August 27th, 2015

New stable release (20150818) of CM12.1 for S3 Mini is available!

Please, test it and report any bugs!

For flashing Lollipop, we recommend you to install our TWRP recovery (available on Download page)!

Do full backup before installation and wipe data/cache (factory reset) after installation if you don’t updating from older CM12.0 release.

You need to perform a wipe if you’re migrating from software different than CM12.0!

• CM sources updated to latest
  • probably fixed dialer crashes for rest of users which experienced them on latest release
  • fixed rest of flickering
  • v-sync fully reintroduced
  • improvements about performance menu
  • offline charging (untested)

• RIL (phone/SMS/3G)
  • GPS/Glonass/A-GPS
  • camera (taking photos and videos)
  • f2fs filesystem support

• video taken by stock camera app is green, but some apps like Camu taking correct videos without any issues
  • less than 2% of users are reporting issues with mobile data – just add new APN manually with settings proper for your provider and apply it to make 3G working

• “video taken by stock camera app is green, but some apps like Camu taking correct videos without any issues”
    please fix this

• Dave_ITA says:

Please update CARPONLP, it’s since 01/07 you don’t update!!!

• vope says:

Maybe CarbonLP needn’t update compared to CM12.1 🙂

• mikelly says:

Dave,

A very good developer will update a ROM once or twice a month because they do an extensive testing and then put the ROM out for the consumer. They’ll notify what they can or can’t fix and hope the consumer can find something else they haven’t discovered. With CM12.1 the consumers keep repeating the same issues over and over and they don’t pay attention and try to work on something easy to fix and forget the hard part to fix. OmniROM usually update once or twice a month. I’ve been using it for a two months and it’s very smooth like a stock ROM. They really listen to their fans on issues and work on them. Can you say the same for CM12.1?

• vope says:

If the bugs are still the same with this release, I think I’ll give up CM12.1 and test OmniROM :-/

• Dave_ITA says:

The problem is that carbonLP is based on CM12 and has the same problems , so if they fix something in cm they should fix in carbon also.

• Robbe says:

mikelly
        Take a look to this article.

I have found that after this my battery last longer.
        Give me your opinion.
        Take care

• mikelly says:

Robbe,

I knew that. The optimal settings are Windows animation scale 1x, Transition animation scale .5x, and Animator duration scale .5x. Any other setting will make the icon selection invisible.

• Sky says:

Mikelly some of your earlier posts were fair both in your wording and assessment but it now seems your only intent is to belittle the Nova devs. I have used Omni and found it to be better than CM12.1 in some respect but it’s not perfect and there is no need for you to shit on the Nova devs in every single one of your posts. The 2 teams obviously work differently, Nova’s way is to upload any build, even if only slightly modified, that they deem stable. That can be every day, every 2 days or every week. Omni goes about it differently that’s all. Moreover, it is obvious that you’re not trying out the new Nova builds but you still take it upon yourself to judge them to be inferior. I myself have suggested to some people on here to try Omni but I don’t come here just to do that, I come here to try the new builds. You’re not helping anyone by denigrating every new build without even trying them.
        No offense.

• Jürgen Zitzlsperger says:

• mikelly says:

Sky,

I understand what you’re trying to say but you’re a little wrong about your assessment of my comments. Novateam did an outstanding job on CM11. Fans complained about the issues and they slowly worked on them to make it as perfect possible. The 03012015-04042015 CM11 is definitely the best CM11 so far and I always go back to the ROM after trying the new ones. As for the CM12.1, they’re not listening to their fans crying out the same issues over and over. Why is that the team working on CM12.1 can make CarbonLP work so well with little issues? What I’m saying is instead of them splitting time on two ROM concentrate on one and put the other one on the shelf or have a second team work on it. I have two mini I use. One as my daily drive with what I believe to be the best ROM at the moment and the other I have to test every other ROM out there. I’m not trying to denigrate them matter of fact I’m greatful for what they’re doing on their on time and effort. There are not a lot of people out there who have the know how or the time. In my case I can write program languages and if no one was doing this I probably would be doing it myself.

Denigrating the novateam? I don’t think so. I keep reading the post of some of the fans complaining certain things won’t work or whatnot and this is their daily driver and so forth. I give them options. Did you know there are 9 different ROMs for GT-i8190 and two ROMs for GT-i8200? Not too many people know that and everytime I try to provide that info I get blocked so my default comment is do a google search.

NovaTeam does a great job in their effort to provide best product money can buy. But if you’re going to put out a comment stating “About CyanogenMod 12.1 Development” and list all the accomplishment that’s been done make DAMN sure it works before you put the product out. You lose integrity very quickly. No Sky no “offense” taken. I enjoy your comments and criticism.

• mikelly says:

Sky,

They’re not letting me respond accordingly so hopefully this very short version make sense. NovaTeam make great ROM when it comes to CM11. Their best ROMs that worked for me were 03012015-04042015 CM11. I always go back to it after testing other ROMs that didn’t met the standards. I don’t know what change but they don’t listen to their fans when it comes to CM12.1. The fans complain the same issues over and over and in some case new issues that didn’t occurred on the previous versions. I have two mini I use. One as my daily drive with what I believe to be the best ROM at the moment and the other I have to test every other ROM out there. I’m not trying to denigrate them matter of fact I’m greatful for what they’re doing on their on time and effort.

NovaTeam does a great job in their effort to provide best product money can buy. They take personal time and try to make our phones better than factory and I thank them for that. But if you’re going to put out a comment stating “About CyanogenMod 12.1 Development” and list all the accomplishment that’s been done make DAMN sure it works before you put the product out. You lose integrity very quickly. No Sky no “offense” taken. I enjoy your comments and criticism.

• mikelly says:

Sky,

I just type a long response and a very short response and they’re not letting me post it. If you really want to hear my comments I can post it on a forum of your choosing or email my comments to you. Third option is you can wait in couple weeks for them to post it.

• alfaking says:

Please change release number in this post
    “New stable release (20150818) of CM12.1″… it’s 20150827 (y)

• vope says:

Great work.
    Here are my bugs,

– Bad French layouts
    – BLN Control doesn’t work, due to Novafusion kernel, apparently
    – Still torch Long on-time.
    – No EAP-SIM, whereas it exists on Samsung ROM stock
    – very slower compared with previous releases

Not tested :
    – Battery drains so fast ?
    – Low incall volume ?
    – bug with data/network icon (exclamation point disappears whereas it should be shown when data if off) ?
    – Sometimes when I turn on the screen, the touch doesn’t work ?

To Nova Team:
    – could you update TWRP to 2.8.7.0 ?

• Widu says:

It isn’t necessary to spam that under every new release post!

• vope says:

– Sometimes when I turn on the screen, the touch doesn’t work
      – Random reboot
      – BLN Control doesn’t work

bug only with OmniROM :
      – bad French translation
      – no weather near clock
      – bug when toggle torch icon : the icon disappears…
      – no F2FS support
      – delete recent applications not allowed (it is allowed on CM12.1)

Actually, OmniROM is very fast.

• Nacho says:

In coming call CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH.

• Bugs that i had:
    -video-camera films green
    -crash clock
    -I can’t install any version of facebook

• vmct92 says:

back to factory version , many bugs this year. thanks , keep improving

• mikelly says:

Vmct92,

Go to XDA-Development website. There are various ROMs for our phone. Some of the ROMs are SlimROM, Carbon, OmniROM, CM11/12/12.1, PacmanROM, Cromi-KK, SlimKat, ParanoidAndroid, Android Open Kang Project, PureAOSP and Chameleon. Some are very good and some are very bad with most are average. I personally use OmniROM as my daily driver for one phone while I use my other phone to test the other ROMs. Don’t give up. Try one of the other ROMs. Who knows you may find one you really like. Good luck if you decide to go for it.

• dosnbrot says:

whats about stagefright with this release? i’m using 20150715 and there is vulnerability CVE-2015-3864 detected. is this fixed with 20150818?

• Helmut Jarausch says:

Many thanks for this release!
    Unfortunately, the offline charging problem persists here.

• Phone not recognised by the pc if connected by USB, it only charges. EXCHANGE SYNC still doesn’t work. I have problems with my Hotmail account: ok with emails but no contact in the contact app. Please fix it. Exchange sync works pretty fine with CM 12.0

• nizvolt says:

Incoming call crash every time… I make full clean installation… TWICE!!!

• Great work.
    I just had a problem. I could not install any theme of the app store.
    I receive the message: failed to install theme

• Tomás says:

Still flickers sometimes :s

• DarkDawn says:

My tests:

– Offline charging: OK
    – Flickering: still on a couple of apps, like Photo Gallery
    – Battery life: with wifi on, not so long.
    – Incoming call crash: not yet (testing)

• Bananab0y says:

Thank you Novafusion!

Is it possible to fix screen recording?

• Light says:

Guys i give up in this roms….Try OmniRom it works so great. Please dev take a look what omnirom is so you can have a idea…But anyway thanks for this roms.

• waikit says:

Lollipop 5.1.1 (CyanogenMod 12.1) 20150827 stable
    If i answer a coming call will suddenly close the call and come out a messege that said not working ,afterI flash this rom.
    Hope will fix this problem thanks.

• Bruno says:

I always use the previous stable version of cyanogenmod. But even though it has some bugs here and there. But comparing to the stock firmware cyanogenmod suits me better because it is real real fast compared to the alternative. I might try this Omirom. thanks for the tip.