December 4th, 2015

New stable release (20151204) of CM12.1 for S3 Mini is available!

Please, test it and report any bugs!

For flashing Lollipop, we recommend you to install our TWRP recovery (available on Download page)!

Do full backup before installation and wipe data/cache (factory reset) after installation if you don’t updating from older CM12.0 release.

You need to perform a wipe if you’re migrating from software different than CM12.0!

• CM sources updated to latest version
  • multimedia patch improvement (first part)
  • reaplied patches
  • video software decoding improvements
  • toolchains update

• RIL (phone/SMS/3G)
  • GPS/Glonass/A-GPS
  • camera (taking photos and videos)
  • f2fs filesystem support

• video taken by stock camera app is green, but some apps like Camu taking correct videos without any issues
  • less than 2% of users are reporting issues with mobile data – just add new APN manually with settings proper for your provider and apply it to make 3G working

• razhor says:

Thanks Novafusion! 😀

• yasin says:

while everyone waiting for cm13!!! ah you jokers:D

• BigMemer says:

thanks

• David Polly says:

It needs the Memo app. In the PlayStore there are a lot of apps that are very hard to use. Just a Memo based on the S3’s Original Memo

• solano says:

question because when I restarted the phone recognizes signal gcm

• solano says:

sorry for bad inglish

• cachirro says:

i can’t move apps to external sdcard, always says not enough space when the card is completely empty and working. tried many apps to make it happen, nothing works. can anyone help please?

• Bananab0y says:

Samsung never built in the ability to move apps to the SD card on the S3 mini. You can try 3rd party apps from the Play Store to link an app’s files to the SD card though (I’m using Link2SD).

• riyad chokri says:

Yeap same issue here

• cachirro says:

i had to try lots of stuff to finally make it happen. had to partition the sd card in 2 partitions, 1st in fat32 for media and windows acces, 2nd as ext4 for apps in phone.

after that had to install link2sd, it will install some script and reboot, then in the app just click on the app you want to move and choose “link to sd” and it will move.

• Sonny101 says:

I use GL to SD for a very long time now and it always works (for me), it’s free on google play

• Troels Arvin says:

This is my first try at using Cyanogenmod. I’m trying out Cyanogenmod, because my phone’s old Android seemed abandoned to the extend that serious bug fixes were not published for it any longer. But after having installed v. 20151204, I’m worried that my phone is now even less secure than before:

– SELinux is disabled for some reason; is there a way to enable it?

– Full-disk encryption does not work; it seem this is a general Cyanogenmod 12.1 issue; has someone found a way to make it work?

• I can’t install Minecraft. Everyone who can help me?

• Nihat Çetin says:

Hi. First, thanks for all roms Nova. You work hard.
    I haven’t tried this rom yet, but I m using the one before. I tried many previous rom, and i always have same problem about music app. I have two sdcard, and I often change them. When i remove sd, songs in my playlists go, and don’t come back after put in sd. Can you fix it?

• mh says:

USB OTG isn’t working for me.

• dicky vivo says:

what gapps should i use ? when i use 5.0 full ill force close every app. pls help

• CM User says:

Hi. I need a big help. I installed this new version of CM12.1 today. I’m a CM12.1 user since a few months and everything was okay till now. I decided to do a clean install of this release by formatting everything as f2fs. Installed ROM and the newest GAPPS from opengapps.org. Okay, ROM working. Opening Play Store. Google Play Services has stopped working. I tried different versions and still that problem. Any fix for it? S.O.S.

• CM User says:

Okay, so I found the fix of Play Services crash. Logcat did the trick. There was a message “Error inflating class android.webkit.WebView” so I installed the latest WebView APK and now everything is working.

• Mike says:

Stop asking for CM13, ya leeches. From a development perspective it wouldn’t make sense to release it right now anyway. Why do you think no one has yet?

• Nils says:

The Performace Settings aren’t available for me anymore 🙁 Everything else works fine for me.

• Nihat Çetin says:

Hi. First, thanks for all roms Nova. You work hard.
    I haven’t tried this rom yet, but I m using the one before. I tried many previous rom, and i always have same problem about music app. I have two sdcard, and I often change them. When i remove sd, songs in my playlists go, and don’t come back after put in sd. Can you do some thing about that?

• Gabbia says:

Hi nova
    AUDIOFX don’t work with apps like TUNEIN RADIO
    Is it possible to boost headphones volume?

Good job

• mirko8054 says:

Could you setting up an OTA update system?

• wagner says:

when i try to use any google app like playstore, shows this message: “google play services has stopped”

• Elvitek says:

How do I turn on the lights of the notifications on the home button, back button and the other button as they did in the CM 11? Sorry for my English.

• stappix says:

Same question.
      What is the supposed behaviour anyway? Should the buttons light or flash permanently when I have unread messages?
      For me, with CM11 it was the following:
      When charging, lights (i.e. back and menu button) were on permanently, when I had unread messages. When not charging, the lights went on and off randomly (most of the time off).
      Now, the lights do not go on at all…

• Ricardo says:

offline charging don’t work. please remove from features list

• dzioobasek says:

worst release so far, pity you guys dont say a word about gapps not working at all, at least those you linked on your website.

• Tuğrul says:

http://opengapps.org The best gapps are here.

• ARCHANGELO says:

I want to report that I have installed this rom on 2 GT-I8190N and in both terminals Gapps the crash, not making use lollipop, one of the two I changed by installing the CarbonRom and Gapps, and it works great, you have a problem to solve and since I am a lover of CyanogenMod I hope you do it soon

P.S. but why not put in a rom Gapps pico?

• Guillermo says:

Fix the video camera green problem plis!!

• Mike says:

I think I’ll stop posting here. Even when I have something useful to say in regards to development I still get that “comment moderation” bullshit… I’ll be over at XDA if anyone needs me.

• kevin Koo says:

Thank you to the development team for developing. I know it’s thankless, but I’m thankful that someone’s doing it.

• cachirro says:

Does any one has a working app for video recording? tried so many, all record gibberish, none is usable

• Angel says:

Gracias por sus aportes pero honestamente ya les perdi la fe. Casi un año probando ROMs defectuosas e inestables con ustedes. Mejor renove a otro equipo teléfonico

• David Polly says:

“System Ul” stops constantly…

• yasin says:

are there anybody who can use screen mirroring? mine always says “no device could be found” or something like that? i do not know if our devices support screen mirroring with cm12. (stock rom does not have support)

• yasin says:

I couldnt find performance option in this release. ( developer options enabled) are the anyone could find it?

• Antonio says:

when I try to update something, google play store crashes and it says “play store has stopped abnormally”. What can I do?

• SPKJ says:

La cm 12.1 è bella ma a dire la verità non sono super soddisfatto dato che manca il Supporto SD esterna (non è colpa dello sviluppatore ma è proprio il codice originale che non la supporta, dunque con pazienza attendere l’uscita della CM13 che la supporta, sperando che mi soddisfi come mi soddisfò la CM11)dato che se la memoria interna si riempie il telefono rallenta XD
    Ci do un mio parere,o uscirà a Natale oppure l’anno prossimo, prima non uscirà

• Frank says:

Thanks a lot, great work!

One question: Which other Kernel could I use to overclock the CPU? Or wouldn’t you suggest it?

Thanks again!

• Balouken says:

On some contacts, I have since the previous version “unknown caller” in call-log.
    I have 2 S3mini’s, on the other S3 I have CM11 and no problems in call-log.
    So I think this is a bug…

• It is expected to correct the video recording? Here is all green. I can not send videos by snapchat. Thanks

• Phuggy says:

Hello there,

I have just installed the CM12.1 (20151204) and i don’t have any opinion abut the stability and battery usage for now.

I think i have some issues with my battery and i just wonder that does it affect the battery life to use the s3 mini with 8*6 grid size in 180DPI.

And what you recommend me to longer the battery life than the common methods like reducing the brightness or closing the mobile data?

Thank you in advance.

• Junior says:

whether the application is excellent but lacks greatly improved. the first is that it has delayed opening applications and lacks fluidity and no more will not let me install apk off the beach store applications and says that the application can not be installed and does not let me see if television and before the application could you called pro player. Please ask him to solve what they refer thank you for your attention will be pending upgrade thanks.

• Carlssss says:

Do i still need to wipe data/factory reset when installing cm12 from my cm11? tnx

• babyonboy says:

nada qeu arreglan el problema de la cámara video verde, sigo con c13 porque lo mas importante de un celular es la cámara de video y foto , ese camu no sirve, salen los videos peores

• Balouken says:

Everything works fine.
    No problem with gapps.
    Fast and stable.
    Batterylife is best ever!

I only have 2 problems?
    1. When someone calls me, and I call that number back from my history, that last call is named “caller unknow”? I can’t even see any number?

2. When I install other dailer-app, i can’t use the new dailer for phonecalls?
    When i call a number, the phone calls, but i can’t abort the dailing?

• Piggeh says:

Multimedia patch improvement, first part? Just how much improvement was in this ‘first part’? Playing music is twice as stable and smooth already! Keep up the great work!

• Leccestar says:

Does this work for the N variant? I’ve tried flashing via recovery and Jodin but both result in a boot loop.

• benzaa says:

I have a problem with the battery. When the phone charges to 90% it switches itself off. I’ve just got a new battery, so I don’t think that’s the problem. Is somebody having the same problem?

• Marco says:

Someone has tested this Android version with Spirit UL radio FM? Any other FM radio app works?

• it will be perfect if you solve the video issue.

• Ben says:

Hi, really love your s3 cyanogenmod versions!

Just installed 12.1 some days ago as 11 was performing perfectly.
    However I do have a issue regarding gapps:
    I can install all the suitable tkbuzz versions and they do work. Unfortunatelly the battery drain is not acceptable (More than 50% by Google play services). Is is the same for pico, nano,… In APP settings statistics i get super much counts on those w.r.t. location (though deactivated location) and interruptions of hibernate,…

A solution is do deinstall updates of Google play service, but that is not my favorite where it is outdated e.g. for push services.

I habe to mention that i want to use Google for playstore only. Even deactivated calendar and contacts sync. But that was fine in 9.x 10.x and 11.x.

I dont know if the issue is related to Rom vor gapps however.
    Do you have a potential solution hinter for me?

Regards
    Ben

• fonzomat says:

hey Mike-
    THX for doing this!
    one question- is it impossible to harden the kernel you use against TOWELROOT?
    just asking…
    ;D

• Paddy says:

Does anybody know if the front LED notification (for any event) should now work? Unfortunately, on my mobile it remains black even if it should blink (eg. configured in Whatsapp for new messages).

• z1rqdym says:

This release draining the battery faster than the others. Gps and mobile network are off only wifi is on. Brightness min. Even while on these draining is fast. But when i use battery safe mode battery drain is normal. İ changed the governor interactive to ondemand.

• icowin92 says:

Hei.. it’s 2015/12/21. Last release it’s 2015/12/04.. what’s it happened?

• Yuber says:

I can not install the facebook page and the manager, help?

• Alejandro says:

Que lastima que, estén dejando de actualizar las Rom. Todo el Año pasado, hasta más o menos, Octubre de este año, habían actualizaciones constantes y que realmente arreglaban los Bugs que traía las Rom.
    Pero ahora ya no se preocupan por actualizarlas, y todas las versiones tienen casi los Mismos Changelog. La Carga Offline lleva sin funcionar desde hace bastantes Rom´s y aun no lo arreglan, entre otros bugs.
    Hacían buen trabajo pero ahora dejan mucho que desear, una pena la verdad, espero y regresan a las actualizaciones constantes.

Tendré que regresar a la versión de KitKat, estable que tengo guardada.

• yasin says:

It seems that the developers are dead!

• Emilien D. says:

I cant install any files.apk from my sdcard… how i can do ?

• eunro lee says:

Is the updates dead? 🙁 please make a stable and final update for lolipop? 🙁 im a big fan of NOVAFUSION TEAM PLEASE MORE POWER! !

• therealbatman says:

novafusion are the best. they got families to be with just like you. let them take their time off

• Andre Jaques says:

I was so hopeful to get a christmas update! Oh well, guess I will have to wait! Keep up the good work guys and happy holidays.

• nikonko says:

Merry christmas to all.

I tried this, but I found 2 issues:

1/ sms aplication have problem to display name of contacts (I can see only numbers, not names – not for all messages, only 1 old and all new – became on this version).

2/ light of bottom buttons doesn’t warn to missed calls, sms, …

Please, do you have something for solve it? (I don’t want to use other aplication for sms)

• yasin says:

1- you should do a clean install. you have to. mine works well
      2- BLN support is not exist in cm12.x roms. if you want to use it, you must find another kernel or go back to cm11.

• Laurent says:

hello, is it possible to configure selinux on enforcing mode in this CM12.1?

• Nxt12 says:

Why i can’t use NFC? :'(

• Kaique says:

My sql server error in the site, i cant download the rom

• C says:

i cannot text @[email protected] they can call me when my data is on @[email protected]

• gientto says:

Site is down, can’t download it. Mysql server unreachable

• Serkan says:

Biri CM 12.1 indirme linki paylaşabilir mi ?

• Serkan says:

Click the download button “MySQL server is unreachable. Please, let me know that site is down: [email protected].” I get an error. Download link sent to you bilirmisiniz ?

• Don says:

Hello,

I recently installed your latest stable build of CM 12.1 (20151204) on my S3 Mini. Before that it was running with the stock ROM and the battery had been lasting for more than 48 hours. With CM 12. it lasts for about 12 hours even though I use the phone in the same way as before and also optimized many things to save battery.
    So now I was thinking about downgrading to CM 11. Is such a downgrad possible without any issues? Has someone of you done this before?

Thanks for your help,
    Don

• Plis ROM s3 mini i8200l

• Mustafa says:

Nova Team quiet? 🙂
    Happy new year!

• SPKJ says:

Happy new year far alla 🙂

• SPKJ says:

Happy new year for all 🙂

• Martin DeVito says:

Hello support samsung galaxy s3 mini gt-i8200 or not ?

• Matt CG says:

I have problems with the volume in my headphones, is too low. I found that I can change that modifying an xml file in /system/etc, but I can’t find that file this ROM. Is there a way to increase the max volume of my headphones?

Thanks for the good work, this is the best ROM for the S3 mini that I have ever use.

• Simeon says:

Hello NovaFusion first of all Happy New Year!

Now i’ve found that the Preffered instal location in the apps section is missing.

• agust says:

Why always ” video taken by stock camera app is green ” how it could be fixed ? Until when…

• Juan Marques says:

I’m with 3g problem when I try to create a new APN it vanishes when saving.

• Andi says:

google play dont work it says that i dont have inernet connection but i have, and google services crashes all time google services have been stoped. Can anyone help me?

• Tobias says:

Hi NovaFusion Team,
    first of all I wish everybody a happy new year and Novafusion – thanks for your great work.

I installed CM 12.1 on my S3 Mini and everything works fine. But I still have the stupid Samsung restriction where to install my apps and I’m running out of memory. So I’ve installed Link2SD and did repartition my SD card with ext4, but Link2SD cannot create a mount script because of missing su. I checked in Terminal and I don’t have su privileges?
    Isn’t my phone automatically rooted by installing CM 12.1 or did I miss a point?

What can I do?
    Thanks for help!

• nikonko says:

Hi, you have to install su.
      I install it via TWRP. But, if you have instalation zip for 4.4., It wil be immobilises using of 5.1 – it freeze. You have to find su for 5.1. – I find it only as update, so I instaled su for 4.4. and then update for su. It works great.

• Tobias Blank says:

Dear Novafusion Team,
    first of all, hapy new year and thanks for your great work.

I’ve one question. I installed successfully CM 12.1 on my S3 mini and everything works fine. But due to the Samsung restriction I wanted to use Link2SD to move my apps to my SD card.

Link2SD doesn’t create a mounting script because of missing root permissions. I tried with a terminal programm and in fact I don’t have any root privilegs.

Did I miss something or doesn’t flashing my S3 mini includes root access automatically?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Best regards
    Tobias

• Bogi says:

Dear Novafusion team and dear MacLaw,
    first of all, thank you for all your good work!

Personally, I have quite a lot problems with the CM flashing process itself, although I have read a lot on your and other web sites. My problem is that I cannot install the gapps because the TWRP software does not allow me to mount the external sd card. When booting the sole (naked) CM 12.1 image, the phone is booting about 10 minutes (which is ok from what I read) and after that is feeling extremely sluggish and 2 gmail apps terminate all the time, one of it being Gmail.

I suppose that there are links to those apps in the core CM image, but as I did not manage to get the gapps installed, those links are dead.

Would it be possible to bundle at least the core gapps into the core image? Then maybe one could use the CM12.1 in USB mode to transfer gapps to the phone.

Anybody else having these kind of problems, too? Any hint or help is greatly appreciated!

P.S.: I have no problems to flash those stock roms out there. These are much bigger but seem to be self-contain everything in one image. Personally, I would appreciate if there was a CM image of that kind, maybe as an additional alternative.

Thanks,
    Bogi

• nikonko says:

Hi Novafusion, great work.

Are you solving issue with sound level during call?
    When I answer the call and want to raise sound level, I have to press button for lower sound and then for raise. When press only for raise, it doesn’t work.
    Same issue was on CM11 at the beginning releases.

Pease, are you know about usable kernel with BLN? It is very useful a it miss me.
    Thank you.