August 15th, 2015

New stable release (20150815) of CM12.1 for S3 Mini is available!

Please, test it and report any bugs!

For flashing Lollipop, we recommend you to install our TWRP recovery (available on Download page)!

Do full backup before installation and wipe data/cache (factory reset) after installation if you don’t updating from older CM12.0 release.

You need to perform a wipe if you’re migrating from software different than CM12.0!

• readded missing governors (like pegasusqq and etc)
  • readded missing schedulers
  • readded zRAM support, but as completely optional (golden-guy)
  • fixed YouTube and more apps video playback

• RIL (phone/SMS/3G)
  • GPS/Glonass/A-GPS
  • camera (taking photos and videos)
  • f2fs filesystem support

• video taken by stock camera app is green, but some apps like Camu taking correct videos without any issues
  • less than 2% of users are reporting issues with mobile data – just add new APN manually with settings proper for your provider and apply it to make 3G working

• Are videos taken correctly with Google Camera ?

• Dario says:

thank you, I’ll be tested.

• Ana says:

instagram video fixed? pls somebody tell mejdhsgsgshs@

• Smithy says:

Cheers, flashing now

• zisean says:

Call drop??

• zisean says:

prefer to use ext4 or f2fs, someone can help??

• Robbe says:

System will always be ext4. If you are starting a clean installation and if you plan to test other Roms I suggest that you use ext4 for all partitions.
      I tell you why, yesterday I was testing omni 5.1.1 and it installed perfectly with ext4, when I tried to restor my data, I could not do it because my backup is in f2fs.
      I really do not see a major difference between the two (2).
      Good luck

• I want the camera to work 🙁

• s3ccy says:

As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with this rom, Although I haven’t tested call drops yet

• KiwiTec says:

The profile selector in the power menu dissappeared. Is that depending on the cm sources?

• vope says:

Great work.
    Here are my bugs,… still the same, unfortunately 🙁

– Bad French layouts
    – BLN Control doesn’t work, due to Novafusion kernel, apparently
    – Still torch Long on-time.
    – No EAP-SIM, whereas it exists on Samsung ROM stock
    – slower compared with previous releases
    – bug with data/network icon (exclamation point disappears whereas it should be shown when data if off)

Not tested :
    – Battery drains so fast ?
    – Sometimes when I turn on the screen, the touch doesn’t work ?
    – Low incall volume ?
    – Sometimes, torch crashes ?

To Nova Team:
    – could you update the link to download GAPPS, please ? It is broken… and I asked it several times
    – could you update TWRP to 2.8.7.0 ?

• mikelly says:

Vope,

I gave you the link to both TWRP and GApps. They’re not going to update the link so bookmark the links I gave you. When you become a monk than they might update the link. If you need the links again let me know.

• vope says:

Hi mikelly,
        but it would be nice if the team updated the links…

• mikelly says:

Let them concentrate on CM12.1. They’re too busy doing anything else. Have you tried OmniROM 5.1.1. It’s very smooth and only two issues: No access to SIM card and video scramble for which camu app can resolve. The ROM run so well that it feels like a stock ROM. Give it a go and see what I’m talking about. Look at my comments on the last two or three cm12.1 comment sections for location of ROM and instructions. Good luck if you dare…

• John says:

How to try Onmirom? Can your tell us the way?

• vope says:

Hi mikelly,
            if I install OmniROM, will i lose all my contacts , SMS, parameters, applications ?
            Does BLN control work on OmniROM ?

Thanks

• mikelly says:

Vope,

If you’re accessing your contacts from the SIM card yes you will not be able to access them. Mine are store on google or separate hd; all SMS info will be lost; you’ll have to reset your parameters and if your apps has been backup by google you’ll get them back. The only apps you won’t get back are the ones that requires rooted phone. You’ll have to re-download those apps. The BLN has minimum functionality on the OmniROM. With CarbonLP you can use it a part of the notification for your email and chat. As for OmniROM it has virtually limited function and no notification option. If you have any more questions please let me know. Thanks

• mikelly says:

John,

Read the 08012015 CM12.1 comment. That got posted a week after I typed it. Good luck.

• mikelly says:

Vope,

Forgot about BLN. BLN works and you can set the time limit of how long it stays on. Unlike most lollipop the BLN isn’t in concert with the notification. Atleast with CarbonLP you can use it to notify you of email and text msg. OmniROM doesn’t have that option.

• Robbe says:

Vope it is a clean installation.
          You have to factory reset the cell with TWRP, you have to change file system to ext4, wipe dalvik and cache.
          The contact are suppose to be backed up in your gmail account.
          Make a full backup of you actual installation.
          Download omni 5.1.1 for s3 mini (google search)
          Download, if you don’t have already your gapps
          Download the supersu, because omni 5.1.1 does not come rooted.
          Place these 3 archives to your sd memory.
          You have to install the 3 of them.
          Don’t forget to change your file system to ext4 or you will be stock in a boot start.
          Good luck.
          I used all day yesterday and is pretty smooth but I returned to CM 12.1 with my backup because I couldn’t restore my data and I did not want to lose to many things. It worked pretty well.
          Good luck again

• mikelly says:

Vope,

I answered your questions but it might be a few days before it get posted so the quick answer is. No if you have google account. Yes you’ll lose SMS info. You have to reset your own parameters and auto retrieval of apps from google account accept apps that needs root access.

• zisean says:

Gapps link already fixed! It change to opengapps.org

• Norman X says:

I have a problem with ‘Access Point Names’, it doesn’t show anything and I cannot add anything, also – when I reset to default it still says ‘Access Point Name settings are not available for this user’.

Is there something I can do about it?

• Icemaker says:

Offline charging does not work for me.

• Philipp says:

I’ve got some graphic errors. There are a lot of glitches in games like Hill Climb. They are always on the physical bottom part of the screen, so if I turn the phone by 180° they are on the other side of the game, but physically at the same spot. They take up about a third of the screen.

• Carlos says:

Don’t forget Carboon PLEASE !!!!!!!!

• Brinder says:

Hey sorry but my s3 mini is dead becauce when I try to on phone then it just show Samsung logo with phone model even it can’t go to recovery mode. So please can you help to solve this issue…

• mikelly says:

Brinder,

Try removing the battery and turn it on to drain any residual energy. Wait one minte and replace the battery and try to boot into recovery. You may have to do this several times. You’ll get it eventually so long as you didn’t brick the phone.

• Crashing Google play service and Google+

• Brinder says:

Hey sorry but my s3 mini is dead becauce when I try to on phone then it just show Samsung logo with phone model even it can’t go to recovery mode. So please can you help to solve this essue …

• Enrique says:

How can install this release? I have other version of 12.1. Just need al wipes?

• Robbe says:

-flashlight turns on pretty slowly with quick setting panel but it works normally with apps like Super-Bright LED Flashlight bySurpax Inc.
    -battery usage is still pretty high with wifi on
    -at the moment pretty stable with the default governor and scheduler

• Performance settomgs are gone 🙁

• Luis says:

“fixed YouTube and more apps video playback”
    Hope this will be backported to CM 11 soon…

• Francesco says:

Are you sure that md5sum in the download page is correct? I downloaded many times and my md5sum for the file is 840aa2e516c3ad360649413a439d0bb8.

Thanks

• Sonny says:

I have Screen Tearing in Google Play, Chrome…and I would also be thankful for Facebook.

• Andreas says:

The S3 mini CM12.1 bugs since the update from 13.8.15:
    1) Screen flickering when having white background.
    2) Offline charging is not working anymore. While the phone is off, plugging the charger cable will lead to booting the phone instead of simply charging.
    3) Camera performance is quite poor.

• Robbe says:

-dialer keeps stopping with an income call.
    -battery usage is still high with and without wifi.
    Thanks again Nova.

• Robbe says:

By the way, I installed this 08/15 Rom with the nano gapps from the new download address and the mail exchange was disappeared.
      I reinstalled with another gapps that I had and the program did appear again.

• Alex says:

Great release,

A few issues I have come upon are :

Very low volume in calls

Slow reaction time for the torch to come on.

if the clock is in the centre of the status bar it becomes overlapped by other icons when loads are on.

video is green (however already made aware of this in the description).

the screen gets very fuzzy at the bottom when scrolling fast down a list, or also when playing games.

For some reason also contacts could not be found on my sim.

exclamation mark on the mobile signal appears randomly.

move app to sd memory also says not enough memory when there is.

Other than these minor bugs this release is running very smooth and reliable!

• John says:

Hi guys. Can you give me link on new TWRP for Galaxy s3 mini please ? Thank you a lot 🙂

• Elvitek says:

CM 11 YouTube bug. !!!

• Please Novafusion, can you solve CM 11 YouTube bug??

• Micha says:

Hey,

I try it here. Want to move an app but get error: not enogh Memory on SD card. All of the 15 GB is available. Cam can write on this card.
    Problem of the app or CM??

• hook says:

Touchscreen is not very responsive in the bottom line of buttons (Dialer, SMS etc, that area you know). That does not only apply to the startscreen. Everything you do down there needs “a seccond touch” very often.

• Volker says:

Thanks for porting CM12.1 to S3 mini.
    Unfortunately wifi tethering doesn’t work for me. When broadband data connection is turned OFF, I can activate wifi tethering and connect from my laptop to my phone (but of course that’s good for nothing, cause there’s no internet connection without broadband turned on). When broadband data connection is ON, tethering automatically turns off with a short message only saying “Error.”, if I try to activate it (of if I had already activated it before without an active internet connections, i.e. broadband turned off). Tethering then turns on and off (with error message) every two seconds until it is manually deactivated. Does someone have an idea?

• bryan says:

will not let me install .apk , for example mincraftPE
    I hope that this error is corrected
    Thanks team novafusion

• OmniROM Better Than CyanogenMod

• Witek says:

Dialer crashes whenever I get a call
    Flashlight light turns on with a slight delay
    Battery life with WiFi on is low AF

• Refiandry says:

The current battery charge stops at 65% and did not increase again, anyone can help?

• Hesam says:

hi everyone’s
    I use cm for a year and don’t have any problems…but since from couple days ago my signal is gone suddenly!
    I don’t flash any file or install any app
    and ime and serial number is ok
    I reinstall modem but nothing change
    one thing…when I install stock rom I have signal and everything is ok

any suggestions or solution??
    thanks

• Rodrig says:

– dialer sometimes stopping with an income call, its not good feature for mobile device :/
    – other works fine, gw

• FiruzzZ says:

I made a wipe/clean installation and Clock doesn’t work (I had to re-downloaded again from Playstore), Themes like Dark Material and others throws a message that cannot be installed,

• Feb86 says:

Call volume is too low

• Higgi says:

Ronomow APP doesn’t work with Bluetooth LE.

• druid23 says:

any app to video record in 720p smoothly, not like CAMU? y tried various and no one works good

• bugs :
    * equalizer of music not funcional
    * speaker on call very low
    * options about – mode network and locate mode , there is not.

Rom very stable to use, lovely !!

• Tan says:

Screen Tearing 🙁

• Light says:

Bugs I have:
    1. Battery drains so fast
    2. Flashlight Bugs
    3.Overheating while using Mobile Data
    4.Touching the screen bugs
    5.Screen Waving? or Tearing?
    6.SO MANY LAGS
    7. Audio FX is useless so please remove it.
    8.So many useless features that slows down the phone.
    9.VERY VERY SLOW
    10. APPS ARE SO SLOW TO OPEN
    11. CAN’T INSTALL FACEBOOK

…Please Devs, NovaFusion please fix it, “ANDROID MARSHMALLOW( Android 6.0) IS ON THE WAY. BUT THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. AND FOR MAKING ROMS FOR US.

• mikelly says:

Light,

Why don’t you use CarbonLP5.1.1 or OmniROM5.1.1. Both are much better than CM12.1. CM11 are the only ones that worked well. You people seems to stick with one ROM and never anything else. Variety is the spice of life.

• Tigerman82 says:

This is the best ROM by NovaFusion I’ve ever used. It’s smoother than previous CM12.1 versions, battery life is VERY GOOD and I’ve experienced minimal amount of freezes due to doing too much at once. After flashing, mobile data didn’t connect, but a reboot fixed that. There might a bug with the dialer (when someone calls), but I haven’t gotten many calls lately so I haven’t tested it thoroughly. I started using NovaFusion’s ROMs with my S3 Minis a year ago and have been disappointed with them as I’ve found them (starting from CM11) to be unstable, laggy and with poor battery life. However, it seems that with CM12.1 NovaFusion’s ROMs are blossoming and are almost comparable to the official CM12.1 ROMs which I use with my S4 Mini. Thank you Maclaw!

Finally, I really recommend everyone to not install the Facebook app: it’s one of the biggest battery hogs, it takes a lot of space and it has trouble installing/updating in NovaFusion’s ROMs. Instead, install UC Browser and use its Facebook capabilities: it’s way smoother, looks better to my eye, doesn’t drain the battery and takes little space. You even get push notifications if you want. I do have the Messenger app installed and use UC Browser for just browsing through Facebook. But yeah, stay away from the Facebook app. The only thing you don’t get with UC Browser is an option to easily share a photo to Facebook (you have to add the photo in UC Browser’s Facebook page).

• Micha says:

Once again: apps can´t move with 5.xx, Message:” the SD card has not enoug memory”. The card is empty. 15 gb free.
    Problem of CM?

• Malik says:

First problem: when i connect the phone charger screen trembles or flashes and then screen turns off
    Second problem:when i unconnect charger it still charging.
    Sometimes there is no first problem.
    And problems is not only cyanogenmod 12 ,yesterday i tried omnirom and there is still problem please help.Sorry for my bad English

• bee uchiha says: