.

• Sky says:

Hey thank you so much!!! I did as you said and the clock now works 🙂 I can set alarm using voice and everything. AWESOME! Thanks again for your help! 🙂

• Dani says:

Very laggy, very slowly. Went back to the 20150723 version

• Carlos says:

Please update Carbon5.1, because it’s more stable. Thanks

• [email protected] says:

Download Page does not work. Why the f*** login? Any mirror?

• jess24d says:

Fix the camera ¬¬’

• Elvitek says:

Again: CM11 YouTube!!!

• Chris says:

No sound in media player

• ananda96 says:

I can confirm that, system not responding, very slow, laggy

• cfps says:

To me if I work well , and had no failures , camu is very slow and bad . Still using vivavideo videos are good and in HD. for repair bugs you will wipe only dalvik chache,cache and system NO WIPE DATA but i cant move apps for sd card. sorry my english is bad./ a mi me funciona de maravilla, no tengo problemas de rendimiento ni batería y tampoco esas partes rojas mencionadas pero aun así sigue sin poderes grabar bien los vídeos con la aplicación stock.pero no todo es malo.Nos recomiendan usar (CAMU) pero es demasiada mala esta aplicación (lenta y mala calidad) usen viva vídeo esta aplicion es la solución a sus problemas. De nuevo perdón por mi ingles.

• Robbe says:

Que tal el consumo de bateria?
      Mejor que con la ROM anterior?

• cfps says:

La batería tiene un consumo bueno o normal,pero si me fije que la aplicación de musica (eleven) no sirve,pero pueden usar la aplicacion (apollo(cyanogenmod 11)) y funcionara igual,también se reproducirá en la pantalla de bloqueo.

• Robbe says:

Cfps gracias por la respuesta. Volví a instalar la ROM del 23/07 me parece que esta del 01/08 hace que las aplicaciones brinquen, no hay una respuesta fluida.

• Cfps says:

Como ya lo manifesté esta ROM es buena, los únicos fallos que encuentro evidentes es la aplicación de eleven y que no se puede grabar la pantalla,tienes que hacer un backup de solo el data (yo uso twrp) y lo wipeas,acto seguido restableces el backup.

• Paulos says:

la batería dura menos de 12 horas, sin greenify y no tengo instalado ni fb ni messenger, sólo twitter y whatsapp

• dziubek says:

the server drops the connection while downloading

• adrian21 says:

how to fix the green screen camera recording?

• Pit says:

very unstable, frequent resets – reply sms, call itp.

• Angelo says:

Still I can’t install Facebook… I always get an error. Sometime the installation is so long but it always failed so I had to download it again and getting the same errors….Please help me

• Very good rom, only problem that I have is a big battery drain. Suggestion?

• Andy Blues says:

Hi devs,
    are there plans to make cyanogenmod runnable on the “samsung s3 mini GTi8200”? It must not be lollipop, but a version, that is not so vulnarability as the stock-rom (I’ve got jellybean from samsung in the moment).
    So, if there are no plans, I would advise to start the work on it. The device base will grow rapidly.

Andy

• fix fm radio (no work with Spirit 1 and 2 FM Radio, fix 720p video? fix the sound incoming call;? fix battery consumption? when solved these problems then I install this rom. thank you for this jobs, Your work is very good thanks, simply these are what serious problems

• Tomás J. says:

Another camera app work in videos?? (no camu)

• Tigerman82 says:

Regarding Facebook, I’d recommend not using the Facebook app and installing UC Browser which has some serious Facebook capabilities. I’m running the 0727 release and as soon as I uninstalled the Facebook app, the battery life went from bad to surprisingly good. I did keep the Messenger app even though UC Browser is capable of sending Messenger push notifications (Messenger doesn’t drain the battery as much as the Facebook app and the UI is nice). But yeah, especially with this phone and NovaFusion ROMS, you can save a lot of space and, more importantly, battery life if you DO NOT install the Facebook app.

• buggy says:

I noticed that the system slowed down a lot with this version….

• Jakub says:

md5sum from download site: 82d9148beb9310a676e5478d38a7ec29
    md5sum of downloaded file: 84dd90a1602f807e44bebd1b95fbd3ad

wtf?

• Sami283 says:

For me, this release works perfectly fine, thanks nova team!

• ferrian says:

The file is corrupt i try in my device s3 mini but error while i install cm rom

• webwiller says:

I’ve been looking for a nicely working call recorder for this Rom for ages. I mean: Ages! Finally I got there and I’d like to share this with you: The app which you’ll find on Playstore is: Boaldbeast. The correct settings are as follows:
    – Record Mode: 1, 4, 5
    – Record Format: WAV
    – WAV Sample Rate: 8000
    – Tune Audio Effect: No
    – Tune Samsung1: Yes
    If volume is a bit low you can increase recording volume in the settings too. The cutomer service it offers is also top-class! If you have a phone and can’t workout right settings, go under the tab “Ask for New Parameters” And you’ll get personally answered and followed through till you solve your issue! Thx to these people too, our S3mini is still on our top ten!!!

Thx for the great job Nova…and thx Boaldbeast in this case!

• seba says:

Seba

Hey guys thanks for support, you’re really doing an amazing job.
    In my case the phone its running fine with 23/07 version. A couple of things still not working (selinux, camera→camera illusion resolves it, and cpu governor reset when phone turns off). Thanks!

• Muharrem says:

System very slow 🙁

• mike says:

slow, slow, slow return version 20150723

• mikelly says:

Robbe,

Here’s a little better instructions on how to install the omni-5.1.1-20150712-golden-HOMEMADE.zip. You will need to perform a full factory wipe, wipe/data and dalvik cache when moving to nightly builds, or you will end up in a boot loop.

As the OmniROM is not a pre-rooted custom firmware, you can install SuperSU on your S3 mini if you want root access. Download the latest stable version of SuperSU by Chainfire and then flash it on the phone via TWRP recovery. it’s on their website.

To Install correctly make sure you have the ROM, GApps and Super User zip files ready to install through TWRP. It will install all three and reboot. Takes about twenty minutes. It’s a PITA but well worth it. As stated before only problem noted were you can’t access the SIM card and the video are scrambled for which CAMU app can handle. If you have any questions please let me know. Enjoy!!

• Robbe says:

Thanks mikelly, I appreciate it

• mikelly says:

Robbe,

Not a problem. As you can see when I wrote the comment all my comment are coming in now. Too late for some people to read. They’re holding back my comments until I give up or someone elses bypasses. All my June comments are coming in now. What a crock…

• Sky says:

Seriously dude I don’t think they’re doing this on purpose. I’ve had this happen to me as well on several occasions before for comments like “thanks” or “nice work!” where it doesn’t show on here for days. The problem lies somewhere else. I’m wondering if it’s got something to do with clearing the browsing data/cookies after a session.

• mikelly says:

I would have agreed with you if it was just my one computer. But all my computers (all seven of them plus tablet) are missing the same comments. So it isn’t my end here. Anyhoo some of my comments are returning and others have been gone for a while.

• David Martini says:

Essa ROM esta funcionando com muita dificuldade, deixando o dispositivo lento e a correção do Wifi Direct e da Conexão por Dados da operadora não estão funcionando tbm. Corrijam, por favor!

• Thomas says:

I am facing an issue with connecting to our universities WiFi. It is secured with WPA-2 EAP TLS, settings and certificates have been set as they have been in my original OS, however connection to the next Cisco AP fails with “authentication problem”. Any idea what may be wrong?

• mikelly says:

Thomas,

Try manual settings. Get the necessary info from your universities IT. I had to do the same thing for my school. Good luck

• nilfs2 says:

Too buggy and slow, will rollback to a previous version.

• Hey developers please in next release add ZRAM COMPRESSER and fix most bugs :(((

• pablo says:

Alarme não funciona internet só Wi-Fi e à room está lenta!

• Peter says:

Sorry for not using your bugtracker – where did you hide it?
    What about stagefright?

• Samuel says:

I cant connect it to the computer using adb please fix it!
    I can help if you want, contact me!

• Peter says:

Sorry, where is the bugtracker?

• John says:

is it possible to switch to Omnirom? and how?

• Robbe says:

Hi John:
      This is a little explanation that mikelly wrote to me.

mikelly says:
      August 6, 2015 at 11:18 pm
      Robbe,

• MikeC says:

Downloaded cm12.1_golden.nova.20150801.zip. MD5 checksum is 84dd90a1602f807e44bebd1b95fbd3ad not the checksum shown on the download page. Repeated download to check – same checksum. Downloaded older version got same checksum as displayed on the download page. cm12.1_golden.nova.20150801.zip download seems to be corrupt?

• Hello someone can tell me how can I download the previous version as this still has many mistakes.

• masterg87 says:

The instagram app crashes when playing a video. How can I fix this issue?

• Sunil Vyas says:

Does this ROMS for GT-I8190 works on GT-I8200?

• vope says:

Hi
    What is the best release ? CM12.1, Carbon , or OmniROM ?
    Thanks

• siggix450 says:

For me its CarbonLP

• danbilzerian says:

Carbon

• mikelly says:

I like CarbonLP but OmniROM is much much smoother in operations. It feels like a stock ROM and have a lot less stuff than CarbonLP. OmniROM is PITA to install as some people have found out. So far only me and Sky are the only ones able to install it. My instruction above on this comment. Good luck if you install it.

• Crs says:

CM12.1 slower on my S3 mini.revert back CM11.0

• cfps says:

How install xposed?, please help me!!!

• omar rabi says:

Nova please install for 18200n please please please

• Paulos says:

Will be corrected the green videos issue ?
    after many days i’ve found the rom with a very short battery life, and ocasional random reboots.