August 13th, 2015

New MILESTONE release (20150813) of CM12.1 for S3 Mini is available!

It is new chapter in development of Lollipop for S3 Mini. Everything has been cleaned. It is completely pure, without strange, unstable “improvements”, with cleaned patches and all stuff like that. But also we might forgotten about something – if we do, please, report that fact and we will include this changes (if they weren’t the ones that we’ve removed due to their “destructivity” of performance/stability) in release tomorrow – but we need your help with testing in here!

Please, test it and report any bugs!

For flashing Lollipop, we recommend you to install our TWRP recovery (available on Download page)!

Do full backup before installation and wipe data/cache (factory reset) after installation if you don’t updating from older CM12.0 release.

You need to perform a wipe if you’re migrating from software different than CM12.0!

• fixed stragefright critical bugs
  • recreated patches
  • recreated build and device tree
  • removed unstable and dangerous kernel “improvements” (it’s probably that we’ve removed too much, needs your support in here

• RIL (phone/SMS/3G)
  • GPS/Glonass/A-GPS
  • camera (taking photos and videos)
  • f2fs filesystem support

• video taken by stock camera app is green, but some apps like Camu taking correct videos without any issues
  • less than 2% of users are reporting issues with mobile data – just add new APN manually with settings proper for your provider and apply it to make 3G working

• AiVeN says:

Very nice guys!! 🙂 Downloading now and testing 🙂

• mirko8054 says:

Does “System” partition support f2fs?

• wavelet says:

Hi! Thanks for your great work!

Could you please tell me if the kernel supports zRAM?

Thanks again 🙂

• Douglas says:

Problema no video ainda??? affs… Quando consertar esse b.o. eu instalo.

• datoro87 says:

Sim Tool Kit work?

• jeffrey says:

Thank you so much for everything!

• Michael says:

Thank you – will try it….

• Engel says:

Does anyone knows if 1ghz bug it’s fixed?
    I’m in CM12 now, but i want to update soon 😀
    Great work Nova, You’re Amazing guys
    Sorry for my bad english :B

• andres says:

does it stills have the rst_stat 0x0000000 error

• Smithy says:

So there will be another release tomorrow that’s more stable? p.s thanks novafusion!

• andres says:

still i apologize

• Gustavo says:

“video taken by stock camera app is green, but some apps like Camu taking correct videos without any issues”
    🙁 I thought it would be solved

• Bl4st2 says:

No .tar.md5 extension so I can’t install with odin. And installing with TWRP I get stuck at flashing the file. It’s stuck at “detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/mmcblk0p22”.

• vope says:

Great work.
    Here are my bugs,… still the same, unfortunately 🙁

– Bad French layouts
    – BLN Control doesn’t work, due to Novafusion kernel, apparently
    – Still torch Long on-time.
    – Sometimes, torch crashes
    – No EAP-SIM, whereas it exists on Samsung ROM stock
    – very slower compared with previous releases
    – bug with data/network icon (exclamation point disappears whereas it should be shown when data if off)

Not tested :
    – Battery drains so fast ?
    – Sometimes when I turn on the screen, the touch doesn’t work ?
    – Low incall volume ?
    – Sometimes when I turn on the screen, the touch doesn’t work ?

To Nova Team:
    – could you update the link to download GAPPS, please ? It is broken… and I asked it several times
    – could you update TWRP to 2.8.7.0 ?

• jesus andres says:

good job, when he solved the green recording?:(

• Ilya says:

> If somehow you’ll find a bug, use our bugtracker if you want to report it.

Where is this bugtracker? On GitHub? Or there, in comments?

• Does it mean that just applied Archidroid optimalization has been also removed?

• Bl4st2 says:

I lost some google apps, like the play store and I can’t download the Gapps from your download page because they are not available to download, guys please help me…

• Synal says:

I can confirm, that performance is much better than the previous update.

I havent had time to test other things, but the performance is seriously much better

• As long as video recording is not fixed I cannot use it, as I have kids to film.
    Camu supports only lowres video which is like .3 Mp just good enough for a selfie 🙂

• jeffrey says:

Se eliminaron las opciones de rendimiento

• Bl4st2 says:

Google apps download link pls?

• it lacks the selection “performance”

• mirko8054 says:

System partition need f2fs filesystem too, some apps stuck on “installation” when downloaded or updated from playstore.

• Thanks Nova !
    But when you guys will fix the camera not recording ?

• Bl4st2 says:

Can someone link me the Gapps for this version? I was flashing from CM 12 but I lost all google apps. Please, they aren’t available in the download page.

• I am from Indonesia, I wanted to use the video in cm12 I hope can be overcome

• sc_by says:

Have anyone tested it yet?

• volker says:

Just installed 20150813 release. WLAN tethering doesn’t work. WLAN hotspot is beeing acivated and deactivated in turns every two seconds, each time causing an “error” message an starting acivation and deactivation all over again. The only way to stop that is to turn off WLAN. Phone eventually freezes, so turning off WLAN is not possible. You have to take out the battery then.

• Smithy says:

Only issue I’ve come across is the battery (It seems to drain quite quickly on wifi)

• `ahmed says:

error excuting updater binary in zip extern error flashing zip
    updating partition details

• Douglas says:

WHICH APPLICATIONS THAT RUN THE RECORDING OF VIDEOS PROPERLY?

• Bryan says:

• Ilya says:

Bug report by Ilya
    ==================

BUG-1. During installation via TWRP no brand nova installer, installation is automatic, the report is only issued to the console.
    BUG-2. Can’t find icon for stock camera in the main menu. The stock camera can only be run from the lock screen (like a phone).
    BUG-3. Fast dormancy (secril-fd-interface) constantly wakes phone from deep sleep.
    BUG-4. Not working phone speaker in Hangouts. Works only main speaker or headphones.
    BUG-5. During installation automaticly format /system from f2fs back to ext4.
    BUG-6. The flashlight turns on with a delay.
    BUG-7. Very long splash after the first run. Application optimization after installing are very slow.

Details
    ——————
    BUG-5. Console output:

detected filesystem f2fs for /dev/block/mmcblk9p22
    detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/mmcblk9p22

BUG-6. For comparation, on cyanogenMod 11.0 20150810 the flashlight turns on immediately.

• Smithy says:

Actually upon further review the battery seems alright now…

• Only issues I had where 1 wifi drop and battery seemed to run out very quickly at the start but then later on didn’t go down as fast, great work novafusion! excited for this new chapter of roms

• Robbe says:

Thanks Nova.
    -dialer stops working when there is an income call.
    -you eliminated the possibility to change governors and schedulers.

• Robbe says:

Offfline charging does not work. Cellphone restarts
      Not able to even charge the battery with cell on, going back to 07/23 rom

• mikelly says:

Robbe,

Here’s another way to install OmniROM. Install the ROM in accordance with instructions. If you are in a boot loop go into TWRP and install GApps and Superuser again and clear the Dalvik/cache onetime and boot into system. Wait twenty minutes and it should take. Let me know if you decide to try this method. Good luck

• Robbe says:

I will this weekend, thanks a lot for your research

• mikelly says:

I forgot to mentioned make sure your filesystem is ext4 and not f2fs. I didn’t notice it before so that might make a difference. Good luck..

• Robbe says:

It worked mikelly, was the file system issue. Now with ext4 started. Inmediatelly.
            Thanks, I will try it during the week end.
            Pretty smooth

• mikelly says:

You’re welcome. I’m glad it worked. It doesn’t have a whole lot of stuff like CarbonLP but it’s very functional and only issues are not able access SIM card and video scrambling for which camu apk or something similiar can resolve.

On the performance change the setting too “ondemand” and “noop” and reset the min to 200mhz and max 1000mhz you’ll have a very lengthy battery life. For some reason it set the min to 1000mhz. Enjoy!!

• Rafael says:

La pantalla de vez en cuando suele fallar como un lagrimeo.

Y cámara.

• wscan says:

quiero pensar que no es la primera vez que flasheas tu cel, y por lo tanto te habrá pasado lo mismo en las primeras versiones, teniendo este precedente, no crees que con la explicación que dieron en el post daba a entender que era posible que fallaran algunas cosas? estan queriendo dejar un mejor sistema del que actualmente tiene, entonces en vez de recriminarle lo mejor seria agradecer y simplemente decir ‘la camara esta fallando “otra vez”‘ (si es que ya se habia solucionado el problema)

• threetrees says:

Hi All,

Pros.
    – I’ve an impression that system is slightly faster than before,
    – I’ve also an impression that battery usage is lower than before.

Cons.
    – low volume of incoming / outgoing calls – really annoying. Volume improved when during call somebody else tried to reach me, I heard a beep sound and then the voice of my speaker went lauder.
    – occasional crash of Phone app, Hangouts app,
    – camera not working (green screen recording).

Thank you for the really good release.

• Polivio Saldarriaga says:

i cant install Facebook app, it gives a -504 error

🙁

great work

• Light says:

And still stuck on installing Facebook. And also when I restart my phone the battery percent drops so low. please fix those bugs…THANK YOU NOVA FUSION for making a roms.

• Orhan Özel says:

Thanks maclaw. There are some bugs in the new version. Incoming calls in the earpiece volume is low. However, a narrowed range sound re-opened the improving. Another error screen transitions going on during partial graphical choppy. There are some features that I want to include a. In the original Cyanogenmod ROM features and multi-user features such as wake of the screen in the notification. I wish to add these features. I also wish to add that of the property in which Cyanogenmod shortcuts. Respects

• Great work novafusion. Only thing (showstopper for me) is that video camera cannot record well in HD It ‘can’ record in HD (1280×720) but you get like 3 frames per second. I tested this with the app “videocam illusion”.
    The workaround (also with camu) is to lower the resolution to 640×480, but come on…thats even less than the cheapest webcam these days 🙂
    So as i need a fully working videocam as with stock, I go back to novafusion CM11. Bye bye guys, i will keep an eye on cm12.1 if they ever fix the camera.

• Jose Pereira says:

Hi, great work. Only one question, where can I find the performance button?

• harry dhanjal says:

It didnt install….it came installation aborted

• Mike says:

So really, nothing has changed. Great… Appreciate the efforts, though.

• meteor says:

thank you …..buddy

• Darren Lim says:

Great update. Apps like instagram and youtube works great. Anyway, can you add the feature of “user”? Thanks.

• Tugrul says:

Everything works fine youtube etc. Battery usage is also good. Only thing is there is no Performance setting that we could set cpu governor above the ”DeveloperOptions”.

The best and purest GAPPS i’ve ever used is here i recommed this:

Always do clean install for rom’s best performance.

• Witek says:

Dialer crashes whenever I get call. I can’t change governors. Other than that is working smoothly.
    The Dialer must be fixed ASAP!

• Owen says:

Phone does not wake up screen on incoming call?. Home button will wake it up but I’m sure it used to just wake up when a new call comes in?

• Jimmy says:

Update is very good. Before the update, i used CM 12.1 20150705 and have issue in playing video in Instagram. And when i lock the screen, when finished downloading, it won’t install it need to turn the screen on, so it will install aplication. But both issues is fixed. Thank you. And the pixel is clearer than 20150705. i really love it. And now it’s faster and smoother.

• Renato says:

Congratulations, so far, for me , is very good , is working very light ! it is possible to correct the green video ? I am currently using “Viva Video”!

• tmantti says:

Flickering is back.

• Omar says:

Dialer crash 🙁

• Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.
    How do i fix this?
    Help please.

• help says:

Thank you very much for the rom novafusion

I am a blind user and cm android
    They could help the talkback screen reader is more compatible with this rom?

Please nf

• I mean it depends were you got your gapps from.

• Rafael says:

Problems connecting 3G, The android don’t save changes to the APN 🙁
    The only problem i get! All working fine! It’s way smoother than the stock rom!
    Make a very clean install with TK nano GAPPS.

Thank you for this release! If I fix the 3g problem I post here.

Noted the formatation to EXT4 when installing, as Ilya said!

• mikelly says:

So much for improvement. Look like OmniROM will be my permanent choice. I don’t mind not accessing SIM card nor video scrambling since camu can handle the video. Other than that everything else works great.

Here’s an idea!!! Look at how they were able to solve most of the problem you have on CM12.1 and incorporate some of their solution into your ROM unless you’re too proud to accept the fact that you can’t have a stable lollipop rom. You guys have done wonders to CM11 that I have been using for a long time until I switched to CarbonLP and than to OmniROM.

There are no shame in admitting you can’t solve all the problems. So do yourself and your fans here a favor look at other ROMs and see how they made it work and incorporate pieces of that into your ROM. Like I stated it’s just an idea. A common sense idea but just an idea nevertheless.

• tmantti says:

I have some bluetooth issues. sometimes it wont turn on.

• when someone called black screen and cannot answer call and it cannot be excluded either sensor

• jordan heineken says:

hi guys already took two days testing this new rom , but has problems as the screen is distorted at the bottom , in the battery is a little more fluid than the previous upgrade and also have problems with the games when I close an stays in black screen and then I have to restart the phone, I would greatly appreciate if you solve these problems , on the other hand I really liked the new features added to it … I hope you read this review and take into account what I told you .. thank you guys

• Carlos says:

BUG-5. Console output:

detected filesystem f2fs for /dev/block/mmcblk9p22
    detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/mmcblk9p22

I settle in f2fs and finish installing in ext4

• @lt.core says:

Please Dev full support F2FS FIXED & SELinux MODE CHANGER FIXED for CM12.1 (same as CM11 NO BUGS & NO LAGGY SO PERFECTO FULL ROM CM11 FIXED, 1 PACKAGE F2FS & SELinux with CUSTOM ROM when INSTALLATION to TWRP with AROMA INSTALLER). Please ask for help DEVELOPER by #AMARULLZ.

“F2FS FULL FIXED & SELinux FULL FIXED ONLY ROM CM12.1 LOLLIPOP V5.1.1 FULL FIXED NEXT UPDATE… PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE”

Thanks. 🙂

• seba says:

Guys i need some help here but its undirectly related to cm 12.1.
    I’ve installed an apk called “noozy”. Its an audiophile music player. The thing is this player have a option to aply filters to the sound. To be short it only appears me crystalizer, mega bass and nuvocal. Intead in a x cover 2 (with kit kat) appears other option called soundfield atack. Can please somebody try it in a kit kat s3 mini device and tells what it shows?
    Thanks!!!!

• Berkant says:

Call drop came back please fix it