August 10th, 2015

New stable release (20150810) of CM11.0 for S3 Mini is available!

If you’re updating from older CM10.1/10.2/11.0 version, you don’t have to perform a wipe!

• resolved stagefright issues
  • AndiDroid’s optimizations – part 2

• full f2fs support – the best filesystem for Android (tutorial here!)
  • SELinux

Also would be great, if you wouldn’t create the mirrors ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Leon says:

Dear Novafusion. Do you provide to release new rom for Galaxy S Advance?

• Atinisikenkovboy says:

youtube fixed ?

• bladiebla says:

Is Stagefright fixed?

• bladiebla says:

Nvm, missed the changelog somehow

• Michael says:

How about an Stagefright fix?

• Andy Blues says:

Thank you for your work.
    It seems, this release is also restricted to s3 mini GTi8190.
    Is there a chance to build it for the GTi8200 model? Can I help with code reviews or transcoding (the stupid parts of that, where a lot of data must be reviewed and correlated) I’m an absolute beginner in android and java, but I’m coding since 20 years in C(++), perl, PHP and shell-scripting. Maybe I can force development a bit, if someone shows me the relevant points in the code tree.

greetz

• mikelly says:

Andy,

Read my comments on the August month. I’ve talked about GT-i8200 ROM that couple of sites have already completed. I listed the URL and they posted it up a week later. If I tried to posted the url you may not get it. Let me know how it goes.

• stucgr says:

Installed fine. Many thanks for the speedy fix of the stagefright issue.
    I am not a big Youtube user, but I thought I’d test. It certainly worked for a short play of a video. No crashes. My previous ROM was the 8th May version and that had always run Youtube fine too.

Of course, I’ve only just installed it. So, I’ll report back when I’ve tested further. Thanks again.

• ArchZeck says:

How can we report the bugs? I’ve been looking for the bug tracker but I always get on a 404page from Github ๐Ÿ™
    Haven’t tried this version yet, but well for the CM12.1 15-08-01 and I got some bugs I would like to report, gonna try this one ๐Ÿ™‚

• Trefoil says:

Thank you for your stagefright-fix for the S3 Mini. Can I use the libstagefright*.so for my S4, too?
    Or is it hardware-dependent?

• Janci says:

Stagefright is vulnerable

• Thanks!! stagefright is resolved. But still there are many things to solve related with video, Please Youtube…

• darvi says:

Test MD5 checksum does not match

• Leon says:

There isn’t my post sent yesterday I asked about new secured version rom for S Advance (i9070p)?

• Dibbie says:

thx for this update keep up the good work cheers

• Helmut Jarausch says:

Sorry, but I can’t see this new version under der Download butten (only the version of August, 1st)

• Wow those archidroid optimizations boosted my antutu benchmarks to 50000+ ๐Ÿ™‚
    Now lets wait for archidroid v3.
    Now seriously, cm11 is the best for our phone. Cm 12.1 will never be near close.

• stop doing cm 11 and fix cm12 camera not recording

• Jens K. says:

I’ve a problem, that WLAN doesn’t switch off in standby. This causes large battery drain.

• Tomas K says:

Thank you, great work Novafusion team. Wau, its realy faster than my previous CM11 version from june. It seems that you did some RAM optimalization, I have more free memory than before, with same apps.

• Al says:

how to take screenshoot?

• Mustafa says:

Within 2 hours of battery level it fell from 80% to 40%! ( in standby mode )

• MR.RAGAX says:

Yest, it has problems with battery meter. In 77% the meter is frozen when the charger is connected, and 55% to 20% the consumption is very fast. My cell is turned off always in 20% of battery. I think that is problem of calibration of battery but I don’t know how to solve it.

• mik says:

I can see the same battery life. Use Greenify

• I noticed more free ram too, even when i change the minfree values to lower…it doesn’t change behaviour. Even if I load many many big apps, my free ram (in os monitor) doesn’t drop below 150 MB. I think the ram management is a bit too optimized, as multitasking is affected negatively. I don’t know how to fix it as minfree values doesn’t seem to work.

• shez951 says:

I have a question
    What exactly does android optimization do and how much of a difference does it make in terms of day to day performance, benchmark scores, and gaming

• M Dammer says:

Does not install: I get into the Nova installer and when it asks to proceed to start the installation it just jumps / reboots back into TWRP.

• David says:

I installed this update and netflix, youtube and twitch doesn’t work, is so freaking annoying but thanks at least you try it

• shez951 says:

Does xposed framework work with ART

• Hng34 says:

Hi, I installed this from a stock ROM and only getting Roaming instead of 3g or H. Does anyone know how to fix that? Thanks.

• Luis says:

I use this ROM and appreciate it, but, please, don’t say it “Issues: none” when YouTube and several other streaming video player apps don’t work…
    It is broken since a long time.

• Siv Puthea says:

still can’t play on youtube…plz fix

• Hello NovaFusion team, I have some problems with this ROM, 1 does not recognize my mobile network (Movistar), 2nd youtube has a problem of reproduction and also would like to ask a favor, if you could answer this question.
    For you, what you are the best rom lollipop Glaxy Samsung S3 Mini to operate your camera perfectly without any problems?
    Thank you and I hope you can answer ๐Ÿ˜€

• Pescado says:

Please Help,
    my SIM card is not detected, any idea how to fix this ? ๐Ÿ™

• PeterDiaz says:

Thank you and I hope you can answer my question.

• Jens K. says:

I’ve a problem with wlan Hotspot. Activation needs Mord than 5 minutes. Dรผring this time the phone responds very very slow to inputs. Any ideas?

• Carl Englund says:

Thanks for fixing Stagefright. Feels good I can count on getting Novafusion/CM11 for a secure ROM, as opposed to anything from Samsung.

• Alberth says:

Does the swap memory works with this rom? Is there another alternative to increase the RAM? sorry for my English.

• Trefoil says:

Thank you for the latest update, but unfortunately, Stagefright is not fully fixed in your CM11. Google made a mistake, creating the new vulnerability CVE-2015-3864. Since yesterday, CM11 for S3 and S4 are patched against this new issue.

Can you please create a new CM11-version including this fix for the S3 Mini? Thank you.

• tcris@lykamspam.pl says:

CVE-2015-3864 Vulnerable ๐Ÿ™

• Ratok says:

Improvements to Version 20150715
    – latency reduced
    – overall high performance

My bug report
    – battery use is approximately twice as high as Samsung factory ROM
    – Youtube
    – strange charging symbol if S3 is turned off

• MR.RAGAX says:

Yes, I have the strange charging symbol if S3 is turned off. Even more, the S3 doesn’t charge if it was turned off in 0%. We need connect by several seconds, after to disconect the cell, turn on the cell until view the message Samsung Galaxy S3, and now connect again the charger to continue the charge. In another way, the cell doesn’t charge include all night connected.

• Cpt. buzz Kill says:

Message Notifications not working for me, tried factory reset even another message app.

Apart form lights no indication that a message was received.

• alan says:

Apparent bug: When I enable magnification gestures under Accessibility, the double-tap to sleep feature stops working. If I disable magnification gestures, the double-tap to sleep feature resumes working. Can’t have both at the same time :-{

• Elvitek says:

Repost Michel post:

To make YouTube work try this in /system/build.prop

Change :

ro.build.version.release=4.4.4

to

ro.build.version.release=4.0.0

Reboot phone after the change!!!!!

I now have working latest YouTube on latest cm11 from novafusion (10th of august release incl. Stagefright fix.

Br.

Michel

It also works with 4.4.3. I personally tried ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Elvitek says:

Sorry, Michel van der Vleut, I had not written the last name. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Janci says:

Lo pueden editar con Buildprop editor y lo pueden descargar de google playa store

• Chris Attard says:

A big THANKS who found this trick

• Trefoil says:

Hi Elvitek,

again: CM11 from Novafusion (build from August 10th) is NOT fully safe against Stagefright. Until now, CVE-2015-3864 remains unfixed.

Hope that they will find some time to fix that in CM11 for the S3 Mini and not only concentrate on CM12.1.

• mikelly says:

Trefoil,

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. There 900million devices that have this problem going back to Android Froyo (v2.2). The only secure phone are the blackberry (classic) hence why the US Govt use it for their employees to include the President. Other than that everyone is vulnerable.

• Diskdoc says:

There’s something strange with this version: two times I’ve connected the phone to the charger, set the alarm and gone to sleep. Both times when I wake up, the phone has been turned off and the alarm never sounded. When I turn it on, the phone is fully charged. Note: WI-FI tethering has been on when I go to sleep.

For those who are experiencing battery drain: try uninstalling Messenger, reinstalling and answering “not now” when it asks to sync your contacts. I think it helped me..

• Antonio says:

Once instaled, The s3 mini i8190n, it’s dead, no network, no signal vodafone Spain, all resets done, all wipes, factory reset, all instruccions, rom works, perfect, but still no signal, what’s wrong…

• Donald Duck says:

please check advanced wlan settings…

• geny says:

WiFi direct it’s not working

• beetle says:

1 GHz bug still exists (

• steve says:

No dowload button for 20150810??

• H. says:

if google play crashes, the fix is reflash gapps

• ShadowBlade says:

When you have the rom flashed with gapps, wipe your Dalvik cache and for me it worked. My phone felt much faster to be honest hope it works for you.

• geny says:

does anyone know about wiffi direct, in thois rom its not workin

• Piko says:

Clock app does not work ….. I try to set up alarm and app always crash

• Surfy65 says:

When I insalled BLN control from play store, phone says “systemui crasjed”, so I can’t disable BLN. Any idea?

• reje says:

I canยดt open my deskclock app. 4.0.2

• zitto says:

Hi! Original Samsung software has nice feature. Screen does not turn off until you look at it.. Is there a chance to implement same in CM11 and CM12?

• Esteban Viveros says:

Hi, first of all thanks for your release. It’s working almost fine on my S3 Mini Latin, I’m having just one problem related to the SIM contacts. When I try to import SIM contacts the app said that there are none, but I put my SIM card in other cellphone and the SIM contacts are there. I found a fix in the cyanogenmod page but I don’t know if is incorporated in this release ( http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/75837/2 ). Thanks for your help and support. Regards

• herr w says:

Hello, thanks a lot for your work on this ROM, I absolutely love it. I’m using it since about two months and I had my fair share of joy.

After installing the latest version though I noticed something different:
    1. My device was in debug mode
    2. The Build Number is cm_golden-userdebug 4.4.4 (some cryptic letters and digits) test-keys

Is this normal or may I have done something wrong in the process?

• josee says:

my battery drains so fast maybe it is a bug because everytime a i restart it he battery drops 10 % but when i connect the charger it gets it back immediately i tried everythink i could pssibly think of from greenify to blocking things in privacy settings . Any idea ?

• john says:

Hello, my comment from yesterday didn’t get posted to the site.

Is this normal?
    1. debug mode was activated AFTER installing the ROM
    2. BUILD NUMBER is showing this: cm_golden-userdebug 4.4.4 (some cryptic letters and digits) test-keys

• hi guys. please give me site, where i can find latest Gapps for cyanogenmod 11(android 4.4.4). Thank you…

• Javier says:

I have many randoms reboots, yesterday i install this version. I do the full wipes, i fact i did the restore to factory setting after install but i have to many reboots.
    Everything else works fine. You tube works perfect

• Victor G says:

Hi, this CM work on a S3 MINI GT I8200N? Thanks.